USA Flight Deals

I booked my flights today. YAY party:

I just couldn't wait till the February travel expo. I looked into the Delta flights and they were really good prices but as soon as the travel agent said there is no in-flight entertainment, that made it a big No. There is no way I am travelling with 4 kids and nothing to keep them occupied.

She then told me about a qantas deal that was going so thought I would share -

return flights from syd - la $1398 per adult, which seems alot but then I got $150 credit per person to use against any type of land expenses (eg. accommodation, car hire, disney tickets etc) and also $50 per person credit on a master card, so that brought it down to $1198 which is just $1 more than what we paid for our flights last year that we got at the travel expo and were for air newzealand.

As we wanted a direct flight this time (all that airport waiting was the pits) but thought we would have to go Air New Zealand to get the cheap price.

So now we have our exact travel dates, now its time to book accommodation and finalise the itinerary. :hyper:

I just couldn't wait till the February travel expo. I looked into the Delta flights and they were really good prices but as soon as the travel agent said there is no in-flight entertainment, that made it a big No. There is no way I am travelling with 4 kids and nothing to keep them occupied.

return flights from syd - la $1398 per adult, which seems alot but then I got $150 credit per person to use against any type of land expenses (eg. accommodation, car hire, disney tickets etc) and also $50 per person credit on a master card, so that brought it down to $1198 which is just $1 more than what we paid for our flights last year that we got at the travel expo and were for air newzealand.

As we wanted a direct flight this time (all that airport waiting was the pits) but thought we would have to go Air New Zealand to get the cheap price.

So now we have our exact travel dates, now its time to book accommodation and finalise the itinerary. :hyper:

:woohoo: Great work with the credits!

Delta have complimentary inflight entertainment on international flights. Not sure why your travel agent said they didn't.

We flew Delta OCT 6 LAX to SYD I can assure you we had individual inflight entertainment.
Congrats on booking

We've been to DL twice before and was lucky to get some good flight deals, but have no clue whatsoever what prices I should be paying for flights from SYD -MCO.

At the moment I can get Syd-LA (we need to stop over to break trip up due to DD 9 having mild epilepsy), LA - MCO, MCO - Vegas, then LA - Syd (phew) for $6400 3 adults, 1 child. This seems like a good price to me, but I'm not sure. Travel dates are 3rd Sept - 1st Oct 2014.

I always have a bit of a choke before hitting the "buy now" button when booking flights because it all seems real then!

Also, has anyone booked direct with Delta on their website before? I'm sure they're fine, but, again, I'm a bit of a stresshead when it comes to flight bookings:scared: Dunno why I do it to myself really.

Any advice is appreciated.

Probably FC, trying to upsell to make more commission :eek:

Probably

We have friends leaving in a few weeks on Delta and they have been told also that there will be no inflight entertainment. If it changes to a virgin plane then they will get it but they have been told there is no guarantee that it will happen. They said that when they actually use Delta planes that they are the older ones that do not have it. I am not sure if they just say that to cover all bases in case there is a plane with no inflight entertainment or if its actually true. I find it hard to believe that there would be any flights for long hauls without it these days.

I ended up being happy with my change to qantas and the price I got it for, so in the end it didnt matter.

I'm not sure if this works in Australia, but If you're traveling during a peak period (e.g school holidays) try going to a website such as Expedia and playing around with the multi-destination/stopover option. I found that some airfares become noticeably cheaper once you programme in a stopover (e.g Hawaii, Fiji, or Tahiti).

The layover on the way to LA is a bit of a pain, but as far as I'm concerned, the stopover on the way home is a huge bonus.

My 2014 Hawaiian Airlines flights just cost me NZ$4400 (AU$3600) for 2 adults and 1 child and these flights are within Sep/Oct NZ school holidays. I love Air NZ, but flights with them would have cost me almost $500 more per person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter