UPDATE - ALL restaurants from 2008 back on for the 2009 DDP!

Hello,

This is my first post. My family and I are DVC members are are going on 1/8/09. We've made reservations at a couple of restaurants that aren't on the WDW Dining Plan list of restaurants.

I called 3 times to ensure that I was getting proper information and found the following information:

1-Planet Hollywood at DT Disney IS on the list
2-Tutto Italia in Epcot IS on the list

Also, I was told to check for an updated list after the 1st (which is slightly annoying to me considering we leave on the 8th!).

Also, in answer to a previous question, I was told by a CM that you can cancel your Dining Plan while you are actually at Disney World but you must do it BEFORE you officially check in.

Hope that helps!

Welcome to the Disboards!

Anyone heard if Tusker House at AK is on the plan? Thanks!

First of all Happy New Year everyone!

Now, I'm going to be a Debbie Downer....

I think if Disney is going to offer a dining plan for 2009 they should have all participating restaurants contracts back.
I am not happy that alot of us that are traveling January to early Feb. are still not knowing who is participating when we need to make adr's. Sure we could make adrs for other places, but since most of Epcot was off the list it doesn't give many options there :sad2:

First of all Happy New Year everyone!

Now, I'm going to be a Debbie Downer....

I think if Disney is going to offer a dining plan for 2009 they should have all participating restaurants contracts back.
I am not happy that alot of us that are traveling January to early Feb. are still not knowing who is participating when we need to make adr's. Sure we could make adrs for other places, but since most of Epcot was off the list it doesn't give many options there :sad2:

I agree! I'm actually waiting to add the dining plan, pending how the new plans rolls out and what restaurants are included, etc.

I am also concerned about the DTD locations:confused3 DH and I are going to arriving on Sunday and we love Planet Hollywood. I'm wondering about Wolfgang Puck's too, we usually like to go one night and eat at the bar downstairs

I am also concerned about the DTD locations:confused3 DH and I are going to arriving on Sunday and we love Planet Hollywood. I'm wondering about Wolfgang Puck's too, we usually like to go one night and eat at the bar downstairs

I would just call Disney Dining and ask. The CMs I've spoken to seem to know whether or not a restaurant is on the 2009 list (and so far, all the places we've made ADRs for have been on the 2009 list, even if they aren't on the official PDF version yet).

We're going next week, but the CMs we've spoken to have been consistent in their answers on whether or not a restaurant is on the list, so that's been encouraging. I didn't check on Planet Hollywood or Wolfgang though.

I had not seen these posted as "confirmed" anywhere but last night I called to make our ressies for April at these restaurants. We originally were going in March and when we made adrs for Teppan Edo we were able to make "temporary" ressie since it was not on the plan. Things changed and we pushed back the trip one month and I had to reschedule all adrs...CRT scared me but we got it :) Anyhow I was able to get a dinner at Teppan Edo and Yak and Yeti with no problem. They of course knew we were on the DDP so if either of these are something you would like to experience call NOW especially for the Y&Y..could only get a 430 dinner there!

Also, in answer to a previous question, I was told by a CM that you can cancel your Dining Plan while you are actually at Disney World but you must do it BEFORE you officially check in.

Hope that helps!

This is not true. If you are on a package reservation, you cannot cancel DDP unless you do it more than 72 hours prior to your checkin date. If you are DVC, it's 48 hours.

Anyone heard if Tusker House at AK is on the plan? Thanks!

Tusker House is a Disney-owned restaurant and definitely will participate in the 2009 dining plan.

if either of these are something you would like to experience call NOW especially for the Y&Y..could only get a 430 dinner there!

In January, Animal Kingdom closes at 7 PM at the latest - their most frequent closing time is 5 PM. You most likely won't get a later dinner anywhere in that park.

I called a few days ago and was told that Pepper Market was on the list along with the other restuarant at Coronada Resort. At Epcot I asked about Chef De France, it also was included. I then asked about DDD, Wolfgang, Planet Hollywood they also were included. Last of all I asked if any 2008 restuarants were no longer listed, the cm said she did not know of any that were not included in 2009

Need an updated list of Dining Plan restaurants......any news as to when the final list will be out? We leave in 2 weeks!

If you must have a complete DDP list for your trip in 2009, it's probably best to use the 2008 list as a reference.

I called a few days ago and was told that Pepper Market was on the list along with the other restuarant at Coronada Resort. At Epcot I asked about Chef De France, it also was included. I then asked about DDD, Wolfgang, Planet Hollywood they also were included. Last of all I asked if any 2008 restuarants were no longer listed, the cm said she did not know of any that were not included in 2009

I wonder if that means the theory about the notations on the dining website is incorrect? Last year for example Raglan Road was on the DDP and now it appears it is no longer according to the website. :confused:

When I called on 12/30, I was told by the dining reservations CM that Teppan Edo and Chefs de France were both confirmed on the DDP. Hope that helps. I'm still waiting on news about Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express.

I e-mailed Raglan Road a month or so ago to ask if they knew if they are on the plan for 2009 - a woman responded quickly and said they are participating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter