*** UPDATE POST #85 *** Disney if for families. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!

marie carlisle

Earning My Ears
I have added the update to the title so that this post being bumped does not bring on more debate. The OP has updated in this post.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=31033387&postcount=85

My Family (all 15) Was Taking The 3 Day Cruise Leaving Port On Dec
18. This Cruise Was A Celebration For My 27 Year Old Daughter Who Has Been Fighting Lymphoma Since 2007. After Chemo Didn't Work She Was Forced To Have A Stem Cell Transplant In June Of This Year. On Dec. 11 She Was Hospitalized And On Dec 15 She Was Told Her Lymphoma Had Relapsed. I Had Called Expedia On Dec 12 Explaining What Had Happened And Was Told We Could Roll Our Trip Over Until Next Year. Two Days Later, I Was Told By Disney That We Could Not Roll Our Trip Over. Today Dec. 17 I Was Told Again By Producing Documentation From The Hospital That We Could Roll Our Trip Over. After Working All Day To Get This Documentation I Was Told At 7:30 Pm That Only My Daughter , Her Husband And Little Boy Could Roll Their Days Over And If The Other Members Of The Family Were Not At Port By Sailing Time We Would Loose 100% Of Our Money. How Can Disney Do This To A Family That Has Been Through So Much. This Trip Was Christmas Gifts For Our Family. I Wish Disney Cruise Line Had To Call And Tell My Grandchildren How They Choose To Steal Their Christmas Vacation. Thank You Disney For Showing The World Your True Colors. Your Only Color Is The Color Of Money.

I am sorry about your situation. If you and your party did not buy trip insurance there is little that can be done for them.

Rob

I am sorry your daughter is so ill. Trip Insurance sure would have been a wise choice when booking your trip knowing she has health issues...........

This is the purpose of trip insurance. IF a situation like yours were to occur then you would be able to cancel all 15 members of your family without penalty. I'm sorry you didn't choose that option when you made your plans.

Sorry for your experience... you should ALWAYS purchase trip insurance when you are doing a trip such as this one. That is what is for.

Also.. .You should also avoid Expedia and Orbitz... because if you have to make changes... it is THEM that has to be contacted, not Disney... they are wholesalers and if you buy something from them - they and not Disney are responsible for the reservation. That goes for airfares as well as other trips. Alot of people don't know that.

Sorry to hear what happened to you folks. The previous posters are all correct about purchasing trip insurance, especially when possible health issues are involved.

The important thing here is the health of your daughter - not the fact you couldn't take the cruise when you planned or even lost some money because of it. That can be replaced.

Plan another cruise when she is feeling better, make sure you all have trip insurance, and all of you have the most wonderful vacation ever!

Best wishes.

from experiance I am thinking you could not get insurance, I am so sorry about your holiday, but I hope your daughter gets well and gets her disney cruise at some point, i am sure she will.

And can I just say that expedia are just hopeless, in fact worse than hopless, ok if everything going ok but otherwise:scared:

from experiance I am thinking you could not get insurance, I am so sorry about your holiday, but I hope your daughter gets well and gets her disney cruise at some point, i am sure she will.

And can I just say that expedia are just hopeless, in fact worse than hopless, ok if everything going ok but otherwise:scared:

You can get insurance with pre-existing conditions it would have just had to be purchased within two weeks of the deposit being paid but not through DCL

Cancer is not covered by most companies as a pre-existing condition. I found this out when trying to get travel insurance for my MIL. Only Travelguard had a policy that would covere her if the doctor said that she was fit to travel on the day that we put the deposit on the cruise. This also includes family members who do not travel with you. IOW....if someone at home has cancer and has complications, you will not be covered by most travel insurance for this reason either. The PECs apply to family members who do not cruise with you as well.

I find it odd that someone joined the Dis to make this her first post?

Last month, someone joined the Dis and her first post was a scathing complaint about a cruise she had just taken. I remember that I found it odd that all of the first letters of each word were capitalized. This was one of her posts:

Ok Let Me Clarify A Few Things Since I Am The Original Poster:
Ok First Off Dcl Is The Only Cruiseline I Have Ever Been On Because
I Trust That Disney Would Have Top Notch Security, Safety Procedures, And The Best Events Planned. We Have Been On 3 Cruises All Disney And With The First Two We Were Completely Satisfied.
On Our 2006 Cruise There Was A Party Every Time We Left A Port We Had 4 Stops Key West, Grand Cayman, Castaway Cay, & Cozumel.
And 2 Days At Sea. The Last Day At Sea The Walt Disney Theater Was Jammed Packed With Adoring Parents Waiting To See Their Cute Little Baby Graduate From "d Sea U" This Time If You Didnt Know That Friendship Rocks Was That Program Then You Just Missed It.
Disney Did Nothing To Announce It As Something Parents Needed To Attend And They Planned It At 5:00 The Same Time We Were Leaving Castaway And Right When We Were Getting Ready To Go To Dinner. So That Is Just One Example Of Poor Scheduling. The Day At Key West By The Time We Got Off The Ship Through Immigration It Was Almost Noon So We Had Enough Time To Grab Some Lunch And Then See A Couple Of Sites Then We Got A Page To Come Back For Trick And Treating So I Hauled Butt To Get Back Only Go To 9 Stations To Get A Small Bag Of Candy.
That May Be Fine For A 3 Year Old But For Kids 9 Thru 16 That Was A Big Fat Joke. It Was A Waste For Me To Go Crazy Trying To Get Back For That. They Had A Whole Day At Sea To Put Something Better Together. They Really Need Redo This Whole Pirate Thing It Has Been Done Exactly The Same For The Last 2 Years And It Is Getting Old Quick. Also They Could Have Used Te Pirate Decor To Help Decorate For A Halloween Party. As For The Room Attendant She Was Great We Loved Our Ms. Margaret! Our Waiters Were Great, Hugs To Michelle, Gary & Paula! As For The Costume Contest For Adults It May Have Started As A Contest But It Turned Into A Party Like Most Bar Tenders Will Tell You "we Stay Open While The Beer Is Flowing" And What Won The Contest Upset Some Parents It Was A Horses A** Now What Does That Say About Disney? We Were All Sent Packets Talking About What Was Appropriate And I Dont Think That Was. You All Can Think What You Want But Disney Is Known For Their Over The Top Celebrations Whether It Be A Wedding At Cinderellas Wedding Pavilion Or Their Cruise Line Or At The Parks. To Me Disney Means Quality, Service, And Fun And This Cruise Just Didnt Meet My Expectations....

The first post in this thread has the same weird pattern (first letter of each sentence capitalized). Why is that?

If the OP is not the same person as the one I quoted, then my most sincere apologies, but I find this whole thing strange. :confused3

TCD

If you use caps lock on all of your words, the DIS will automatically change it so that only the first letter in each word is upper case.

You can get insurance with pre-existing conditions it would have just had to be purchased within two weeks of the deposit being paid but not through DCL

Oh, right because I know my dad had to travel without it for a pre existing condition.

I find it odd that someone joined the Dis to make this her first post?

Last month, someone joined the Dis and her first post was a scathing complaint about a cruise she had just taken. I remember that I found it odd that all of the first letters of each word were capitalized. This was one of her posts:

The first post in this thread has the same weird pattern (first letter of each sentence capitalized). Why is that?

If the OP is not the same person as the one I quoted, then my most sincere apologies, but I find this whole thing strange. :confused3

TCD

Maybe just frustration:confused3

I seem to recall from insuremytrip that there one provider who has a cancel for any reason clause if you purchase it when you make your deposit. Can someone confirm or deny?

I just want to say that I am sorry your daughter is ill and I hope she gets better soon. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter