• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Victoria & Alberts Engagement

Networth

DIS Veteran
Hey all,

I have reservations at V&A's on Dec 15th at 9:00pm. I am proposing to my girlfriend. I spoke to V&A and the offered to help with the proposal by bringing out the ring on a silver plater with certain decorations(some for a up charge). I am just wondering do you think should pop the question in V&A's during dinner, or do it before dinner on the beach at poly/GF/wedding pavilion.

I can't decide and I see pro's and con's to both. Any thoughts?

It depends on her is she more of a private person or a public person. Will she feel like she HAS to say yes if you do it in a restaurant with others around, or is that a non issue. .... On the beach is more of a private moment and at the restaurant is public.

I would probably do the mini photo session the grand floridian offers, but have the photographer be in hiding and do it on the beach. That way you will get some awesome pics that last a life time and not be doing it in front of a bunch of strangers (unless she likes that kind of thing).

I strongly suggest having the photographers there. I wish that I had pictures of my engagement, but my husband didn't think of it. I have seen some of the pictures that were taken during Disney engagements and I think they're just wonderful.

Good for you on the planning and whatnot! A good engagement story is the best.

It's my understanding that V&A is already pretty private - you're not proposing in an IHOP or anything!

I would think it would be a great surprise to have them come out with what appears to be the dessert course and instead it be a ring!

However, if you think there's any real chance she might say no or might say she needs to think it through, you may want to do it somewhere more private so that she's not pressured or you're not embarrassed. You probably have a pretty good idea what she's going to say, so choose accordingly!

Yeah, I know she is going to say yes. So I am not to worried about that. I would like to just propose at V&A's and have the harpist, photographer etc right there. The only thing holding me back is wanting to enjoy the meal lol. But if I did it outside I would have no photo's, music, etc so.

I proposed to my wife at Citrico's at the Grand Floridian. They brought our entree's out with domes on them so as not to have her plate stand out. When they took the lid off, the ring was sitting in the center of a rose on the plate. It was a very special evening. My only recommendation is to have them bring the ring out for dessert because my wife barely touched her entree when they brought it out after.

Enjoy and congrats!

Congratulations!!! If you are going to one of the parks the next day make sure you both get the, "Just Engaged" pin!!!

Well ... I'm strange and would dislike going to v&a lol, picky eater. I don't know, i think it's a romantic just about the two of you thing, so maybe on the beach.....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

V&As all the way! I love that place. I would have loved to have gotten engaged there with the photographers and music, ring coming out on rose under dome......ahhhhhh so romantic and magical. Nobody does this better than Disney and they will give you so much assistance there than at the beach.

You know her best so do what you think will give her the happiest memories. Congrats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter