Using points at Disneyland Paris

dibriggs

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

When we bought our points last year one of the things that swayed us was the possibility of using them at DLP which we love (usually get there for a short break a couple of times a year).
I've just tried to book our first stay on points and have found it quite frustrating (and rather disappointing).
I tried to e-mail member services a couple of times but was getting nowhere so today I phoned. They told me that the only hotel with availability was the hotel New York - which we didn't want. I checked on the DLP website and phoned the reservations people direct and there is availability in all the hotels at the time we want. Now is it the case that there are only a limited number of rooms available at the hotels for use with DVC points - if so then it really should be made more obvious in the literature. Has anyone else encountered this problem. It's so frustrating to know that there are rooms available but not to be able to book on points!!

Diana

I'm afraid I can't be much help with your situation, but I wanted to say hello.

Being able to use points at DLP was also what swayed us to buy into the DVC, albeit a rather 'expensive' way of using them. We booked to go in December back in July and I had no problems, BUT I wanted to stay at the New York. If you don't mind planning well in advance is probably a good idea to be ready to book as soon as the new point chart comes out so I guess you have to keep an eye on the official website , or better still on this forum because usually someone on it knows something before Disney chooses to tell us!!

I agree that we should be warned that there may be only limited rooms available to DVCers - your post certainly comes as a surprise to me. Perhaps someone else will know more, as it does seems very strange. The only good thing is that the New York does only use up a few more points than Sequioa or Newport Bay if you really want to go. At least the only option available wasn't the Disneyland - that would be quite frightening.:eek:

Intresting - we've a few points left which either need to be banked or I was thinking of using them for Paris in the spring.

The problem is, after going to the Disneyland Hotel twice, you don't want to go anywhere else ;)

Will keep watching ...

David

Yes we wanted to go to the Disneyland Hotel - it's just lovely for a special treat.
Member services told me to ring again today - she was going to ring CRO in Paris to see if they could release any more of their rooms for DVC bookings. I just hadn't realized that just because there are rooms available to the general public it doesn't mean you can book them on points. I wonder what percentage of rooms are available to DVCers.
I'll see what they say today!!

Diana

Very interesting!

This isn't something we'd planned to do with our points, but it will still be interesting to hear what MS say about it, as it would seem the guidebook doesn't explain the booking procedure very fully.

I hope you manage to get the reservation you want :)

We did a last min. booking for Aug 02. We were told the only hotel available for all our nights was the New York. I would rather have saved points and stayed at the Newport bay. We did enjoy the New York and pool area was great. I think the points are reasonable considering you get the passes and breakfast included. The package we went on would have cost about £2000 (2 adults/2 chidren for 7 nights - 240 points), but we just paid £240 for Eurostar. We had the points spare, but 1 wouldn't have done it in favour of WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter