VWL Lovers & Groupies thread: It all started with a Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy fashionably late birthday DizneyDi!!:blush:

Happy Easter to all! Finally a nice warm day!pixiedust:

Hope everyone had a joyous Easter....I worked all weekend....thus the late posting of these wishes to VWL Groupie friends .....

emoosehead4.gif

Hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter!

-----------------

Thanks for all the nice Anniversary congrats! On to the next year. :cutie:

-----------------

Happy Belated Birthday DiznyDi! :bday:

-----------------

Inkmahm - glad to hear that your DH is still feeling better. Hope there's good news that the nasty stone has moved on!

Well, groupies, the Disneyland / Great Southwest Vacation is just about 2 weeks away. I wonder how I'll feel after living out of a suitcase for two and a half weeks, but it will be fun!

I just made dinner reservations for El Tovar. We're staying at Bright Angel and so, we couldn't make the dinner reservations until now.

Just to reiterate, here's the schedule.
Fly to LA
Disneyland - a week at GCV studio
Fly to Las Vegas
Rental SUV, travel to Zion
Zion National Park, Zion Lodge, 2 nights
Grand Canyon north rim, North Rim Cabins, 2 nights
Monument Valley, The View Hotel, 2 nights
Canyon De Chelly, Thunderbird Lodge, 2 nights
Grand Canyon south rim, Bright Angel Lodge, 2 nights
Back to Vegas
Fly home

Can't wait to hear about the trip WD. Your going to be seeing so many beautiful sights!
And your first stay at GCV, isn't it? I'm sure you're going to love it!

DisneyDi, happy belated birthday. 10 lashes with a wet pixie wand for me!!

Boy I miss being able to check in more frequently. Nasty school and work. I knew I was supposed to be independantly wealthy, shoot!!

Mr & Mrs. Muush, Happy, happy aniversary!!

Glad to see everyone else is doing well.

Happy Monday gang!

Well, I'm also quite late but want to wish DiznyDi a very happy birthday...I hope it was a great one! :)

It's been pretty weird around here (St. Louis) recently as three separate tornado attacks have happened here in the past 5 months. The last group of tornadoes hit us on Good Friday and tore up our airport and about 1,100 homes and businesses. Amazingly, no fatalities in this latest set of tornadoes. The airport is still shut down but expects to be 30% operational today.

Just a crazy, crazy weather year. I know other Groupies have had hurricanes, floods and tornadoes in their areas as well on top of the brutal winter. I hope all continue to be safe and healthy.

And on a happier note, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MR & MRS MUUSH! :banana:

I also wanted to post a few pix from our trip a couple of weeks ago. We stayed at BLT and I booked a Bay Lake View room. I figured that would put us on the "inside of the horseshoe" but as it turned out we were on the outside on the north side of the resort, second floor.

We really enjoyed having Bay Lake right outside our room, and the large picture window at BLT villas gave us a very nice view....

DSC00551_edited-1.jpg

Looking out on the balcony to the left, we could see Space Mtn and most of the Wishes fireworks each night...

DSC00552_edited-1.jpg

This beach was right outside our room...

DSC00554_edited-1.jpg

And you just can't stay at the Contemporary without a few obligatory monorail shots!

DSC00638_edited-1.jpg

Okay, now for the stuff that puts us on this thread...

DSC00605_edited-1.jpg

DSC00615_edited-1.jpg

DSC00614_edited-1.jpg

DSC00619_edited-1.jpg

and finally, a shot from our favorite lunch eating location at WDW...

DSC00607_edited-1.jpg

Hi Granny:

Your pictures are great and thanks so much for sharing. Less than three weeks from now DH/I will be at WDW. I'm bouncing off the walls already! :mickeyjum

The tornado's that hit St. Louis on Friday was unbelievable. Thank goodness no one lost their lives. Was there a lot of damage where you live? Glad you are OK.

Trish

Thanks for the pictures Granny. Very nice view from BLT! I would be very happy with that view.

Of course, lovely pictures of the Lodge.

Crazy weather in St. Louis. My SIL and her DH are supposed to fly out of St. Louis on Mother's Day as part of their trip to Okinawa Japan where they are being stationed as he is in the army. Wonder if that will still be possible. Thank goodness for no fatalities. We had 14 tornadoes touch down in northern WI a couple weeks ago and quite a bit of damage. Thankfully that is not where I live.

12 more days!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Hi Granny:

Your pictures are great and thanks so much for sharing. Less than three weeks from now DH/I will be at WDW. I'm bouncing off the walls already! :mickeyjum

The tornado's that hit St. Louis on Friday was unbelievable. Thank goodness no one lost their lives. Was there a lot of damage where you live? Glad you are OK.

Trish

The tornadoes cut across the north side of town, and I live on the southern side. So no damage right in my area, just about 20 miles to the north of my house. The tornadoes that came through on New Year's Eve came about 5 miles from my house.

Just crazy weather these days.

And thanks to all for the comments on the pictures. I find that we just don't take nearly as many pictures as we used to. I guess we've been there so often it's hard to find new pictures or angles to shoot.

But that walkway to the boat dock at WL is always one of my favorite areas. The spanish moss in the trees just fits in so well with the overall theming and feel of the resort. :thumbsup2

I was thinking of you Granny when I heard about the Tornados in your area. Glad they weren't close to you and also very glad that nobody was killed. Crazy videos from the airport security cams!

We apparently even had a tornado in NV yesterday - not a common occurence at all. It was across the state from Reno but just another of those weird weather happenings that are going on all over.

Glad to hear you made it through the twisters!
Love all of the photos.

Happy anniversary Muushes!:hug::love:

Hi Granny:
The tornadoes cut across the north side of town, and I live on the southern side. So no damage right in my area, just about 20 miles to the north of my house. The tornadoes that came through on New Year's Eve came about 5 miles from my house. Just crazy weather these days.
You were very lucky on Friday not getting hit with any tornadoes. Having a tornado within five miles of your house had to be scary.

And thanks to all for the comments on the pictures. I find that we just don't take nearly as many pictures as we used to. I guess we've been there so often it's hard to find new pictures or angles to shoot.
Any pictures are better than none. How did you like the villas at BLT? You had a nice view from your villa.

But that walkway to the boat dock at WL is always one of my favorite areas. The spanish moss in the trees just fits in so well with the overall theming and feel of the resort. :thumbsup2
Hmmm... must check that out when DH/I visit the resort in a few weeks. WL is gorgeous and a place that we always wanted to stay at.

Any pictures are better than none. How did you like the villas at BLT? You had a nice view from your villa.

We really enjoyed BLT. It has a nice feel to it...much more laid back than we anticipated. Of course, the Contemporary next door is like Grand Central Station up on that 4th floor with the monorail, multiple restaurants, lounges and shops. But there are virtually no amenities at BLT of their own except the lounge on top and the swimming pool...both of which were very nice. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to first time stay this summer at VWL!!

Is this Roaring Fork restaurant?

Thanks very much!:cool1:

My dear Groupie friends,
Thank you one and all for your most kind birthday wishes and for the awesome graphics that accompanied them! I feel so special...and so blessed to have each and every one of you as my cyber buds. Hopefully, in time, I will have the pleasure of meeting each of you in person and become better acquainted.

On another note, we are now into single digits! :banana::banana::banana:

Thanks Granny for your pictures. I enjoyed viewing them this evening. Just gets me all the more excited knowing we'll be there real soon!

So sorry you had to work Maria. But having been in the hospital over a holiday, I thank you for your dedication to your job and for making your patients hospital stay a little brighter.

Trish, thanks for taking over while our Momma moose celebrates her anniversary. You're doing a wonderful job in her absence.

Inkmahm, any news from your husband? Hopefully he is enjoying good health.

...and I'll agree with everyone else, we are really having some crazy weather.

I hope you have all enjoyed a Happy Easter in celebration with family and friends. Now if only the sun would come out.... :sunny:

Thanks for the pics Granny! We'll be there in just over two weeks in a Lake View, so I'm getting really excited about our stay.

Also very glad that you were safe from the storms, we heard about the airport on the news, pretty insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter