UPDATE - ALL restaurants from 2008 back on for the 2009 DDP!

I'm hoping the complete 2009 list is released soon as we already have ADR's at a couple of restaurants that were not shown on the brochure.

When looking at brochures for the DDP there is a code at the bottom of page 6 that indicates the edition date of the brochure.

The current brochures have 073108 - which means it's the brochure from July.

Hoping they have one that says 122908 on page 6 very soon :teeth:

:confused3 At this point I'm not sure if there'll be a complete list by the time we leave on 1/4.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I just got off the phone with Liz at Dining reservations. I asked her about the Counter Service Rest. in World Showcase and how there are a lot not on the DDP list of approved places to eat. She sounded a little surprised at the question and that they are all on the plan. I made sure she had heard that I was going in Jan 2009 and I was specific in asking about the Mexican, chinese, Japenese and the morocan CS's she asked me to hold and then came back with a list and read them off to me. I asked her why the WDW web site points at an old PDF and she did not know.

Based on that and people getting reservations for the TS's not listed on the DDP brochure I think the web site is behind and a lot of these places are good to go on the 2009 DDP.

Again, I have had experiences with Disney that I am told one thing today by this operator and could be told a totally different thing tomorrow, so remember that grain of salt I mentioned above.

Maz:3dglasses

Based on that and people getting reservations for the TS's not listed on the DDP brochure I think the web site is behind and a lot of these places are good to go on the 2009 DDP.
Maz:3dglasses

Yeah, I called a few days ago and got a DxDDP reservation for San Angel Inn Resaurante and was told it would be 1 TS credit. So, it seems like there are restaurants which have been finalized, but the list has just not been updated.

- Chris

This is so confusing.

We are going in late January, and I hope that Les Chefs in on the DDP. I made the ADR. I went there for the first time last August, and loved it. I read both good and bad about the place, but our service was great and the food was great, too. Oh well, what is a person to do?

I hate this last minute stuff! Don't they realize we all need to move on to planning something else...like what we are drinking after thi wait!

my travel agent made my adrs for me and put these notes on the bottom of my email

Teppan Edo is included in the 2009 dining plan as well as the first floor in Wolfgang Puck-just not the 2nd floor lounge.

Hope this helps :)

I just spoke to two different dining agents. Le Chefs de France IS in fact included on the 2009 dining plan. I know that it is not included on the brochure out right now, but purposely asked two different agents. They both said it is despite what I saw on the brochure. I am assuming a new brochure will be out soon with this listed along with others that were included in the past.

I have asked two different agents about Teppan Edo and they are both saying it is on the 2009 plan now also!

Remember to keep in mind that they check the computer system when they look it up. I was also quoted 1 TS for Chefs de France so I am very confident that the new brochure will be coming soon.

I can't say I disagree with keeping the "I heard on the Phones" to the discussion portion of the page, and the official update as the official list in the brochure.

I am inherently distrustful of the Disney Website. They still have 'current' DDP lists that show Alfredo's and Coral Reef as a signature experience. :scared1:

Where we should always be kind to each other both on the boards and PM's, I see no problem with OP's prerogative of waiting to see the official brochure (complete with edition date) Even though I am guessing that the CM's are probably right and most of these restaurants are official by now.

Agree that the 'official' list at the beginning of the thread should only be updated when we have something more official than "a CM told me on the phone." CMs have been known to give inaccurate information quite frequently.

That said, the consistency of this information from CMs is starting to look encouraging. I don't think it will be long before we get official confirmation.

David

this thread has been temporarily closed

it seems the original poster has deleted the list he had created :sad2:

Tricia is creating a new one and will update as soon as she has it completed

sorry for the inconvenience but it will be back up today

thanks for your patience!

Looks like we are ready to go...

As time permits over the next day or so I'll try to work on updating with rumored additions.

Thanks for your understanding as we worked on the issues. :goodvibes

I found the old dining plan thread very useful; however, since the old dining plan thread was closed and the list removed, I am starting a new one. Being the OP on this thread though, I am opening this thread up for "rumors", because, at least for me, if there are consistent rumors, I'm willing to make plans around said rumors and assume that the paper trail will catch up.

NOTE: Please keep the conversation civil so this thread is not closed as well. Thanks to the original thread's author for this list:

-------------------------------------------------
The below list includes changes from the 2008 Dining Plan list. This list reflects those dining locations which are not officially signed on to the Disney Dining plan according to the official brochure.

Those restaurants which are rumored to be included, based upon multiple different sources are highlighted below.

If you have spoken to a CM and have been told that the restaurant *is* included in the 2009 dining plan, please PM me and when I have at least 2 sources, I will update the thread.

All Star Movies. Music, Sports
No Change

Animal Kingdom Lodge
No Change

Boardwalk Resort
Big River Grille & Brewing Works

Carribean Beach Resort
No Change

Contemporary Resort
Tempo Grab and Go is Now Called Contempo Cafe (Counter Service) Otherwise No Change

Coronodo Springs Resort
Cafe Rix
Pepper Market
Siestas Cantina
Maya Grill

Fort Wilderness Resort + Campground
No Change

ADDED: Meadow Snack Bar

Grand Floridian Resoirt + Spa
No Change

Old Key West Resort
No Change

Polynesian Resort
No Change

Pop Century Resort
No Change

Port Orleans Resort
No Change

Saratoga Springs Resort + Spa
No Change

Wilderness Lodge
No Change

Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
No Change

Osprey Ridge Golf Club
No Change

Magic Kingdom Park
No Change

Epcot
Boulangerie Patisserie
Cantina de San Angel
Lotus Blossom Cafe
Tangierine Cafe
Yakitori House
Chefs de France(Rumored to be included)
Nine Dragons Restaurant
Restaurant Marrakesh
San Angel Inn Resaurante (Rumored to be included)
Teppan Edo
Tokyo Dining
Tutto Italia Restaurant

Hollywood Studio
No Change

Animal Kingdom
Yak and Yeti Local Foods Cafe(Rumored to be included)
Yak & Yeti(Rumored to be included)

Typhoon Lagoon
No Change

Blizzard Beach Water Park
No Change

Downtown Disney
Cookes of Dublin
Earl of Sandwich
Wolfgang Puck Express
Planet Hollywood
Raglan Road Irish Pub
Wolfgang Puck Cage

Disney's Wide World of Sports
No Change

I just called to double check my ADRs and the CM checked the list she had access to and confirmed that:

Yak & Yeti and Chef de France are both on the DDP list for 2009.

I then called back to request a current list and was told that what is online is current.
Assuming WDW does have the list correct on the website, you can view them HERE

They are listed alphabetically and you can also specify a restaurant name.

This is a screen shot highlighting where you would find if it is on the plan or not.

ddp.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter