VWL Refurb Info

We were there in early June and I thought the decor was very blah as well. The bell services guy who brought us our luggage asked if we loved it and I told him the truth - no.

It isn't horrible - just lost a lot of the theming we loved so much. I do like the addition of the murphy bed in the studios.. I think the bambi decore on the inside of it is very cute.

Honestly though - cute is not rustic - and it should have that rustic feel to it we fell in love with.

I did notice that the new furnishings (Curtain rails, coffee table, entertainment 'unit' and dresser), while very nice on their own, are Artisan style and would fit perfectly in the Grand Californian Villas.

VWL should be themed to a log cabin. Seems the person in charge of selecting the furnishings didn't know the difference.

We stayed in a studio at VWL in early June. I liked the lighter paint scheme and while the new table was a bit odd, it definitely freed up some space, which was nice.

There were two questionable decor decisions. One is that our cabinets were painted the same cream color as the walls and the paint was already peeling off. The second is that there are too many different finishes on the faucets/knobs/mirror surround/towel bars. Some things are chrome, others are brushed nickel or antique bronze.

Hard core VWL lover here... just got back from staying in the refurbished studio. First off: they're not bad at all. In fact I do think the new murphy bed was very nice, my 5'11", 150# son loved it and said it was more comfortable than his bed at home (he has a brand new one waiting to be moved up to his room, so he's comparing it to a 20 year old mattress) It was VERY sturdy, although I'd not want to hear of kids jumping on it. The part of the unit that encases the television set is not attached to the murphy bed, but rather is mounted right to the wall. They only look like a unit, so no fears about the tossing and turning causing the DVD player or tv to jostle and fall.

Second: I did not miss the red paint at all, nor the mess of patterns. It's much cleaner, but I do feel the couch is just too plain, and really wish they had updated with the style Kidani is using without the side bar running around it. The carpeting feels odd on the feet particularly for me with the typical blisters. I wish they had gone with a wood patterned rug instead of one with a special multi level weave to it.

Third: The updates to the kitchen and bathroom areas do brighten those up in a way they badly needed. The wood laminate flooring works very nicely in this area, and was not scratched up in the studio as I've been hearing those who are staying in the 1 br+ units reporting. No images, sorry, but I think those that are posted show the details very well.

Last item: the table they removed, and replaced with the little kick table... we missed the old table, but I see now there would not have been any room for it. We never folded the Murphy bed back up during our stay so had to make due without a table. Got creative with the chairs. :)

Thank you for all of this info... we just switched from BC to WLV-studio yesterday. I saved $1000 with the RO discount if I moved to this location. ;)

I am happy to stay in the five person studio. Gives us more reasonable options to stay in a variety of resorts without breaking the bank - and able to come back more often.

I agree! Once my youngest turned 3, our family of 5 could not stay at Wilderness Lodge anymore without paying for a deluxe junior suite room which is the cost equivalent of two standard view regular rooms...so we stopped staying at Wilderness Lodge. The WLV studios are much less expensive than a deluxe junior suite at WL making the Wilderness Lodge (by way of a 5 person studio at the Villas) at least within the realm of possibility for us. Not every trip, but an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter