• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Victoria and Alberts Recent Trip

Victoriapeluso

Mouseketeer
I just want to report that I went with my Chef husband and best friend the first week of December and we all cried happy tears. We got the wine pairing and all the extras and would happily do it again and again till my bank account was empty!

It's worth the hype.
Its worth the price.
It was unforgettable!

Cant wait for my next trip in November for my birthday!

I just want to report that I went with my Chef husband and best friend the first week of December and we all cried happy tears. We got the wine pairing and all the extras and would happily do it again and again till my bank account was empty!

It's worth the hype.
Its worth the price.
It was unforgettable!

Cant wait for my next trip in November for my birthday!
We've always had a perfect experience at V&A and I'm still on the prowl to land a chef's table reservation.
However, as much as I love V&A, the % price jump on the menu is ridiculous given the menu and they have no business being priced against or above the 3 Michelin star restaurants throughout the nation.

Victoria & Alberts' 10-course is $375
Guy Savoy's 13-course is $348
Per Se's 9-course is $355

^This is ridiculous.

We've always had a perfect experience at V&A and I'm still on the prowl to land a chef's table reservation.
However, as much as I love V&A, the % price jump on the menu is ridiculous given the menu and they have no business being priced against or above the 3 Michelin star restaurants throughout the nation.

^This is ridiculous.

Who is to say Victoria and Albert's won't get their own set of stars once a Michelin representative finally gets to evaluate them? Remember, when the first set of stars were awarded to Orlando, this restaurant was still closed.

There's also what I call the "Disney markup". Things are more expensive just because they know that they can get away with it. When a restaurant stays fully booked night after night after night, why lower the prices?

Who is to say Victoria and Albert's won't get their own set of stars once a Michelin representative finally gets to evaluate them? Remember, when the first set of stars were awarded to Orlando, this restaurant was still closed.

There's also what I call the "Disney markup". Things are more expensive just because they know that they can get away with it. When a restaurant stays fully booked night after night after night, why lower the prices?
I'm not basing it off of a mere accolade, I've been to the above and several others throughout the nation and while it's hard to imagine V&A being inferior in ways, they are to many of the 3* restaurants. Which is what most of the dining reviews from actual food critics and restaurant columnists have generally aligned with in their comparisons to their V&A experience & many 3* locations.

I agree generally and I'll never be the one to bemoan capitalism - if the masses are willing to keep paying, then a business should keep raising. However, when you're in a specific niche such as dining and hospitality, it's odd to price yourself much higher than established powerhouses whom outperform you and you fall into the 'cash grab' category.

Two questions about this restaurant. How hard was it for you to get a reservation? I’ve been checking and every night is booked.
I like trying new foods and I’m not a picky eater by any means but is this food too fancy where only a certain kind of person can appreciate it?

Two questions about this restaurant. How hard was it for you to get a reservation? I’ve been checking and every night is booked.
I like trying new foods and I’m not a picky eater by any means but is this food too fancy where only a certain kind of person can appreciate it?
Reservations are difficult to get, but not impossible if you're persistent. I actually just snagged one this morning for next Thursday! The key is to start really looking about 10 days before your arrival. We were told by the restaurant that's when the most cancellations start happening. You can call them to be placed on the waitlist, but you'll probably have more luck searching on your own in the week or so leading up to your trip.

Reservations are difficult to get, but not impossible if you're persistent. I actually just snagged one this morning for next Thursday! The key is to start really looking about 10 days before your arrival. We were told by the restaurant that's when the most cancellations start happening. You can call them to be placed on the waitlist, but you'll probably have more luck searching on your own in the week or so leading up to your trip.
I also noticed that reservations pop up around the cancellation window which I believe is 5-days.

is this food too fancy where only a certain kind of person can appreciate it?

Everyone is different, and I think it was worth doing once, but ultimately this was my experience. The food was good, but for the same money, I would get more enjoyment out of hitting Shula/bluezoo/Jiko on three consecutive nights (sub in your favorite signatures). I guess I just don't have the palate to detect what's so special about 100-year-old balsamic vinegar!

It's worth the hype.
Its worth the price.
It was unforgettable!
Delighted to learn that our mutual fave :) was as wonderful as ever.

We can't wait to go back!

I'm just hoping I'll like the new color scheme better when I see it myself than I do watching videos. All that white-n-brite doesn't suggest the Victorian Era much at all for me.

I just scored a reservation for one on Saturday 1/14. I'm super excited. Although this trip somehow went from no reservations I'll just wing it to ALL the foodie experiences quick (Omakase @ Morimoto, Monsieur Paul, Takumi-Tei and now V&A).

I just scored a reservation for one on Saturday 1/14. I'm super excited. Although this trip somehow went from no reservations I'll just wing it to ALL the foodie experiences quick (Omakase @ Morimoto, Monsieur Paul, Takumi-Tei and now V&A).
Make sure to report back on your experiences! Have fun

^This is ridiculous.

Per Se is $390 right now.

I personally think V&A is better than the 2 star Michelin restaurant I went to in Europe. I been once since they reopened and actually lucked into a reservation for my February trip. Not sure if it was dropped or just hadn’t been booked yet. But my 60 day window had passed before I decided to book this trip

Not sure what you mean by this, but no, it's not. V&A is unrated.

I am posting my opinion that V&A is a solid 2 star restaurant - when the next Orlando Michelin guide is published. I love V&A, but don't think they will get 3 stars, but do think that is possible in a few years.

Of course, they were not open when Michelin published their first Florida book. I have been to many Michelin star restaurants in the USA and believe V&A is better than a 1 star, but not quite at a 3 star level yet.

^This is ridiculous.

I have been to all of those restaurants and even the French Laundry, multiple Joel Roubuchon locations, le cirque, madison park ave, and a bunch of Michelin stars in Chicago and feel the price of V&A is correct. However, in the past (pre-covid) it was an unreal cheap bargain. In fact, I will state V&A is superior to the French Laundry in many aspects, but also falls short on some aspects.

I do believe, with time, V&A will first earn 2-stars and then finally 3-stars as for all practical purposes, it has only been open for 5 months and is still evolving.

I have been to all of those restaurants and even the French Laundry, multiple Joel Roubuchon locations, le cirque, madison park ave, and a bunch of Michelin stars in Chicago and feel the price of V&A is correct. However, in the past (pre-covid) it was an unreal cheap bargain. In fact, I will state V&A is superior to the French Laundry in many aspects, but also falls short on some aspects.

I do believe, with time, V&A will first earn 2-stars and then finally 3-stars as for all practical purposes, it has only been open for 5 months and is still evolving.
“Madison park ave” — lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter