VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge, a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maria, The Wave breakfast was very good, we got the buffet but it was very fresh, great choices,good fruit, cheese grits, banana bread muffin, sweet potato pancakes, mickey waffles

I like the FP system, it allows late park goers like me the chance to ride Toy Story!

That's good to hear JT. :goodvibes As with everything new, I keep hearing really mixed reviews. :confused:

We used to be rope drop people and would commando tour the parks all morning. But now that we have our DVC, I really have started trying to have more laid back and relaxing vacations.

I hope that the new system will work to our advantage and kind of 'force' us to be less obsessed with getting on as many rides as we can. Hopefully it will make me stop and smell the roses more. :wizard:

Maria, The Wave breakfast was very good, we got the buffet but it was very fresh, great choices,good fruit, cheese grits, banana bread muffin, sweet potato pancakes, mickey waffles

Sounds like my kinda place---thanks for reporting back :thumbsup2

rusafee1183...thank you very much for the prayers! Means so much to me :grouphug:

rfassett....thoughts, prayers and hugs. So sorry for your loss. Homer sounded like a wonderful man :hug:

Great group you all are in case I haven't said so lately :goodvibes

I saw this AM that the refurb at VWL of hard goods will be done at the end of March. I remember someone asking back a few posts about this.

Headed to The Wave for breakfast in a few then to see the Braves-Tigers spring opener(GO BRAVES)then later to HS, eat at Mama Melrose and do a few FPs. I like the FP system, it allows late park goers like me the chance to ride Toy Story!

Strange - I thought there was something else posted here earlier.... :scratchin

Having the abilityt to get late FP's for Toy Story and Soarin' without being in the park at rope drop are the best parts about the new FP system. :thumbsup2

Strange - I thought there was something else posted here earlier.... :scratchin

Having the abilityt to get late FP's for Toy Story and Soarin' without being in the park at rope drop are the best parts about the new FP system. :thumbsup2

There was Kathy:goodvibes I tried quoting your post and the pic didnt show so I thought that is going to make no sense without it, my reply that is

But Tammys pins are impressive, I do have to say, the pin trading has caused us to slow down even more, but we have met some really cool CMs because of it. A young lady who was interning was from our town, turns out we know her dad, and she told Tammy that it made her feel so great to see somebody from home, being she was little homesick.

Met a 80s something CM tonight at GF from Mt. Airy who knew Andy Griffith growing up, talked about him as a boy, teen and young man, and had very high regards for him. All because of pin trading. So Im adapting:thumbsup2

I saw this AM that the refurb at VWL of hard goods will be done at the end of March. I remember someone asking back a few posts about this.

I've seen some posts that the refurb going on right now at VWL is very noisy and with a fair amount of inconvenience to guests. Like the water is yellow out of the taps and you have to let it run until it becomes clear? :faint:

Sounds like a pretty big overhaul. I guess that's a good thing in the long run, though 15 years doesn't seem like all that old to be doing a complete makeover like they are doing. :confused3

Maria...so sorry to hear of your loss, and the heartache you are experiencing. I think the wedding will be one of those "circle of life" moments for you as remember your uncle and set your daughter on her way to a new life. A very emotional time, to be sure. My prayers are with you and your family.

Thank you so much Granny!!!

I have a bit of an uncomfortable thing to do. My uncle John and his wife were scheduled to check in to VWL on April 2. Just saying that makes me so sad. But, now I don't know if his wife will want to come to the wedding. I COMPLETELY understand if she does not. It will be only 6 weeks since his passing at the wedding. I believe I have to cancel the room with DVC by Mar 1 (Saturday) or forfeit the 3 nights? I hate to be insensitive. Not sure what to do. I sent her a card/flowers and a note telling her we understand if she can't make it but we would love to have her there. I'm not sure she will emotionally be up to giving me an answer by Saturday. That is only 1 week since my uncle's passing.

I even feel like a creep talking about losing the points on the room at a time like this :(
Sorry for letting this out. I may just forfeit because I haven't the heart to ask her.

Maria, you are among friends. We would be thinking about the same thing.

Can you call member services and explain the situation to them? They may have a suggestion for you.

Can you call member services and explain the situation to them? They may have a suggestion for you.

I think I will tomorrow---thanks for making me feel not-so-bad. Because I feel awful for even thinking this way. But thanks for understanding Muushka!

There was Kathy:goodvibes I tried quoting your post and the pic didnt show so I thought that is going to make no sense without it, my reply that is

But Tammys pins are impressive, I do have to say, the pin trading has caused us to slow down even more, but we have met some really cool CMs because of it. A young lady who was interning was from our town, turns out we know her dad, and she told Tammy that it made her feel so great to see somebody from home, being she was little homesick.

Met a 80s something CM tonight at GF from Mt. Airy who knew Andy Griffith growing up, talked about him as a boy, teen and young man, and had very high regards for him. All because of pin trading. So Im adapting:thumbsup2

Glad to hear I wasn't imagining it! I think pin trading would be fun. I've always liked the special ones we've gotten when doing tours or a DVC event etc and have also bought a couple others but haven't attempted getting into trading. I'm afraid since we fly we'd be paying for overweight baggage if I ever had. :laughing: And how fun making those contacts! It really is a small world to meet that young lady and I loved Andy Griffith and would have enjoyed hearing the stories.

Speaking of 80 something's - I'm heading to MN tomorrow for a VERY short trip. Our 88 yo employee that has been at the company for 59 years has been told by her Dr that she needs to cut back on what she's doing so it's time for full retirement. Apparently this will give her more time to shovel her driveway which she has still been doing this winter of the polar vortex. :eek: If I make it to her age I hope I can have at least 1/2 of her energy but I'm not certain I even have that now. :goodvibes It's very very cold there and they have a blizzard going on. Ruthie's retirement is one of the very very few things that would get me there now. Can't forget all the hats and gloves and warm socks!

Thank you so much Granny!!!

I have a bit of an uncomfortable thing to do. My uncle John and his wife were scheduled to check in to VWL on April 2. Just saying that makes me so sad. But, now I don't know if his wife will want to come to the wedding. I COMPLETELY understand if she does not. It will be only 6 weeks since his passing at the wedding. I believe I have to cancel the room with DVC by Mar 1 (Saturday) or forfeit the 3 nights? I hate to be insensitive. Not sure what to do. I sent her a card/flowers and a note telling her we understand if she can't make it but we would love to have her there. I'm not sure she will emotionally be up to giving me an answer by Saturday. That is only 1 week since my uncle's passing.

I even feel like a creep talking about losing the points on the room at a time like this :(
Sorry for letting this out. I may just forfeit because I haven't the heart to ask her.

I don't think it's bad to check in with her and I'm sure she's used to making quite a few decisions at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if she still did want to come and share the happy moment with family. There probably will be some sad moments since it was planned with your Uncle but it can be very healing to be with ones you love.

If she's not certain would it maybe be safer to try and rent a room thru CRO that can be cancelled much closer to the stay? And you could later rent out the points from the studio to offset the cost if she does come? Holding points can also be rented out if it seemed like she might want to come but later cancelled. :hug:

It's a quite normal thought, Maria, and Muushka has a great suggestion. Life is like that: while sadness exists around us so does joy, and they must co-exist. Our very choice to embrace life in difficult situations shows we have souls. May you all be blessed during this time.

Just to let everyone know, Yesterday afternoon my mom was at work and she tripped & fell, she broke her Left Leg and broke her Right Arm. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Oh no! Definitely prayers for your mom. :hug:

Writers Stop PB Cookie and Carrot Cake CookieTearsa said this poison apple was really good, I will take her word for it:stir:Jalapeno Cheese Pretzel, one of our fave snacksThis waiter keep messing with Casey, poking his head with a stick at 50sBelieve it or not, we have done more than eat, but we just find it hard to resist our favorites, then we read or hear about some thing we had never tried before, whammo, got to get that too. But we are walking about 5-8 miles a day so we are working it off(we will go with that):crazy2:

Mmmmmmm carrot cake cookie. Love those! :lovestruc I heard a rumor Writers Stop may be the new Starbucks location. I really hope that's not true. It's a hidden gem but hey they got rid of the Main Street Bakery so why not Writers Stop too. :mad: We've never been to 50s Prime Time. We may try it in Dec.

I love FP+ for TSM. We never went to DHS in the mornings in Dec. We made FP+ reservations for late in the day so we could do Osborne Lights & TSM at the same time. That would not have been possible with the old paper tickets. FP+ is good for something! :rotfl:

Horselover I hope Writers Stop is not the next Starbucks victim, we really like that place, but as you say, Main St Bakery was a staple, look what happened to it:confused3

Maria, I lean towards Muushka's call as well. We have had a couple circumstances that caused us to re-group and had to juggle pts. If you can get your guide on the phone, they tend to be helpful when these occasions arise.

:cool1: I haven't posted here in over a month but just wanted to come back to say we just passed ROFR and are now in the closing process on our first DVC at VWL! Can I say we are beyond excited?!

Believe it or not, our first DVC stay will be our first ever WDW resort stay! We have gone to Disney almost every year for the last 6 years but have always stayed offsite due to cost. But every time we go I have wished we were staying with the Mouse :)

Hope to have everything closed and set up in time to make a trip down in June. I realize we may not get VWL and may even have to resort hop, but it would be a fun adventure.

:cool1: I haven't posted here in over a month but just wanted to come back to say we just passed ROFR and are now in the closing process on our first DVC at VWL! Can I say we are beyond excited?!

Believe it or not, our first DVC stay will be our first ever WDW resort stay! We have gone to Disney almost every year for the last 6 years but have always stayed offsite due to cost. But every time we go I have wished we were staying with the Mouse :)

Hope to have everything closed and set up in time to make a trip down in June. I realize we may not get VWL and may even have to resort hop, but it would be a fun adventure.

Cool, Welcome Home!!:goodvibes

Doing Behind The Seeds Tour at 11:15, FP on Soarin, then head to over to the Studios to take in a few things before Mama Melrose dinner. Casey and me going horseback riding Fri. AM then MK for a few hrs before we head to Braves game.

Yesterday we went to see the Braves, dodging many raindrops, but had fun! I would post pics but none have uploaded to photobucket from our phones, so hope I will have some later tonight.

Congratulations! Though you may not get VWL this first trip, you're correct in assuming you'll enjoy any place you get. We've also resort-hopped and had a great time doing it. Again, congrats and Welcome Home! :thumbsup2

Doing Behind The Seeds Tour at 11:15, FP on Soarin, then head to over to the Studios to take in a few things before Mama Melrose dinner. Casey and me going horseback riding Fri. AM then MK for a few hrs before we head to Braves game.

Yesterday we went to see the Braves, dodging many raindrops, but had fun! I would post pics but none have uploaded to photobucket from our phones, so hope I will have some later tonight.
I always roll my eyes when I see TV shows, commercials, or a movie when wi-fi or the internet works blazingly fast and perfectly. Yeah, right. . .

I know I'm early, but...

Happy Birthday Muush!!! :cool1:

I am heading out on a silent retreat (no computers, no cell phones :ssst: ) in a few minutes that will last all weekend, but I couldn't head out without wishing Barb a wonderful birthday!!

You are such a great Groupie Mom....and of course you always know that we are ready to celebrate with you!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I can promise you that you will all be in my prayers, and I'll have plenty of time for that! :)

:littleangel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter