*** UPDATE POST #85 *** Disney if for families. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else find it odd that the original posting person has not responded to any of the other posts?

It's a troll... someone who posts intentionally to cause a problem... usually just causes trouble baits those who post and then either get shut down or the thread gets closed...

It's a troll... someone who posts intentionally to cause a problem... usually just causes trouble baits those who post and then either get shut down or the thread gets closed...

That is so pathetic, using a story like that if thats the case!!!!
And I was feeling so bad for her and justifing her story.
:confused3 horrible

Troll or not, it's a good reminder to all of us about travel insurance. I haven't purchased mine yet but I did make sure to get my MIL's coverage within the 15 days of deposit to cover her since she has pre-ex issues.

I am the lady who wrote about my daughter having a cancer relaspe. I had never written on this forum. I was reading the forum today and someone thought by my style of writing that I had written before. I can assure you that I have never posted anything on any forum and I only did so to encourage other people who are planning a cruise to take insurance. I did read Expedia's insurance information and I understood it as meaning if you have a pre-existing condition, the insurance will not cover you. I could be wrong though. My main concern is my daughter, not money. I hope I did not give anyone the impression that money was more important than my daughters health. There is nothing more important than that. Thank you for your well wishes. Please pray for my daughters health.

I seem to recall from insuremytrip that there one provider who has a cancel for any reason clause if you purchase it when you make your deposit. Can someone confirm or deny?

I can confirm there is one one but like you I'll have to dig up the provider. We have used it several times and can cancel without a reason. I have an elderly FIL and we always purchase insurance for big trips just in case. Sorry OP lost out but if they made exceptions and refunded all parties in her group there would be no reason to buy trip insurance and it is a huge and very profitable industry.

I can confirm there is one one but like you I'll have to dig up the provider. We have used it several times and can cancel without a reason. I have an elderly FIL and we always purchase insurance for big trips just in case. Sorry OP lost out but if they made exceptions and refunded all parties in her group there would be no reason to buy trip insurance and it is a huge and very profitable industry.

I believe it is Travelguard.

Several days ago made a post about my daughter who is fighting cancer. I was amazed that some of you readers thought I was making up a story to stir up touble for the DCL. I didn't know what a troll was until I read several posts. As I have stated earlier, I should have taken insurance and I have learned a lesson. For you people who doubted my story, we did provide DCL with documentation from the hospital here in Tennessee where we live and my daughter was a patient. Some of you people have children, would you make up such a horrible story about your child? All of the money in the world would not make me tell such a vicious lie. I feel sorry for anyone who would do that.

You know, I am amazed at all of your various responses. To those of you who actually believed this, thank you so much for your warm responses and well wishes. For all of you who were unbelievers, let me just tell you who I am and why I even joined this forum. My name is Melanie Carlisle Rainey and that was MY MOTHER whom you attacked viciously and MY SISTER whom you disregarded so blatantly. My mother is a kind, gentle person who, I admit, is not computer/forum-savvy but she would NEVER tell such a vicious lie about my sister or my family. She would never wish ill will on anyone and was simply trying to warn future cruisers about our bad fortune. My sister is a kind, wonderful person who has had the misfortune to end up with non-Hodgkins lymphoma. She is fighting for her life at this time because of various problems associated with her cancer and the treatment required.

I am absolutely appalled by the fact that some of you called my mother a troll. She had and still has no idea what that is and why you would call her that. She is very hurt by the fact that some of you would call her that. I personally think you should apologize to her. And, if you would like to be ugly to someone, go ahead and be ugly to me.

But, I can assure you that our story is true. If you have any questions, I urge you to email me personally. I do not have a problem with answering your questions, at all. Until then, I demand that you post an apology to my mother and next time, don't be so doubtful that something is true.

We did learn our lessons - we were not trying to place responsibility elsewhere- we were simply trying to help someone else not make the same mistake.

The reason that she didn't respond when you all thought that she should have responded was because she isn't on the computer all day long, every day. She has a life. My two youngest sisters still live at home- they are 15 and 10. She works a full-time job and takes care of my sisters as well as helping me take care of her grandson/my nephew. Give her a break, will ya?!

I agree about the trolls...if this post was legitimate, wouldn't the OP have responded by now?

Something just doesn't seem right... :confused:

Well, TCD, if you had a question, why didn't you try to email her and find out who she is and why she posted like she did? Instead, you slandered her by calling her a troll. Now, was that called for? No, it wasn't. She is not as savvy with these forums and such as I am. She isn't on her computer all day like I am. She works a full-time job and takes care of my younger sisters in between helping my sister who has cancer and helping me take care of her little 2-year old son. If you want to call her a liar, before you do so, why don't you check things out?

I have posted our story at several places on the internet. Why don't you check them out and if you have questions, email me directly. My email address is mickeypoohmel at yahoo.com or melaniecarlislerainey at gmail.com. I would welcome comments/feedback/questions from you or anyone else who would like to verify that our story is real.

melanierainey.blogspot.com
consumeraffairs.com - find Disney Cruise Line complaints
facebook.com - find Melanie Carlisle Rainey
myspace.com - find Melanie Carlisle Rainey

I find it odd that someone joined the Dis to make this her first post?

Last month, someone joined the Dis and her first post was a scathing complaint about a cruise she had just taken. I remember that I found it odd that all of the first letters of each word were capitalized. This was one of her posts:

The first post in this thread has the same weird pattern (first letter of each sentence capitalized). Why is that?

If the OP is not the same person as the one I quoted, then my most sincere apologies, but I find this whole thing strange. :confused3

TCD

First let me say that this is my first post on this thread. This type of situation is on every message board that I have ever been a member of. The cruisecritic website is probably the worst. I think it is so easy to say what you want when you are in your computer room, work, living room, what have you. When you don't have to look at someone and have personal interaction it makes it a whole lot easier to say whatever the heck you want.:rolleyes:

My own personal rule is if you wouldn't say it to someones face, then don't say it on here, or any other message board for that matter. Just my $.02...and now I'm going to hug myself and sing kumbaya.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You are absolutely right. But, my mother was not trying to be ugly in posting her post. She was frustrated, yes, but she was trying to tell other people what had happened to us so that maybe someone else wouldn't make the same mistake. I, on the other hand, am very upset with all of the people who said ugly things about her. And, let me reassure you, I would be happy to say what I've posted on this website to any of their faces.

I do not feel that it was necessary for them to be so rude about it. I invite anyone who cares to, to email me personally for more information but I also think that those who were so rude should apologize.

First let me say that this is my first post on this thread. This type of situation is on every message board that I have ever been a member of. The cruisecritic website is probably the worst. I think it is so easy to say what you want when you are in your computer room, work, living room, what have you. When you don't have to look at someone and have personal interaction it makes it a whole lot easier to say whatever the heck you want.:rolleyes:

My own personal rule is if you wouldn't say it to someones face, then don't say it on here, or any other message board for that matter. Just my $.02...and now I'm going to hug myself and sing kumbaya.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You are so wrong there, dear. They did not bend over backwards. Not that I have to prove it to anyone but we do have her medical records and we did submit them to Disney. No, we aren't going to kill our rep. We may be from Tennessee but we have standards. The rep was a heartless person and all I can say is that what goes around, comes around. One day, it may be their daughter, sister, mother, etc.

Disney isn't as great as you all think. I used to be a Disney fanatic, too, but after dealing with them over this, I wouldn't go back to Disney if you paid my way, gave me spending money, and paid me a daily rate on top of it all.

Yeah...

Like Disney wouldn't have bent over backwards especially if it was a legit cancer case???

You don't think they're gonna kill their rep now do you??? :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter