VWL Lovers & Groupies thread: It all started with a Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cheer2::cheer2:WELCOME HOME SKYLYNX :cheer2::cheer2:

PS If that's your front yard why would you ever leave? :confused3

DDi Enjoy the Picture.

Praying for all Groupies to stay safe in these crazy storms!

We are planning to move to Colorado this July. And yes, we won't want to leave our front yard (or back yard, for that matter) much once we have something in between the front and back to actually live in! You just have to watch where you walk...elk duds are everywhere. :-)

The plan is to rent for a year or two until we can get a decent appraisal and a construction loan. Meanwhile, we plan to live close by our land and continue to build our horse fence and barn, and happily anticipate our own log wilderness lodge (in an affordable scale) as soon as the planets align! We may just luck out and get a log house for a rental, in which case we'll go ahead with party plans sooner rather than later!

And as soon as we get our Colorado "Wilderness Lodge Junior" built and have bathrooms for y'all to use, we will have that big barbecue and picnic I promised!

Here's a picture of our front yard!

FemaleElkonLopingLynxRanch.jpg

Skylynx, I'd keep an eye out on that bunch in the front yard, they look like they could become a little ornery. ;)

Congrats on the VWL close.

Teapot, gorgeous pictures.

I'm doing the 26 day dance before Disney Paris. not the lodge but I'm super excited to see how the mouse translates in French! (and I'll force myself to some how struggle through the rest of paris also :banana:

Hi skylynx:

And as soon as we get our Colorado "Wilderness Lodge Junior" built and have bathrooms for y'all to use, we will have that big barbecue and picnic I promised!
WOW... that is gorgeous! I'll could live with that... no problem!:)

We are planning to move to Colorado this July. And yes, we won't want to leave our front yard (or back yard, for that matter) much once we have something in between the front and back to actually live in! You just have to watch where you walk...elk duds are everywhere. :-)

The plan is to rent for a year or two until we can get a decent appraisal and a construction loan. Meanwhile, we plan to live close by our land and continue to build our horse fence and barn, and happily anticipate our own log wilderness lodge (in an affordable scale) as soon as the planets align! We may just luck out and get a log house for a rental, in which case we'll go ahead with party plans sooner rather than later!
Wishing you all the best with your upcoming move, designing your "Wilderness Lodge" and working on your property. Plan sounds perfect! Enjoy it!:)

I'm doing the 26 day dance before Disney Paris. not the lodge but I'm super excited to see how the mouse translates in French! (and I'll force myself to some how struggle through the rest of paris also :banana:

I sure hope you're going to take lots of pictures eliza! DLP is definitely on my bucket list... Paris too. I took 3 years of French - and have always loved the film in the France pavilion at Epcot - I so want to go someday.

Gloomy weather here today and forecast for tomorrow (but nowhere near the awful storm cells in the Midwest--you guys stay safe!), but this past weekend was tremendous. I went for a hike about an hour's drive away--Grayson Highlands State Park which borders the Jefferson National Forest area containing Mt Rogers, the highest point in Virginia at 5,729 feet.

Most of the hike--roughly four miles one way--is on the Appalachian Trail which varies in this area from small foot paths. . .
GraysonHighlandsHike25Apr11134.jpg

. . .to hooded canopies. . .
GraysonHighlandsHike25Apr11136.jpg

. . .to wide-open spaces and vistas.
GraysonHighlandsHike25Apr11135.jpg

A shot back the way I'd come thus far, and I climbed through those rock formations rather than walk around--much more fun! The parking lot sits just beneath the notch in the mountain to the far right of the picture.
GraysonHighlandsHike25Apr11131.jpg

More to come later. . .

Anybody notice that the Motorcycle and the word Tron are gone from the monorail????

Hi Bret
No Worries
You are looking at the last two cars of the monorail.
The Motorcycle and the word Tron are still there.
The Monorail was traveling towards the left of the picture.
I waited till it pasted Spaceship Earth so I could get it in the shot. ;)

Hi Bret
No Worries
You are looking at the last two cars of the monorail.
The Motorcycle and the word Tron are still there.
The Monorail was traveling towards the left of the picture.
I waited till it pasted Spaceship Earth so I could get it in the shot. ;)

Got you tea post thanks... I looked at that a long time before I posted too.... I wonder if they are going to change them back????

Hi Sleepydog25;
Great pictures! Looks like you had a perfect day to go hiking. Looking forward to seeing more photos!:)

FemaleElkonLopingLynxRanch.jpg

Looks like they're already checking you out. Whatever you do, DO NOT cut your lawn. The "neighborhood association" might come after you. ;)

Hi Sleepydog25;
Great pictures! Looks like you had a perfect day to go hiking. Looking forward to seeing more photos!:)
Trish, the key phrase above is "looks like you had a perfect day." lol Looks can be deceiving. The day started out being gorgeous but as you'll see in upcoming pics, didn't end so.

Speaking of bad weather, my small part of southwest Virginia survived last night intact, but less than two hours away further west in the state, a twister hit a truck stop killing seven people according to the latest reports. And a town that lies 20-25 miles away that had been hit three weekends ago was almost struck again last night. It was wicked around here from about 11 p.m. until 7 this morning--we're not supposed to get such nastiness in the mountains!
Patrick, aka sleepydog

Well we have 4 months left till our next outting at the Lodge! Can't come soon enough. I have made all the dinning ressies. Was gonna try and book African Trek but I just want to hang at the pool the whole 4 days and be lazy. Maybe rent a boat for couple hours? Nothing too strenuous haha!

Having kitchen designer come out Tues to look into redoing our 70s kitchen. Want it to look like the lobby of the Villas or the Lodge. Not too picky. I have a feeling they will laugh when we tell them our budget. :rotfl:

Trish, the key phrase above is "looks like you had a perfect day." lol Looks can be deceiving. The day started out being gorgeous but as you'll see in upcoming pics, didn't end so.

Speaking of bad weather, my small part of southwest Virginia survived last night intact, but less than two hours away further west in the state, a twister hit a truck stop killing seven people according to the latest reports. And a town that lies 20-25 miles away that had been hit three weekends ago was almost struck again last night. It was wicked around here from about 11 p.m. until 7 this morning--we're not supposed to get such nastiness in the mountains!
Patrick, aka sleepydog

Glad you are ok. My Aunt lives in eastern TN in the mountains and they had some bad weather as well. Tornado hit but not in her city. She said they haven't had tornado in that area since the 70s.

Patrick - glad you are ok. This weather is insane.

Trish - most everything is packed or at least in a pile to be distributed into suitcases. We really need this vacation. My parents are joining us. The last couple months have been hard on the family as my Grandpa was ill and then passed away. So it will be good to relax and get away from all that.

Inkmahm....glad your dh is not in pain and hope he continues to pass the stone with little discomfort.

Thank you. The doc told him the stone is in the bladder so he needs to come back in another 2 weeks to see the urologist. Unfortunately, they figured the stone was formed because he has an overactive parathyroid dumping calcium into his blood. Now he needs surgery to have one parathyroid removed. Not fun.

Thank you. The doc told him the stone is in the bladder so he needs to come back in another 2 weeks to see the urologist. Unfortunately, they figured the stone was formed because he has an overactive parathyroid dumping calcium into his blood. Now he needs surgery to have one parathyroid removed. Not fun.

Sorry he has to have surgery. I hope its not too painful for him and he feels better very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter