Vero Beach 2014 Information & Adoration Thread

Yes. There is a connecting tunnel from the hotel side of the road.

I knew it was there - but in all the times my family has been to Vero we have never gone over there. That will be changing in June! :)

The Treasure Trails are across the street from the resort

There are signs along the trail with some info

So we are going down to the resort in March for our annual Spring Training trip. What we usually do is just follow the Nationals around Florida, making AKV, where we own, our base. This year the Nats are playing two games in the Vero Beach area.

We were able to get one of the nights, but we are waitlisted on a Wednesday night in March for a 1 bedroom.

What are my odds for that coming through? I have a room at AKV that night so I am covered, but I would love to just stay down there and cut down some travel.

Jennifer

So we are going down to the resort in March for our annual Spring Training trip. What we usually do is just follow the Nationals around Florida, making AKV, where we own, our base. This year the Nats are playing two games in the Vero Beach area.

We were able to get one of the nights, but we are waitlisted on a Wednesday night in March for a 1 bedroom.

What are my odds for that coming through? I have a room at AKV that night so I am covered, but I would love to just stay down there and cut down some travel.

Jennifer

We saw the Nationals play in Viera 2 years ago. I know Vero is busy in March, one time our waitlist didnt come through but we were booked in a Inn room so we were still in Vero

Checked into Vero Beach yesterday & fell in love with this resort. The staff is very pleasant and helpful! The grounds are beautiful! Our rooms are perfect (2 studio inn rooms).

We'll be driving from Miami for a two night stay before a cruise in February. Thinking of stopping at the Navy Seal Museum, I think we'd all enjoy it. (Mom, Dad, DS15, DSF16)

The directions seem to call for Florida Turnpike, is that 95???

For the tolls - National will charge us $3.95/day + the cost of tolls - this seems to me the easiest and most convenient way pay the tolls .... Thoughts?

I have read through the thread ... but refresh my memory ... I recall Orchid Pizza is within walking distance from the resort, but is there anything else?

One more question ... is the grocery store north of the resort? Any along A1A from Fort Pierce?

Thank you!!!

OHHH... another question ... any recommendations for an airboat tour? We'd love to spend the day at the beach but February???

We'll be driving from Miami for a two night stay before a cruise in February. Thinking of stopping at the Navy Seal Museum, I think we'd all enjoy it. (Mom, Dad, DS15, DSF16) The directions seem to call for Florida Turnpike, is that 95??? For the tolls - National will charge us $3.95/day + the cost of tolls - this seems to me the easiest and most convenient way pay the tolls .... Thoughts? I have read through the thread ... but refresh my memory ... I recall Orchid Pizza is within walking distance from the resort, but is there anything else? One more question ... is the grocery store north of the resort? Any along A1A from Fort Pierce? Thank you!!! OHHH... another question ... any recommendations for an airboat tour? We'd love to spend the day at the beach but February???

The Florida Tpke and 95 are different roads but over lap in areas
The pizza place and a small store that does breakfast and lunch can be accessed through a gate by the campfire pit from 6 am - 6 pm
I will put up some pictures later today as well as some info on airboat tours

As far as tolls go, we bought a Sunpass transponder and bring it with us on our FL trips. You can buy one in Publix.

I do not recall a regular grocery store on A1A, they are on Route 1. There is an expensive convenience store about 3-4 miles south of the VB resort, between the city of Veto Beach and the resort.

I recall Orchid Pizza is within walking distance from the resort, but is there anything else? One more question ... is the grocery store north of the resort? Any along A1A from Fort Pierce? Thank you!!! OHHH... another question ... any recommendations for an airboat tour? We'd love to spend the day at the beach but February???

We really enjoy their pizza...we usually just get it delivered. They have a pretty big menu.

The deli, penny hill, is great. We like to walk over for sandwiches for lunch. They also have breakfast and hot foods, among lots of other things.

My friend just opened a raw bar in Fort Pierce. Bottoms Up Raw Bar.

We'll be driving from Miami for a two night stay before a cruise in February. Thinking of stopping at the Navy Seal Museum, I think we'd all enjoy it. (Mom, Dad, DS15, DSF16)

The directions seem to call for Florida Turnpike, is that 95???

For the tolls - National will charge us $3.95/day + the cost of tolls - this seems to me the easiest and most convenient way pay the tolls .... Thoughts?

I have read through the thread ... but refresh my memory ... I recall Orchid Pizza is within walking distance from the resort, but is there anything else?

One more question ... is the grocery store north of the resort? Any along A1A from Fort Pierce?

Thank you!!!

OHHH... another question ... any recommendations for an airboat tour? We'd love to spend the day at the beach but February???

Marsh Beast Airboat Tours is in Vero Beach There # is 772-584-0089 or marshbeastairboattours.com

You can use the gate just past the campfire pit between the hours of 6am-6pm to access Wabasso Beach Park and Orchid Island Pizza and Penny Hill Beach Emporium

parking area of Wabasso Beach Park

there is a covered pavillion just through the gate

Checking in on Saturday.......CANNOT wait! Any advice for a first timer there? Thanks in advance! ( Hopefully the weather forecast gets better) but Im still soooooo excited to finally be getting there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter