USA Flight Deals

Tashinwdw

WDW - closest I will ever get to being a princess
Hi everyone

I thought I would start a thread that we can tell each other about any flight deals that we find. I know there are a few of us waiting for that great deal to the USA......waiting, waiting.

The latest one I have found is for Qantas for $1498 the dates vary, doesnt include September but not sure if that means if have to be back in Australian by end of August.
Last year we paid a lot less $1100 with Air New Zealand but this may be as cheap as it gets with Qantas (someone may be able to let us know if they think it will get better than that)

Happy Hunting everyone, hope we find that bargain fare soon.........I dont know if I can wait for the Feb travel expo.:upsidedow

Hi everyone I thought I would start a thread that we can tell each other about any flight deals that we find. I know there are a few of us waiting for that great deal to the USA......waiting, waiting. The latest one I have found is for Qantas for $1498 the dates vary, doesnt include September but not sure if that means if have to be back in Australian by end of August. Last year we paid a lot less $1100 with Air New Zealand but this may be as cheap as it gets with Qantas (someone may be able to let us know if they think it will get better than that) Happy Hunting everyone, hope we find that bargain fare soon.........I dont know if I can wait for the Feb travel expo.:upsidedow

This is about what Qantas have been offering on sale since they increased their fuel surcharge. Not sure if it will drop below this again or not. Virgin and Delta have had similar prices too.

you just have to have departed Australia by 31 August, no restriction on your return date
The fare itself is only $644 return from Syd to LA, all the rest is taxes so really its a pretty good fare

you just have to have departed Australia by 31 August, no restriction on your return date The fare itself is only $644 return from Syd to LA, all the rest is taxes so really its a pretty good fare

Taxes and their very expensive fees. They have to have a super good fare since their 'taxes' are so much higher than everyone else! Makes using frequent flyer points a waste of time that's for sure.

Sta Travel have got from $1095 with Fiji Airways, but only for November. $1119 through to 11 December.

Just got a quote through Flight Ctr flying with Virgin. SYD-HNL-LAX return in April for $1535. It seemed reasonable or am I dillusional? They are apparently releasing new fares on 14th Oct. Whether they are higher or less I'm unsure?

That looks pretty good to me, it's only a little cheaper for just syd-lax return. :thumbsup2

Just got a quote through Flight Ctr flying with Virgin. SYD-HNL-LAX return in April for $1535. It seemed reasonable or am I dillusional? They are apparently releasing new fares on 14th Oct. Whether they are higher or less I'm unsure?

if you can leave by 3 April, the current qantas sale is the same price for a direct flight. there won't be many sales for the easter holiday period

Virgin don't fly via HNL, so wonder what code share airline that is with. Of course if your planning a stop over in HNL then that is the way to go, but have a look at Fiji airways, they have brand new planes going from Nadi, a little longer to get there, but leaving early April and back end April is $1050.

Oh and try to stay away from FC! They won't give you a good price unless you find it yourself, go to a full service TA, that will find you the deals, not sell you the whatever they get the most commission on.
Sorry FC rant over :crazy2:

thats actually pretty good for la and hawaii in the one sector. i did get $950 return to Hawaii for January with Jetar but getting a combo with LA can be pricey,

Check out when the Travel Expo is in your town. This is where we got our best prices for last year. Heres hoping they have something like that again :cheer2:

google travel expo and the dates will come up.

Virgin currently have a deal for flights Melbourne to LosAngelas $1394 travelling up to 30 June 2014.

Anyone know much about Fiji airlines?
They have some good prices to la although going via Nadi there and back and for us being in Adelaide we would need to get a flight to Sydney/melb or brissie first as they don't seem to fly from here. But for 2a 2c flights come up at $4700! for us all. Im thinking we could stop at Nadi on the way home to break up trip a bit maybe 4/5 nights, don't know much about Fiji though.
Does the airline have entertainment though as the cheap prices wouldn't be worth not having that for my sanity with the kids lol!
None of the deals are for sept when we want to go though but im wondering if maybe they might be when its closer:)

They have some good prices to la although going via Nadi there and back and for us being in Adelaide we would need to get a flight to Sydney/melb or brissie first as they don't seem to fly from here. But for 2a 2c flights come up at $4700! for us all. Im thinking we could stop at Nadi on the way home to break up trip a bit maybe 4/5 nights, don't know much about Fiji though.
Does the airline have entertainment though as the cheap prices wouldn't be worth not having that for my sanity with the kids lol!
None of the deals are for sept when we want to go though but im wondering if maybe they might be when its closer:)

From what I hear Fiji Airlines are pretty good. I don't think they're a 'budget' airline - they seem to include baggage, meals and IFE. I could be mistaken though, hopefully someone else has some first hand experience. I would definitely be keen to fly with them at those prices though :thumbsup2

We flew then in 2010 and had a stopover in FIJI on the way home I would fly them again if the price was right entertainment was not on demand when we went it was still a screen per seat but certain times on different channels but I think they have upgraded since then so it may now be on demand.

Anyone know much about Fiji airlines? They have some good prices to la although going via Nadi there and back and for us being in Adelaide we would need to get a flight to Sydney/melb or brissie first as they don't seem to fly from here. But for 2a 2c flights come up at $4700! for us all. Im thinking we could stop at Nadi on the way home to break up trip a bit maybe 4/5 nights, don't know much about Fiji though. Does the airline have entertainment though as the cheap prices wouldn't be worth not having that for my sanity with the kids lol! None of the deals are for sept when we want to go though but im wondering if maybe they might be when its closer:)
I flew them at the end of 2011 from NZ to Fiji and back (they were still called Air Pacific back then). The plane was old and had screens hanging from the roof, there were quite big delays on the returning flight, and the food was pretty bleh. In all, I wasn't particularly impressed. When I flew to Fiji in 2012, I used Air NZ instead and they were much better.

BUT, and it's quite a big but, I did seriously consider using Fiji Airlines for the trip we just did to the States. The reason being is for the stopover on the way home in Fiji. I LOVE Fiji. My favourite resort I've ever stayed at, Navini Island Resort, is there (although the Animal Kingdom Lodge has just come in a very close second), and I was keen to stop there for 3-4 nights on the way home.

In the end we decided to stay in Orlando until the last minute so we were there for my son's birthday. But if I was to do a trip like that again, I would make time to stop on the way home in the Sth Pacific. I just found that huge plane trip home really long and depressing. Plus I have been SO tired the last week. A few nights lying on the beach would have been the perfect end to a perfect trip.

Fiji air have just started using brand new planes on the LA route and have been getting great reviews. A stop in Fiji on the way home is a. Great idea, we have done it before and loved it. I'm seriously considering them for my son in April

Out of curiosity, how much is everyone paying per seat? I think I'm being a little over optimistic, as when we went to Orlando in 2011 we got flights from SYD to MCO (with a stop over in LA) for just over $1300 per person. Now I know I'm not going to get that again as I know that's an excellent price, but they're now looking at just under $2000...

Is that what everyone else is paying?

A few months back I jumped on flights from Sydney to LA for $4658 return for 4 of us (3 adults, 1 child) flying the week before Easter, returning the week after Easter. The same flights today are $7761, or $2028 per adult. You can see why I jumped on the flights when I did:cool1:!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter