Upcomming announcement speculation thread

So I guess we have the answer as to why guides have been telling members to hold off in mailing back their contracts. A WEBCAST. I watched in December. It only saved me an extra $5 on BLT. Its better than nothing. AKV had the best incentive. We will have to wait. I took the KTTK tour in February and the guide told us they were going to build a new park in China. Maybe this will be part of the announcement. # weeks is a long time to wait, but I have 2 contracts for sale and if I can sell before thewebcast I will be able to addon. Let the 3 weeks of speculation begin!!!

Yes, the one in December was kind of a bust, but the first one they had last May was awesome! I'm still doing the Happy Dance :banana: from getting BLT at $92 a point!

After reading the email for the webcast again, this is what I gather it will be about.

talking about future plans for Walt Disney World Resort(I'm thinking Orlando and the park plans there), look at the Disney Dream, great add-on offers(probably not).

Then the thrid thing, is how families like yours take "magical vacations" year after year. Which I read as a plug for using RCI(hence the Paris backround).

That would be a bummer. Using Paris as a backdrop is just a tease. RCI in Europe for short-stays is a joke. I'd much rather use my points at a DVC property...

Has anyone heard anything about these new incentives supposed to be announced today? I am holding paperwork for BLT just to make sure we aren't missign a better deal.

Has anyone heard anything about these new incentives supposed to be announced today? I am holding paperwork for BLT just to make sure we aren't missign a better deal.

We are in the same boat. I am giving it until the end of the week and then sending it back in if nothing is announced. My guide told me to give it 7-10 days and that was 9 days ago. Even if they change something, we have 2-3 weeks before they will actually close on the contract and we can still have it re written if something gets better.

I am pretty sure the big announcement was the upcomming webcast.

We are in the same boat. I am giving it until the end of the week and then sending it back in if nothing is announced. My guide told me to give it 7-10 days and that was 9 days ago. Even if they change something, we have 2-3 weeks before they will actually close on the contract and we can still have it re written if something gets better.

Sounds like a plan. I am going to send mine back tomorrow or Tuesday. Whatever happens, happens. :-)

Someones guide told them there is a meeting Wed morning. I'd at least wait until then. :)

That would be a bummer. Using Paris as a backdrop is just a tease. RCI in Europe for short-stays is a joke. I'd much rather use my points at a DVC property...

i was hoping for dvc paris too, figure it'd be a painfree way to visit the park there.

i have read reports of low occupancy @ the onsite hotels there thoughpopcorn::would be a good shot in the arm for the park to have influx of DVCers

i was hoping for dvc paris too, figure it'd be a painfree way to visit the park there.

i have read reports of low occupancy @ the onsite hotels there thoughpopcorn::would be a good shot in the arm for the park to have influx of DVCers

I agree, there are many UK DVCers and it make sense to have a DVC resort in Disneyland Paris. I checked the RCI location in Paris area, it is nowhere near what they show in the background picture.

hi everyone!

dh just called our guide to see what the big incentive is that made him tell us to wait til this week to potentially book.

he said that they are offering OKW for $90/pt (the longer term contract) and also a free cruise.

yeah, we're still going resale.

hi everyone!

dh just called our guide to see what the big incentive is that made him tell us to wait til this week to potentially book.

he said that they are offering OKW for $90/pt (the longer term contract) and also a free cruise.

Must have a lot of OKW from ROFR to offer that. TTS is selling OKW for about $70 per point. Wonder what the cruise is?

hi everyone!

Any information on how many points you need to add on?

hi everyone!

If you got a free cruise can you gift it or sell it to someone else?

sorry all, i don't have any more info. dh is the one who spoke to our guide. since we are not yet members, maybe it's for new members only? not sure.

also, the length and type of cruise depended on how many points you bought. dh didn't get into specifics on that b/c we are looking to only purchase 160-200 points.

Just read a report that...
AKV was raised to $102/pt or $115 and get a 3 day cruise.
Also, BLT went to $6/pt off instead of $5 points off.

Can anyone confirm this?

Just read a report that...
AKV was raised to $102/pt or $115 and get a 3 day cruise.
Also, BLT went to $6/pt off instead of $5 points off.

Can anyone confirm this?

i think i just saw that on another forum...word for word...i wish someone could confirm...my guide is just so blah..no info and he knows i'm looking for a better incentive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter