• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Lovers & Groupies thread: It all started with a Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kathy for the update on your mom. We'll continue to hold both of you in prayer as you journey down this path.

Nicoal, good to hear your dad is on the mend. Would have made for a very stressful trip for you.

Safe travels JT as you return home from Myrtle Beach.

DDad and I got the suitcases out today. Only 4 more sleeps... :cool1:

We're not packed yet. I'd like to try for carry on luggage. I've identified 3 laundry opportunities during our 2.5 week vacation.

:lmao::lmao: Good luck WD. This is truly a foreign concept in my world since travelling with me is like travelling on Cleopatras barge. I can't even imagine going away for 2 weeks without a boat load of baggage.

Hi Groupies!

So I don't think I mentioned this to anyone back when I paid my membership dues, but today is the anniversary of my 21st birthday. I won't say which one, but suffice to say I did see the first man walk on the moon, but wasn't around for Pearl Harbor. :scratchin Come to think of it, not even sure if my mom was around, Dad was, but I'm sure he doesn't remember...but I digress. I look forward to a relaxing day of being waited on hand and foot! :rotfl2: I'll be lucky to go out to dinner, but I can dream!

:scared1: Did you try to sneak one past us Allison? Bad girl.

:banana: Happy, Happy Birthday!! Hope your anniversary is going well!! Have many more.

Hi Inkmahn:
Thanks, everyone. DH had another scan today so he won't know results until Monday. He is leaving tomorrow morning for 10 days in PA visiting his parents and helping them around the house while his dad is facing surgery for colon cancer at the end of the month. I'm guessing DH won't have the surgery he needs until at least miid-May. Maybe the kidney stone will be out by then, too.
Good luck to DH today as well as your FIL with his upcoming surgery.

It's a beautiful day in Wisconsin for a change! Looking forward to dinner out tonight with DH before he leaves for his trip tomorrow. I'll be working out of town again next week so I probably will get behind on reading posts again.
Hope both of you had a wonderful dinner! Have a safe trip as well.

Happy Belated Birthday Alison!

images

images

Hope you had a wonderful and relaxing birthday yesterday! I apologize for being late but I wasn't able to get on the thread yesterday.

Hi Nicoal13:

6 more days for us! Did a bunch of packing today. Yesterday, I found out that my Dad had been very sick all week and lost a lot of weight. Mom and Dad wouldn't call and tell me because they didn't want me to worry. However, as of last night and this morning he is feeling much better and able to eat again. Thought we might have to postpone the trip there for a while. But he seems to be ok now.
Great news that your dad is feeling better. You can go on vacation and relax.

So, immediately after 9/11 I didn't have much time to think about much of any thing. I was pretty banged up and the first 2 months was spent on some serious drugs. :rolleyes: The next 2 years I think I made a conscious decision not to think about Al-queda or Osama Bin laden. My brain simply could not handle the fact that some one would knowingly and actively plan to do this to another human being...

After a while I think I was most mad at how it possibly effective my kids. Sid was 7 and still retain the magical belief that adults would make every thing all right but Rizzo who was 9 understood that some times bad things did happen. both kids knew that mom was not home and she was not coming home soon and worse they could not talk to her. To this day I feel so guilty about that. If I hadn't gone downtown.... If I hadn't hung around after the first plane hit...... who knows?

Anyway today I wake up to news the OBL has been killed. I always thought that I would feel really, really estatic joy over this but here I sit and I'm about as confused as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
I feel pretty much let down. I am glad that he is gone but also my mind tells me that unfortunately there are more than enough wackadoodles out there to take his place.

Oh well, not sure if I should be begging for prayer request, it feels a bit ungracious considering I pretty healthy and happy but asking anyway...

Love you all
E

Eliza

It is bittersweet. Knowing he is gone, makes me feel as if we have accomplished the mission, but you are right, there are others out there to take his place. For me, it made me more aware of how much we as a nation need to be on our toes, realize we our hated by others for whatever reason. And we need to remain vigilant to protect ourselves. Hopefully that will mean less loss of lives.
I dont think it is wrong of you to ask for prayer. You have endured much through this whole thing. We as groupies are glad you are here to share.

Eliza...my prayers are with you. I can't pretend to know the physical and mental pain you have gone through. But I do know that you continue to lift the spirits of so many that you've never even met face to face. We all wish you all the best.

Personally, I can't find joy in the end of anyone's life. But I completely understand how many people feel elated and have no problem with that. As Jimmy said, I think it is more of a feeling for me of "mission accomplished". I always have tremendous respect and admiration for our troops, and once again they have shown why they are the best in the world.

Eliza - I will say a prayer. While I am glad that Bin Laden has been killed, you are right, there are still others out there who want to harm us. It is important that we stay vigilant. I don't know what you went through, but I will pray that you get some peace from this and that you continue your healing journey. :grouphug:

Anyway today I wake up to news the OBL has been killed. I always thought that I would feel really, really estatic joy over this but here I sit and I'm about as confused as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
I feel pretty much let down. I am glad that he is gone but also my mind tells me that unfortunately there are more than enough wackadoodles out there to take his place.
Subconsciously, you've been dealing with this issue ever since the attacks. There has been a focus, as odd as that may sound. Now, the iconic focus of that internal debate and struggle is gone, so it's not strange that you would feel empty. On the other hand, you are now free to move beyond those memories, and I know you will. And your groupies will be here to help that process. :thumbsup2

. . . . . . Personally, I can't find joy in the end of anyone's life. But I completely understand how many people feel elated . . . . .

Most of those I have encountered today agree that the reason we feel so strange about the OBL news is that on one hand, justice has been served, but on the other, our hearts we are troubled that we live in a world where such things occur. So often we say to ourselves what Rodney King stepped up to say . . . "Can't we all just get along?" . . . and wonder why it can't be so.

Our heartfelt thoughts go out to you, Elisa, and all those still living with the tragedy.

Also praying for you Eliza. Though I cannot even imagine all that you went thru being in the midst of the devasation and the feelings you endured I can send my best wishes your way as another reminder takes you back to that time.

Just touching base.....I'm in WDW right now and it's so difficult to get on the boards. But my thoughts and prayers are with Inkahman, twokats and eliza......I may have missed some posts, but I will catch up next week. Hang in there guys.....wishing you all the best and lots of prayers and good thoughts !

Eliza, here's a big groupie hug just for you! :grouphug: I'll happily lend support, my friend. Praying for God's calming peace to fill your heart and soothe your soul.

Eliza, you were in my thoughts all day long. What a tough concept to wrap your mind around. As your boys grow older hopefully they will also be able to make sense of all of this as well. In the meantime, your groupies are always just a click away...:love::grouphug:

Many hugs to eliza. Let's get Zawahiri next. Here's a few of the comments that were posted on Google Maps about Bin Laden's compound.

1. Located in cozy, quiet neighborhood. Interrupted only occasionally by machine gun fire. Lacking in ameneties, but an up and coming area. Handyman special. One satellite phone available with smoking bullet hole for comms back home. CIA helicoptors offering complimentary air lift service for corpses. Great property to get away from it all. Must See!

2. can't see anything there' s 18 foot walls all around me and no windows facing anything good. This place is a dump, plus it smells like old laundry. I guess I feel pretty secure tho with the 18 foot walls, oh wait here comes 40 navy seals with sub-machine guns

3. Heard this used to be an amusement park, now it's a historical site? Aside from the complimentary dialysis machine use, easy underground access to Pakistan's beautiful vast cave system, and free toaster waffles, it's a pretty big dump. The food wasn't organic, the wifi was spotty at best, absolutely no cell coverage, (yelp reviews were so wrong on that one) and no one spoke English. To make it worse, the country's best basketball player, some 6'7" dude with a turban, gets shot our first night there. And the coffee was cold. We're so not coming back.

4. this place was a dump! walls are too obstructing & windows are placed in odd places. what an eye sore! also smells like dirty hookah water.

5. Secret password: derka derka muhammed jihad

6. hole in the wall resort with sufficient area to land 2 helicopters if needed for quick access. No phone or internet service......Blah. Do not intend to come back ever again.

7. I booked a stay here because I thought it would be a secluded get away. I could not sleep with all the helicopters and gun shots, This was supposed to be a safe place. I would not recommend it as a hide out. The caves of Afghanistan are a much better place to hide out. Pros: good person to person courier service Cons: Poor Security, Neighbors do not mind their own business

8. In one word "nasty". The place smelled of bad B.O. and goat urine. The brouchure stated that it was a nice secluded romantic getaway. Secluded yes! romantic not so much. The food was awful and the service was terrible. Very rude staff it's like they hate Americans or something. We did meet this nice gentleman named Osama something or other but he shared a room with a goat so that was kinda strange but he left in the middle of the night after some kind of confrontation. I guess his credit card wasn't approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter