• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Lovers & Groupies thread: It all started with a Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking for some pixie dust......SIL and DNephew decided they want to tag along on our December trip. No problem except for 7 mos out for the first weekend in December??? :scared1:

So we w'listed an additional studio for our stay. Here's hoping it comes through. If not, it's no biggie, we're also making a room ressie at the lodge, just in case.

Just hoping it all works out so we can all be together under the orange roof!

eliza:

I can only imagine what you lived through up close and personal that most of us just watched on tv or on the internet. BIG :grouphug: to you today, and praying for that peace that passes all understanding for you as you work through the emotions once more. You are special to us all dear one.

Just touching base.....I'm in WDW right now and it's so difficult to get on the boards. But my thoughts and prayers are with Inkahman, twokats and eliza......I may have missed some posts, but I will catch up next week. Hang in there guys.....wishing you all the best and lots of prayers and good thoughts !

Thanks! The good news is that DH passed that nasty kidney stone over the weekend so no more worrying about that. He still has the parathyroid surgery ahead of him but we are hopeful that it will be an easy one that goes well for him.

Eliza, I don't think I knew you were directly involved in 9/11. I'm hoping the death of OBL will someone eventually make the memories easier for you.

I thought I would come to the experts on VWL. I have seen several threads that mention the guest couldn't find a safe in their studio at VWL. Is that true, no safes at VWL? If there are safes, were are they located?

We have a reservation in June, I can't wait, and are used to leaving important items in the safe while at the parks. If there aren't any safes in the room is there an option for safes at the front desk? TIA.

4. this place was a dump! walls are too obstructing & windows are placed in odd places. what an eye sore! also smells like dirty hookah water.

6. hole in the wall resort with sufficient area to land 2 helicopters if needed for quick access. No phone or internet service......Blah. Do not intend to come back ever again.

7. I booked a stay here because I thought it would be a secluded get away. I could not sleep with all the helicopters and gun shots, This was supposed to be a safe place. I would not recommend it as a hide out. The caves of Afghanistan are a much better place to hide out. Pros: good person to person courier service Cons: Poor Security, Neighbors do not mind their own business

8. In one word "nasty". The place smelled of bad B.O. and goat urine. The brouchure stated that it was a nice secluded romantic getaway. Secluded yes! romantic not so much. The food was awful and the service was terrible. Very rude staff it's like they hate Americans or something. We did meet this nice gentleman named Osama something or other but he shared a room with a goat so that was kinda strange but he left in the middle of the night after some kind of confrontation. I guess his credit card wasn't approved.

WD, now that was funny!! thank you so much

Thanks! The good news is that DH passed that nasty kidney stone over the weekend so no more worrying about that. He still has the parathyroid surgery ahead of him but we are hopeful that it will be an easy one that goes well for him.

Eliza, I don't think I knew you were directly involved in 9/11. I'm hoping the death of OBL will someone eventually make the memories easier for you.

Ink, glad to here dh is on the mend.

So on 9/11 my girlfriends and I decided to ventur downtown (I lived in Harlem at the time) to do some shopping. My girlfriend was due to go on a cruise the end of the month and the stores around wall street are open early for the business folks. I got off the train at WTC just as the first plane hit, so after milling around with others trying to figure out what happened, I (because I have the weirdest luck) decided to walk over to building 2. I have a good childhood friend who worked in building 2 and I figured I'd go to his building and call my girlfriends from there. My cell phone had stopped working so I thought a landline would work and I wanted to wait there before the emergency crews started closing off the streets. At this point everyone on the street thought it was some type of freaky accident so really no one was clearing out or panicking, we just were sort of milling around, trying to figure out what had happen.
Long story short, I was waiting on the sidewalk of the south tower (#2) when the 2nd plane hit and got waffled by failing debris.

I thought I would come to the experts on VWL. I have seen several threads that mention the guest couldn't find a safe in their studio at VWL. Is that true, no safes at VWL? If there are safes, were are they located?

We have a reservation in June, I can't wait, and are used to leaving important items in the safe while at the parks. If there aren't any safes in the room is there an option for safes at the front desk? TIA.

Denlo,
it's been a while since I was in a studio but if I remember correctly it was located in the closet, along the side wall.

Just wanted to say thanks again for lifting my spirits yesterday. It was a really strange day for me. I really was expecting to feel some great jubilation but oh well. I made a point not to watch hour after hour of the news but I did have the old guy pick up a news paper.

Oh, I did tell the old guy I was divorcing him the nanosecond I can get my hands on a navy seal. LOL but I'm thinking if I get one my age the seal may have morphed into a navy sea lion. :rolleyes1
I have nothing but love, respect and admiration for our young men and women in the armed forces.

E, thank you for sharing your story. I knew you were there, but we had never heard the whole story.
I hope closure will come to you very soon.:hug:

I thought about you when I heard that UBL was dead. Being the news junkie that I am, of course I was watching TV on the cruise (the last night). So on a ship of 4000+ fools including crew, I was probably the only one watching the news. :dance3:

We had a fabulous cruise. 10 days of beautiful weather, and bliss.

Enough of that.

Important announcement!!

Happy Birthday Loribell!!!!​
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

So, where shall we go to lunch TODAY!??? I Book He Pays, AKA Trish, AKA great birthday announcer, is buying!

Eliza - thanks for sharing your story. I'm still praying for you.

Barb - glad you had a wonderful cruise. Any pictures to share?

Loribell - Happy Birthday!!!

I propose 50s Prime Time for lunch. Always fun for a bday lunch there.

4 more days for us! Dad continues to feel better, so he should be fine for when we go. He was so weak from being sick that he was worried about getting around WDW. But he is feeling normal again and getting his strength back.

Packing is mostly done. Just have a few things that have to wait until that morning.

Hi Nicole. I am so glad your dad is on the mend. And that WDW is still a go! Woohoo!

50s Prime Time for lunch is good for me, birthday girl, what say you??

No pictures of the cruise (can you believe that?????).
We flew and our camera is quite heavy and we took a lot last time (tripod and all) so we skipped them this time.

franandaj, happy belated birthday! I added you to the list so next year LOOK OUT!!!

Denlo,
it's been a while since I was in a studio but if I remember correctly it was located in the closet, along the side wall.

That makes sense. Does some of the rooms not have a closet, but a wardrobe instead? Maybe those studios don't have a room safe? Thanks for the information.

Most rooms in the villas have safes but there are some that dont. We had a 2 BR over Christmas and wanted to use the safe...could not find it. We phoned the front desk and they told us that it was by the entrance. When we told them that we could not find it, they sarcasticly told us that they would come and show us where it was. They were surprised that they could not find one. That is why I do not like maintenance to come into my room unannounced.

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for the birthday wishes. As you all know, my birthday had a sort of weird ending. We were waiting for a table at dinner, and I decided to check one of the DIS game threads I play, and they were all saying that Obama was preparing to make a statement. Very strange way to remember the day!

Eliza, people have alluded that you were directly involved,thanks for sharing your story. I can't imagine how awful that time must have been. I'm glad you are physically recovered, and hopefully the emotional pain will continue to heal.

Inkmahm good news for your DH!

Loribell! Happy Birthday!

Muushka glad you had a nice cruise.

I' doing the single digit dance! Did online check in yesterday for OKW, today I will do it for my final destination, BLT. I can't wait, just need to find time to pack!

Most rooms in the villas have safes but there are some that dont. We had a 2 BR over Christmas and wanted to use the safe...could not find it. We phoned the front desk and they told us that it was by the entrance. When we told them that we could not find it, they sarcasticly told us that they would come and show us where it was. They were surprised that they could not find one. That is why I do not like maintenance to come into my room unannounced.

Did the resort give you an option to use the safe at the front desk for free?

They never offered and I never asked. I was in shock that there was no safe available in the room. It was one of the larger rooms (2BR) off the atrium so maybe it is just those rooms that dont have safes

I looked on the WDW website and this it what it says for VWL amenities.

Room Amenities

Fully-Equipped Kitchens (One-Bedroom and 2-Bedroom Villas)
Kitchenette (Studio Villas)
Washer and Dryer Units with Laundry Detergent (One-Bedroom and 2-Bedroom Villas)
Alarm Clock
Coffee Maker
DVD Player
Hairdryer
International Electrical Adaptor
High-speed Internet access (complimentary for select Suite accommodations; for all other accommodations, additional fee applies)
Iron and Ironing Board
Microwave
Pack 'n Play Playards
Pool Towels
Refrigerator
Safe
Cable TV with Disney Programming
Wet bar (Studio Villas)
Whirlpool Tub

You'd think they'd install one in each of the rooms. Even if they haven't had one in them for the past 10 years.

Happy Birthday Loribell! Hope you've had a great day!

Welcome back Muushka! Can't wait to hear all about your cruise! Trish did a wonderful job in your absence.

Only 2 more sleeps :banana::banana::banana:

Hi Everyone!

Eliza ~ I can't imagine what you went through on 9/11 being surrounded by so much tragedy. It was a difficult day for many of us and we will always remember those people that lost their lives. :hug:

Inkmahn ~ Great news that DH passed his kidney stone last weekend. Good luck with his upcoming surgery and a speedy recovery.

Muushka ~ Welcome back!!! Glad you and DH had a fantastic cruise! No pictures from the cruise? I would go crazy if I didn't have a camera with me... however DH would probably love it! LOL How was the food/cabin? Lunch.... let's see... anyone interested in sharing a skillet? :)

Loribell ~ Happy belated birthday! :bday: I hope you had a wonderful day!

Nicoal13 ~ Glad that your father is feeling better. Have a fantastic vacation and enjoy!

Ten more days and we'll be in WDW. :banana:I'm running like crazy!

Have a great day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter