USA Flight Deals

Out of curiosity, how much is everyone paying per seat? I think I'm being a little over optimistic, as when we went to Orlando in 2011 we got flights from SYD to MCO (with a stop over in LA) for just over $1300 per person. Now I know I'm not going to get that again as I know that's an excellent price, but they're now looking at just under $2000... Is that what everyone else is paying?

When are you traveling. We got flights for May this year in Feb Sydney to Orlando for $1400 per adult (I think) in a Qantas sale but paid close to $2000 for our upcoming Jan flights as I'm traveling with a bigger group and didn't want to mess around. I try and aim for $1500-1600 per adult normally.

Last year in September we paid $1100 pp for flights to LA and then an additional $500pp for flights from LA to Orlando then to LasVegas. I am hoping to get similar prices for next September........fingers crossed.:scared:

We don't have any specific dates in mind, basically if I find cheap flights I'll buy them.

Our flights in a few weeks, 2A, 1C came in a little over $2800 with Qantas - Sydney LAX return. We purchased at the end of March.

Our flights Syd Orlando return 2 years ago were just under $5000 for 4A and 1C with Qantas. That's when Qantas started flying to Dallas and did a big special.

According to this email I got from webjet, you can get flights through Virgin for around $1300.

I haven't found them yet, but if anyone does please let me know what dates you put in :lmao:

Qantas sale has adult fares $1399 to LAX for certain dates up till 10/9. I need October dates so hope they will come out in the next month or so.

Last year our airfares for 2A2C were $7800, this was Mel-LAX-MCO-Washington-NY-LAX-Mel. This time I just need Mel-LAX-MCO-LAX-Mel so hoping it will be less;) Will keep my fingers crossed!

Qantas sale has adult fares $1399 to LAX for certain dates up till 10/9. I need October dates so hope they will come out in the next month or so.

Last year our airfares for 2A2C were $7800, this was Mel-LAX-MCO-Washington-NY-LAX-Mel. This time I just need Mel-LAX-MCO-LAX-Mel so hoping it will be less;) Will keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks for the update. Still hoping to see them come down a little bit more, but that might be about the best we can get :sad2:

I booked flights direct with Qantas last night MEL-LAX (no stopover YAY!)
Departure Sunday 7 Sept
Return Thursday 9 October

2 Adults & 1 Child $4119 but using our QFF points we got it down to $3390 (inc transaction fees)

I know we could have probably waited but DH didn't want to miss out on direct flights considering how long we may be in transit :rolleyes:

Now just have to get LAX-MCO return which shouldn't be too painful...

I booked flights direct with Qantas last night MEL-LAX (no stopover YAY!) Departure Sunday 7 Sept Return Thursday 9 October 2 Adults & 1 Child $4119 but using our QFF points we got it down to $3390 (inc transaction fees) I know we could have probably waited but DH didn't want to miss out on direct flights considering how long we may be in transit :rolleyes: Now just have to get LAX-MCO return which shouldn't be too painful...

Love love love not having to stop over in Sydney:) Saves time and the hassle of changing planes and dealing with an extra airport!

Love love love not having to stop over in Sydney:) Saves time and the hassle of changing planes and dealing with an extra airport!

Yeah, I think we'll appreciate it :goodvibes

Trying to decide how we're going to go with our other flights, have a layover or fly straight through, and which flight to take...

If you have a layover, you can perhaps factor in some DLR time. If you fly straight through, you might save time.

Decisions, decisions. :rotfl:

(May all your decisions be this hard! :goodvibes)

If you have a layover, you can perhaps factor in some DLR time. If you fly straight through, you might save time.

Decisions, decisions. :rotfl:

(May all your decisions be this hard! :goodvibes)

We'll be heading back to DLR at the end so that would definitely be a no-go, we're planning on 10 days in California and our actual itinerary is undecided also.
We're thinking maybe flying into Phoenix or i'd love SanFran (which I haven't mentioned to DH yet ;))

First world problems :rolleyes1 LOL

We'll be heading back to DLR at the end so that would definitely be a no-go, we're planning on 10 days in California and our actual itinerary is undecided also.
We're thinking maybe flying into Phoenix or i'd love SanFran (which I haven't mentioned to DH yet ;))

First world problems :rolleyes1 LOL

Yup. First world problems. :lmao:

Depends on what you want to see. SanFran is the prettier city.

Virgin have some flights for dates in Sep 14 Syd to LAX for $1210. If you'd like a few days stopover in HNL cheapest I can see is $1372 :)

Virgin have some flights for dates in Sep 14 Syd to LAX for $1210. If you'd like a few days stopover in HNL cheapest I can see is $1372 :)

Oh, that's more like it! If I could book Virgin I'd be jumping on that one! (We'll have to fly Qantas since Dad is platinum and DH and I now get all the benefits of being gold FF).

I found booking Virgin through Delta I got my flight a little cheaper plus I could choose my seats without paying any extra fees for it. Airfare was $1050 for this time of year (just arrive in SFC yesterday!).

WA people there are some awesome deals for 2014 PER-LAX with VA and Delta ranging from $1257-$1300 return.
I went with VA and used http://www.mypersonaltravelplanner.com.au/ to book i am on :cloud9: with the prices have never seen ex Perth that cheap and especially not for that time of year :woohoo: our dates are Aug 6 - Sept 21 but the flights were that price from July :)

Is $1829pp syd-lax during school holidays in July with Qantas a reasonable price? My last 4 trips have been sub $1200 out of school holiday times by a few weeks. Not sure if I should wait for the February/march promotions ( when I have purchased before)

Has anyone flown Delta from syd to la? they have good prices at the moment but not sure what they would be like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter