VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge, a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im so sorry, I havent been posting pics the last few days, our photobucket isnt allowing our recent pics in so we need to get it fixed. If the new ones pop up in the next few days I will try to randomly upload.

As I sit here drinking my coffee, I look back over the past 2 weeks and its a blur, a good one mind you, but a blur all the same. We did so much, yet didnt cover the parks fully, IMO. What I mean is we didnt do all thats possible, never made into Country Bears, Am Idol or Ellens Energy Adv.(along with a lot of other attractions). But its OK, because we know we are coming back:goodvibes

We are going to eat breakfast at The Wave before we hit the road. Very good buffet if you have never been there before. T will get in a little more pin trading in the shops, then we pack and the worst part of the trip happens...we have to leave:mad:

We were commenting yesterday how 2 weeks int enough, but I imagine the folks who stay at the campground for 3 mos feel the same way too.

Had a great time with friends who live here, met folks from back home who are CMs(that came by pin trading)which is cool. So not being so focused on the in your face stuff has led us down a wonderfully different approach to seeing WDW, sort of made it new again, and I love that feeling:thumbsup2

Maria
That sounds like a great idea, sharing with family where your passion lies is a wonderful thing:goodvibes

Im so sorry, I havent been posting pics the last few days, our photobucket isnt allowing our recent pics in so we need to get it fixed. If the new ones pop up in the next few days I will try to randomly upload.

As I sit here drinking my coffee, I look back over the past 2 weeks and its a blur, a good one mind you, but a blur all the same. We did so much, yet didnt cover the parks fully, IMO. What I mean is we didnt do all thats possible, never made into Country Bears, Am Idol or Ellens Energy Adv.(along with a lot of other attractions). But its OK, because we know we are coming back:goodvibes

We are going to eat breakfast at The Wave before we hit the road. Very good buffet if you have never been there before. T will get in a little more pin trading in the shops, then we pack and the worst part of the trip happens...we have to leave:mad:

We were commenting yesterday how 2 weeks int enough, but I imagine the folks who stay at the campground for 3 mos feel the same way too.

Had a great time with friends who live here, met folks from back home who are CMs(that came by pin trading)which is cool. So not being so focused on the in your face stuff has led us down a wonderfully different approach to seeing WDW, sort of made it new again, and I love that feeling:thumbsup2
Great sentiments, JT. I do believe that what draws so many in is the ability to find new adventures each time we go. You make me long for the World, Jimmy. :thumbsup2

I just got back from VWL as well - my first visit but sure won't be my last. It was absolutely gorgeous!!!!

We were on the 5th floor in a newly refurbished room. Tomorrow, I will post some pictures, if I can remember my photobucket password. *blush*

We did hear a lot of construction going on - perhaps working on the roof? And the water was turned off one day, then came back in spurts later that evening.

I have reservations for November -- my first Wine & Dine Half Marathon. Counting the days until I go back...

Oh, and as a lurker, I just love this group - y'all are so wonderfully supportive of one another.

Thanks for the pictures of the refurb Debbieanddroo! :thumbsup2 So glad you loved our beloved Lodge as well. :grouphug: It just has this calm, welcoming vibe there that we adore. After staying there for ONE NIGHT, I went on a quest to add on points there. :laughing:

After looking at your photos, sadly I am not feeling too much better about the refurb. :sad1: I really don't love the light, airy feel to the rooms. I loved the richness of the old rooms. It was the location equivalent of putting on your favorite jammies and snuggling up under your oldest best blanket on a cold winter night. I found them comforting and I just hope it feels the same.

Hey folks!!

As I mentioned a few weeks back, at the requests of the moderators, we are needing to make a switch to a new thread. As most of you know, twokats had an accident this week, and she and I had plans to launch the new thread. I havent been able to contact Kathy, and I hope there isnt more there going on beyond what we know that her DD princesskat shared. In other words, hurry back Kathy, and prayers that you continue to heal:goodvibes

So, sleepydog25 had volunteered his services a few weeks ago just shortly after twokats had said she would take it. At this point, we are getting close to the 250 pg mark, and it can get there quick on weekends. So sleepydog25 will be launching the new thread Sun. AM and I will follow up with the Bdays and Anniversaries pages in co-ordination with him.

Lets all join in and help this group continue to be a place of fun and support as Patrick takes it on

Woooohoooo! Thanks for all the hard work guys!!!! And thanks for volunteering your time to help out JT and Kat, Sly!

Now you can finally yout your disclaimer for the initiation fee, right up front. :smokin:

:laughing:

What - Heather - you say you found a check of considerable size? WONDERFUL! I love finding $ in a coat pocket. Mine is usually 5 bucks :confused3

I know Di! I was SO shocked and thrilled. I didn't want to sound like I was gloating about it, but wow - I was so surprised.

I did contact the title company, and they will be sending us a new check :cool1:

Lunch on me! Where shall we all go? ;)

Debbieandroo.....thanks for the photos. Those Bambi pillows are awesome. Wonder how many of those will go missing??!!!

UPDATE on my room situation. Instead of cancelling the room, my husband and I have decided to give it to my cousin who is flying in for the wedding from Illinois. He was very thankful and I can't wait for him to see our beloved VWL :goodvibes

So glad you found a solution Maria!!!

When I was first considering purchasing DVC and asking questions on the forums, a lot of people flame you when you say one of your reasons for purchasing is to be able to share it with family and friends. I heard on more than one occasion "why would you do that, would you pay for a family members room if you didn't have DVC?" :crazy2:

No, I wouldn't. Because I COULDN'T. But, now that I can, I do - and guess what?? It's one of the best, most amazing feelings to be able to know that you could help someone have an amazing vacation that they normally wouldn't have been able to otherwise.

I know that feels wonderful for you, being able to share it with your loved ones. :cheer2: Especially now, with the wedding. You guys are going to have the best time :goodvibes

Thanks so much for all of your updates the past few weeks JT. I agree with Sly that it makes me miss the World. I love all of the new experiences that there will always be at WDW. Glad you guys enjoyed BLT and were able to have an awesome time together pixiedust:

Ooh I see there is a new thread on the way
I'll be there!
Thanks to all for the great info and wonderful community feel of this thread :)

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. You don't know how much I appreciate everyone.:)

So many have said it; just can't help but repeat it . . . . . . .

party:HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUUSH!party:

Looking forward to giving you the big B'Day hug next time we see you!

Jimmy - sorry you have to leave, but the good things always seem to end; it is only the crappy things that never seem to go away.

God's Speed.

Ok, this is just going to be a quick update so that all know I am among the living!
Believe it or not the kids did not get me back and connected with the computer until last night late. I have finally got caught up and see that I will take over the thread at a later date but I am sure sleepy will do us proud. But I will get better at posting.

I did really well this time. I now have matching hardware in both legs and unfortunately the right arm was collateral damage. I did not have time to catch myself it was so fast but my arm was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. My surgeon has asked me to postpone our April 18 vacation/cruise so that has been moved to September. Still working on all that. Anybody have experience changing air flights?

I have an amazing daughter as most of y'all have found out. I know your prayers have helped her just as much as me.

I will keep y'all in the loop. We are just waiting to be transferred to rehab Monday.

By the way. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUUSHKA!!!

Ok, this is just going to be a quick update so that all know I am among the living!
Believe it or not the kids did not get me back and connected with the computer until last night late. I have finally got caught up and see that I will take over the thread at a later date but I am sure sleepy will do us proud. But I will get better at posting.

I did really well this time. I now have matching hardware in both legs and unfortunately the right arm was collateral damage. I did not have time to catch myself it was so fast but my arm was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. My surgeon has asked me to postpone our April 18 vacation/cruise so that has been moved to September. Still working on all that. Anybody have experience changing air flights?

I have an amazing daughter as most of y'all have found out. I know your prayers have helped her just as much as me.

I will keep y'all in the loop. We are just waiting to be transferred to rehab Monday.

So glad to hear you're on the mend! Best wishes to you as you heal--just relax, kick back, and stay in touch with us. As for the airlines, I'm certain they will work with you to help cut your costs due to the injury. Be well!

Glad things are looking up Kathy! Wishing you all the best and sorry about postponing your cruise. My only experience with changing flights and I've done it often is SOUTHWEST. LOVE THEM for the ease and no penalties of switching. I wish you luck with this. All the best with rehab!

After looking at your photos, sadly I am not feeling too much better about the refurb. :sad1: I really don't love the light, airy feel to the rooms. I loved the richness of the old rooms. It was the location equivalent of putting on your favorite jammies and snuggling up under your oldest best blanket on a cold winter night. I found them comforting and I just hope it feels the same.

::yes:: Some of the new furniture looks nice and the appliances are good looking. The wall color choices are not warm and woodsy though.

Glad to hear you're doing well Kathy! I'll keep sending prayers your way for a speedy and complete rehab. :hug:

I have had some experience in changing air flights. It's really not difficult - just a touch expensive depending on the airline although I've had one or two where the original air fare was so high that by the time I switched and lucked out with lower air fare on the new dates the difference wasn't too bad. Different airlines can have varying rules about how long the funds are good for. Some it is a year from the date you purchased and others its a year from the date the original flight was scheduled. If you booked online direct with the airline you will most likely even be able to do the change all online. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter