VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge, a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much Granny!!!

I have a bit of an uncomfortable thing to do. My uncle John and his wife were scheduled to check in to VWL on April 2. Just saying that makes me so sad. But, now I don't know if his wife will want to come to the wedding. I COMPLETELY understand if she does not. It will be only 6 weeks since his passing at the wedding. I believe I have to cancel the room with DVC by Mar 1 (Saturday) or forfeit the 3 nights? I hate to be insensitive. Not sure what to do. I sent her a card/flowers and a note telling her we understand if she can't make it but we would love to have her there. I'm not sure she will emotionally be up to giving me an answer by Saturday. That is only 1 week since my uncle's passing.

I even feel like a creep talking about losing the points on the room at a time like this :(
Sorry for letting this out. I may just forfeit because I haven't the heart to ask her.

So sorry you have to think about this Maria, I know that must be so awkward and uncomfortable :hug: I totally agree with what everyone has said, it's completely understandable that you're questioning this. We would all be in the same position.

I hope it goes well for you, and she is able to make it to the wedding, but if not hopefully DVC will be understanding and be able to figure something out for you. Did you speak with anyone today?

:cool1: I haven't posted here in over a month but just wanted to come back to say we just passed ROFR and are now in the closing process on our first DVC at VWL! Can I say we are beyond excited?!

Believe it or not, our first DVC stay will be our first ever WDW resort stay! We have gone to Disney almost every year for the last 6 years but have always stayed offsite due to cost. But every time we go I have wished we were staying with the Mouse :)

Hope to have everything closed and set up in time to make a trip down in June. I realize we may not get VWL and may even have to resort hop, but it would be a fun adventure.

YAY!! Congratulations!! We just bought our VWL contract about 6 months ago, and we couldn't be happier. You'll be so happy staying on property from now on :cool1:

Random excitement of the night....

I was pulling out my ammo from when we took the loan out for our VWL contract to see what we owe on the loan. We are paying off the balance with our tax return and moving some money around. It's a high interest rate, and I just want that payment gone. Anyway, stapled inside of our closing documents was a check for $474.08! :cool1: Apparently, we overpaid at closing and they issued a refund check! I'm so pumped!!

Bad news, it's 6 months old so it is definitely voided. :worried: But, when I call them tomorrow to let them know we'll be paying off the loan I will ask if they can re-issue it. WOOOOOOHOOOOOO! I am so excited about this! I feel like the luckiest person ever! pixiedust:

We need to start a new thread pretty quick. What say you???:goodvibes

Anyone notice the price hike for tickets?
Oye. I just ordered (2) 10 day non exp PH with 10 plusses.

Saved $70 or so per ticket over new price. But dang, those tickets were a chunk of change!:scared1:

We do best with those tickets. We don't go into the parks like we used to.:rolleyes:

Random excitement of the night....

I was pulling out my ammo from when we took the loan out for our VWL contract to see what we owe on the loan. We are paying off the balance with our tax return and moving some money around. It's a high interest rate, and I just want that payment gone. Anyway, stapled inside of our closing documents was a check for $474.08! :cool1: Apparently, we overpaid at closing and they issued a refund check! I'm so pumped!!

Bad news, it's 6 months old so it is definitely voided. :worried: But, when I call them tomorrow to let them know we'll be paying off the loan I will ask if they can re-issue it. WOOOOOOHOOOOOO! I am so excited about this! I feel like the luckiest person ever! pixiedust:

Sorry, I missed this. WooHoo! Pixie dust for re-issuing the check.pixiedust:
And congrats on the payoff!pixiedust:

I've seen some posts that the refurb going on right now at VWL is very noisy and with a fair amount of inconvenience to guests. Like the water is yellow out of the taps and you have to let it run until it becomes clear? :faint:

Sounds like a pretty big overhaul. I guess that's a good thing in the long run, though 15 years doesn't seem like all that old to be doing a complete makeover like they are doing. :confused3

We just got back last night from our 9 night/ no parks stay. Yes, the refurb was ongoing the whole week. We did not get a newly refurbished room, but were happy with our room. Since we pretty much just stayed in the villas/pool area most of the trip, I can confirm that there was noise during the day. The water wasn't an issue, they made sure we knew of any disruptions and instructions that there may be discoloration to the water. If it occurred to let the water run until clear. This only happened one day of the 10 we were there. There was also notification of a power outage which didn't affect us. I can see how some may have been very put off by the refurbishment going on, but for us, knowing it's all for the betterment of the resort, we looked past it and enjoyed the quiet evenings!
We had such an amazing time, can't wait to go back!

We just got back last night from our 9 night/ no parks stay. Yes, the refurb was ongoing the whole week. We did not get a newly refurbished room, but were happy with our room. Since we pretty much just stayed in the villas/pool area most of the trip, I can confirm that there was noise during the day. The water wasn't an issue, they made sure we knew of any disruptions and instructions that there may be discoloration to the water. If it occurred to let the water run until clear. This only happened one day of the 10 we were there. There was also notification of a power outage which didn't affect us. I can see how some may have been very put off by the refurbishment going on, but for us, knowing it's all for the betterment of the resort, we looked past it and enjoyed the quiet evenings!
We had such an amazing time, can't wait to go back!

I just got back from VWL as well - my first visit but sure won't be my last. It was absolutely gorgeous!!!!

We were on the 5th floor in a newly refurbished room. Tomorrow, I will post some pictures, if I can remember my photobucket password. *blush*

We did hear a lot of construction going on - perhaps working on the roof? And the water was turned off one day, then came back in spurts later that evening.

I have reservations for November -- my first Wine & Dine Half Marathon. Counting the days until I go back...

Oh, and as a lurker, I just love this group - y'all are so wonderfully supportive of one another.

I just got back from VWL as well - my first visit but sure won't be my last. It was absolutely gorgeous!!!!

We were on the 5th floor in a newly refurbished room. Tomorrow, I will post some pictures, if I can remember my photobucket password. *blush*

We did hear a lot of construction going on - perhaps working on the roof? And the water was turned off one day, then came back in spurts later that evening.

I have reservations for November -- my first Wine & Dine Half Marathon. Counting the days until I go back...

Oh, and as a lurker, I just love this group - y'all are so wonderfully supportive of one another.
You're no longer officially a lurker seeing as you posted. :laughing: We look forward to the pics. . .we love pics!

DVCTigger: So glad you had a wonderful trip. We are anxious to get back to the Lodge, but it seems 2015 will be the next time we can go there.

rusafee: Wow, I sure hope they honor that refund (I suspect they will). That's always a great feeling on those (rare) occasions when money pops up unexpectedly.

Finally,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MUUSHKA!!

Hey folks!!

As I mentioned a few weeks back, at the requests of the moderators, we are needing to make a switch to a new thread. As most of you know, twokats had an accident this week, and she and I had plans to launch the new thread. I havent been able to contact Kathy, and I hope there isnt more there going on beyond what we know that her DD princesskat shared. In other words, hurry back Kathy, and prayers that you continue to heal:goodvibes

So, sleepydog25 had volunteered his services a few weeks ago just shortly after twokats had said she would take it. At this point, we are getting close to the 250 pg mark, and it can get there quick on weekends. So sleepydog25 will be launching the new thread Sun. AM and I will follow up with the Bdays and Anniversaries pages in co-ordination with him.

Lets all join in and help this group continue to be a place of fun and support as Patrick takes it on

Hey folks!!

As I mentioned a few weeks back, at the requests of the moderators, we are needing to make a switch to a new thread. As most of you know, twokats had an accident this week, and she and I had plans to launch the new thread. I havent been able to contact Kathy, and I hope there isnt more there going on beyond what we know that her DD princesskat shared. In other words, hurry back Kathy, and prayers that you continue to heal:goodvibes

So, sleepydog25 had volunteered his services a few weeks ago just shortly after twokats had said she would take it. At this point, we are getting close to the 250 pg mark, and it can get there quick on weekends. So sleepydog25 will be launching the new thread Sun. AM and I will follow up with the Bdays and Anniversaries pages in co-ordination with him.

Lets all join in and help this group continue to be a place of fun and support as Patrick takes it on
You know I will do my part to support the efforts of slee. . .WAIT. . .that's me! Ruh-roh. . .:scared1:

Thanks for the pics, debbieandroo--they're wonderful! :thumbsup2

I gotta admit, after seeing your pics, I'm a little less worried about their overall color palette. While I'm still not a fan of the lighter-shaded cabinets, at least they left darker squares in the tile, and the stainless steel appliances look snazzy. The overall effect I see from your pictures makes me less apprehensive now. And, yes, those are adorable pillows. I suspect a few will find their way to other locations along the way, though I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks again!

Loving the pictures debbieandroo!!

Casey and I went horseback riding this AM, then we all ate breakfast at Kona, then MK, back at room, now headed out to Braves game! Been a fun day!!

If not too late will try to post one more time before we hit the road to NC in the AM.

Got to say, all in all, really liked our stay BLT:thumbsup2

WOW, lots of exciting things happening on our thread!

WELCOME debbieandroo! Nice to see your pics of the newly renovated room! Love the pillows, too.

What - Heather - you say you found a check of considerable size? WONDERFUL! I love finding $ in a coat pocket. Mine is usually 5 bucks :confused3

YEA!:yay: Sleepy/Sly is going to help JT manage our thread. Many thanks for your most kind generosity of your time and talents to assist JT! I'll look for our new home Sunday.

DVCTigger so glad to have you back! Thanks for your report.

I think I'm a page behind....
Maria, Hugs. With your uncle's passings, things are difficult enough without the added pressure of what to do about booked rooms for your daughter's wedding. Are any relatives staying in a 2-bedroom that could potentially accommodate your Aunt?

And saving the most important for last.....

Happy Birthday Muushka!

Kathy, we all miss you and hope that you can rest comfortably while your body heals from your recent fall. Come and join us when you can! :wave2: Hi Kati!

Debbieandroo.....thanks for the photos. Those Bambi pillows are awesome. Wonder how many of those will go missing??!!!

UPDATE on my room situation. Instead of cancelling the room, my husband and I have decided to give it to my cousin who is flying in for the wedding from Illinois. He was very thankful and I can't wait for him to see our beloved VWL :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter