• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waffle House

I've never heard of Waffle House. I googled it, looks like my closest one is in AZ.

Question: What is the difference between city ham and country ham? :confused:

Country ham is slow cured by drying. Salty as heck too.

Some Chinese friends will use it (especially Smithfield County ham) in place of Chinese style cured pork leg. I visited a Chinese hillside village once where I saw a few of these hanging. They call it 火腿 (huǒ tuǐ - or literally "fire leg"). It's rarely eaten straight up. It's usually reserved for using to flavor something else such as soup where the salt leaches out.

I do enjoy a trip to Waffle House every now and then. It's not fancy by any means, the servers wash dishes under the counter area, the eggs are made frothy with the milkshake blender by the grill, they have like 8 waffle irons. Love it!

I suggested stopping at one about 20 years ago on a road trip to the beach. DH turned up his nose and asked if I was sure? That’s all I needed to know. That man’s favorite foods are pizza and drive through fast food.

We love going to a Waffle House on our drive from Canada down to Orlando.. We don't have any here in Canada, so we like to stop at a Waffle House at least once every Disney vacation trip..

Love Waffle House!
There is one on every corner here in Georgia.
My go to at WH is the ham & cheese omelet. So good, light & fluffy. It turns out the same no matter which one we go to.

Love Waffle House and have eaten there for years. Interestingly enough there is actually a Waffle House Hurricane Grading system. The claim is they are opened in all but the absolute worst of storms. Someone actually surveys all the Waffle Houses in the effected area and then declares the severity of the storm based on the percentage of sites closed.

My husband used to manage a Waffle House, about 10 years ago. We joked that when the zombie apocalypse happened, he'd still have to go to work. Awful job, celebrated when he finally got fired. The only time that the door was locked in the 3 years he worked there was after a robbery.

After getting fired from said Waffle House job, DH swore that he'd never set foot in one again. The kids and I eat there maybe once a year if we are traveling without him. Food is ok, like others have said very greasy. I HATE their coffee.

If you are ever in one and can watch the cooking area, note their marking system for keeping track of orders. Everything they put on a plate (ketchup, mayonnaise packet, knife, fork, slice of cheese etc) means something. That's how they keep track of so many orders at once.

His store was in a decent location so he never had a lot of trouble with customers. Employees were a different matter, all of the fights were among employees, one of them robbed the store while working night shift. Took $600 out of the cash register , took off with the waitress working with him, then sent DH "taunting" text messages for the next 2 days about how rich they were. Right up until they were picked up by the police in a parking lot where they'd gotten stranded because they'd spent it all and couldn't buy gas.

Scattered, smothered, and covered.

Of course you can also go cubed. chunked, and diced, but that's just gross.

UK visitor here. Nothing like falling out of WDW late and having a Waffle House egg, bacon and cheese sandwich and hot tea. We love them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter