Vacuum for your camper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mh1973

DIS Veteran
For those of you who have carpet in your camper, do you keep a vacuum in your camper and if so what kind? I am thinking maybe something like a stick vacuum but not sure which one to get. Any suggestions?

We being our home Dyson vacuum and a small shop vac if we need to clean up water.

This is the exact vacuum that I have, I bought it at walmart on sale and I like it because it's bagless and it seems to do a really good job and we really need it whenever we go to the beach with all the sand. A stick vacuum didn't work to well for us but we are pigs..:laughing:

0002316912090_500X500.jpg

I've been looking for a stick vac also, but haven't gotten one yet. My carpet is just laid in there so, I just pull it out and shake it out, then vacuum the linoleum when I get home.

One thing I did buy for my outdoor rugs is a small electric blower. That has been great!!!! Blows all the pine needles and little pebbles off the rugs, and also helps blow off the pollen and the early morning dew off the shelters as I pack up

I hate taking up precious storage space with "gadgets", so I use a hand held dust devil with a beater bar. It works well enough to keep things neat during our trips. When I get home, I give the ol' RV a thorough cleaning with my house vac.

Carol- I too have a small electric blower to keep the site itself neat and tidy. Also, on long stays at FtW, I blow the roof of the RV off from time to time cause of all the pine needles and cypress "needles". DH wanted to bring our gas powered blower, but I do not like keeping a gas can in the compartment. The electric works just fine! :thumbsup2

Carol- I too have a small electric blower to keep the site itself neat and tidy. Also, on long stays at FtW, I blow the roof of the RV off from time to time cause of all the pine needles and cypress "needles". DH wanted to bring our gas powered blower, but I do not like keeping a gas can in the compartment. The electric works just fine! :thumbsup2

I got the idea for the blower at my last Fort trip. When I arrived, it looked like the site had been empty for a few days, as it was not freshly blown, and then fighting the "stuff" with just a broom was not fun. So by my next campout, I had the blower.

Dyson:thumbsup2 . I have 3 big long haired inside dog and it does the trick!

I usually sweep the carpet and floor and then vacuum really well when we get home.

I hate taking up precious storage space with "gadgets", so I use a hand held dust devil with a beater bar. It works well enough to keep things neat during our trips. When I get home, I give the ol' RV a thorough cleaning with my house vac.

I also use the hand held dirt devil with the beater bar and it does a fairly good job and like you give it a good vacuuming with the house vac when back and before we leave again. The dirt devil is about the size of a shoe box so it's very compact.

Larry

I have a teeny-tiny shop vac that works wonders.. Granted I have a lot less sapce than most of you, (I have a van) but when you're carrying your house on your back ANY space is at a premium.. 10 feet, or 30 feet.

"Shop-vac Hose Hang-up mini"

We have a small vaccum that we keep in our motorhome all the time. A bagless upright. We also have a little dust buster that came with our motorhome.

We tried several of the stick sweepers and a Dust Buster without any success. We finally bought a Dyson Slim and have been very happy with it since.

i am thinking for a couple hundred bucks we can get a central vac. and install it ourselves. my home vac doesn't fit real good between the bed and the one wall.

new camper/new vac :goodvibes .

Here is a suggestion that doesn't take up much room. We bought a carpet rake from the Stanley Steamer people and use it on the little carpet we have. It works great! We have a small (as seen on tv) battery sweeper and a dust pan. When we get back, we use the steam cleaner we have in the house to thoroughly clean the carpet. I doubted that rake, but I have seen it dig up tremendous amounts of dirt. You can't beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter