Vero Beach 2014 Information & Adoration Thread

Checking in on Saturday.......CANNOT wait! Any advice for a first timer there? Thanks in advance! ( Hopefully the weather forecast gets better) but Im still soooooo excited to finally be getting there!

I was there last week and the weather for our three night stay was beautiful! I hope the same for you! I do recall the staff telling me not to worry about the weather because forecast can call for rain and rain in the area but may miss the resort area... Sebastian was getting nailed with storms, Orlando area had Tornado warnings... We were on the beach enjoying 80 degree weather.

We are at a local Deli... Dagwoods. The portions are large and really good quality. The restaurant is not appealing but don't let this hold you back. The owner was very nice and cooks all his own meats. Friday's He cooks a Prime Rib to use as "deli" meats.

Yes this was taken from the Treasure Trails, its a really nice area.

Don't get me wrong, I love love love Vero. Here right now in fact as we come every year for Thanksgiving...it's our family tradition and my kids wouldn't have it any other way.

But the Treasure Trail is pretty gross (just my opinion!). My kids call it Ghetto Disney because it is just run down and falling apart. Yes, I get that it is supposed to be natural and rustic and all of that...but it really is just in need of TLC.

Don't get me wrong, I love love love Vero. Here right now in fact as we come every year for Thanksgiving...it's our family tradition and my kids wouldn't have it any other way. But the Treasure Trail is pretty gross (just my opinion!). My kids call it Ghetto Disney because it is just run down and falling apart. Yes, I get that it is supposed to be natural and rustic and all of that...but it really is just in need of TLC.

How is it? We will be down for the first time this Wed. Thru Saturday. Is it very busy? How is the thanksgiving buffet?

How is it? We will be down for the first time this Wed. Thru Saturday. Is it very busy? How is the thanksgiving buffet?

It has been gorgeous yesterday and today (picture perfect today with a high of 86). BUT...the forecast is not great for the next few days. However, the one thing you will learn is that it is nearly impossible to get an accurate forecast for this area. The forecast for "Vero Beach" may be raining, and indeed, it might be raining a mile and a half from the resort area, but the resort is sunny and warm. Or vice versa.

The resort is at capacity and will be all the way through the holiday weekend. We find that it doesn't necessarily make a difference, other than if you want pool chairs in the sun. You will need to get to the pool early if you want specific chairs.

Thanksgiving buffet...this has been our Thanksgiving for the last 5 years. The first year, it was OUTSTANDING. Since then, it is "very good." Mind you, it is still VERY good. Just not the quality it once was. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Oh--and the ocean is COLD. It is fine for us as we are from Maine and used to it, but it is likely too cold for most.

We are in the process of buying here... per Trip Advisor some of the furnishings/rooms are dated, in need of rehab. Any information on that? Thank-you.

We are in the process of buying here... per Trip Advisor some of the furnishings/rooms are dated, in need of rehab. Any information on that? Thank-you.

We were there in slate October of this year. We asked to see the Cottages and 2bedroom villas for a return trip. I the tour our CM told us that the entire resort were going to be renovated in 2015. The decor if the rooms now are the same as old key west prior to the renovation there. Keep in mind with VB points are low cost, but dues are much higher than the rest of DVC.

Today we received a letter from stating the beach will be closed during our February 2015 dates for renourishment.

Can anyone tell me any info about the actual dates and if there is any change it would be complete by February 12 and where can I find out what other beaches in the area are affected?

Seriously considering cancelling. Can't see using 90ish points for two nights at a beach resort with no beach.

The renourishment will restrict beach access, there may be construction noise and workers.

Today we received a letter from stating the beach will be closed during our February 2015 dates for renourishment. Can anyone tell me any info about the actual dates and if there is any change it would be complete by February 12 and where can I find out what other beaches in the area are affected? Seriously considering cancelling. Can't see using 90ish points for two nights at a beach resort with no beach. The renourishment will restrict beach access, there may be construction noise and workers.
There is a dune stabilization project that was to start north of the resort in November and will finish south of the resort by April 30th. It's tough to say exactly where they will be by Feb 12 but the resort is right around the middle of the project. Was anyone there during the last reconstruction project that might have a better answer as to what to expect?

Thanks for your reply,

Do you for which towns project is planned? I would see what else is in the area but not affected.

Thanks RSHEALAND that was exactly what I was looking for. Fascinating to read about the erosion, I was unaware Sandy wrecked havoc in Florida too.

Maybe they'll be North or South of the resort mid-February, you've provided the info I need to keep track of the progress and make a decision.

Is there a Car Rental company near Vero Beach?
I have googled and searched but have only found companys 20 min away

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter