UPDATE: Christmas themed refillable mugs are available in some resorts!

We’re you able to use the SnowWhite Mug at your resort? We bought two mugs at WL on Christmas day but we are staying at POFQ. When we got back to POFQ, the mugs did not work. The manager at POFQ said these are not true resort refillable mugs because there is no chip in them. :confused3
We refilled them at both the QS station downstairs in WL and also at the station at the Geyser Point bar. But neither of those stations displayed the "end date" on the screen. I believe their chip readers may not have been working?

I would take the mugs to Concierge and complain about it as they are sold with refillable mugs for the exact same price leading anyone to believe they are refillable. See if they can give you a couple regular ones to use for refills.

We refilled them at both the QS station downstairs in WL and also at the station at the Geyser Point bar. But neither of those stations displayed the "end date" on the screen. I believe their chip readers may not have been working?

I would take the mugs to Concierge and complain about it as they are sold with refillable mugs for the exact same price leading anyone to believe they are refillable. See if they can give you a couple regular ones to use for refills.
Thanks for reporting back. Yes. Good idea about bringing them to concierge. The manager’s solution at POFQ was to give me a paper cup with a chip in it. But it bugs me cause we were told they were good everywhere. My kids used them at WL but they did say the chip readers weren’t working.

I saw a gentleman at Pop Century complaining, as well. When we were at WL, I saw the mugs in barrels behind the cashiers. I think some of the deluxe don't require chips for their drink stations. This is based on my experience at the Poly.

I saw a gentleman at Pop Century complaining, as well. When we were at WL, I saw the mugs in barrels behind the cashiers. I think some of the deluxe don't require chips for their drink stations. This is based on my experience at the Poly.
Yes. Very misleading. We were told the Snow White mugs were useable at all resorts, but they’re not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter