Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

Why? Are they having a hard time selling Aulani to locals? 🤣
Funny you should mention. I asked them what the plan was for VDH preview rooms as the ones behind Frontier Tower are still Aulani, and the main DVC offices are still being remodeled over there and aren’t open, and the CM I was chatting with says they do take people over there regularly to view the Aulani models. They haven’t been told what the VDH model plan is yet. Of course, there aren’t any VGC models or points to sell, so pickins are slim for them.

Funny you should mention. I asked them what the plan was for VDH preview rooms as the ones behind Frontier Tower are still Aulani, and the main DVC offices are still being remodeled over there and aren’t open, and the CM I was chatting with says they do take people over there regularly to view the Aulani models. They haven’t been told what the VDH model plan is yet. Of course, there aren’t any VGC models or points to sell, so pickins are slim for them.
Interesting that they take people over to view the Aulani preview rooms regularly but I wonder how many of those people actually buy. VDH going on sale will be the proverbial nail in Aulani's coffin IMO.

Interesting that they take people over to view the Aulani preview rooms regularly but I wonder how many of those people actually buy. VDH going on sale will be the proverbial nail in Aulani's coffin IMO.
I don’t think so. I have zero desire to buy at VDH, but am seriously considering adding on at AUL. I’m obviously an outlier.

I’ve stayed at the hotel dozens of times (same with VGC) and no desire to do staycations. Growing up, Hawaii was our vacation destination and at only 5+ hours away, well…

I think it might actually draw more guests west, and you might just see Aulani as part of a 1-2 punch for longer vacations (a la Pete Werner). DLR still won’t be a week-long destination, so folks will be looking to other attractions. Universal is a day trip, but Lego Land or Sea World aren’t and you’d have to get a San Diego hotel in the middle of your DVC stay. I can see Hawaii though.

I think that timeline is probably accurate. Everyone expects sales to begin in Spring 2023 and resorts usually open 6 months after that. All being timed with the 100th celebration. Exciting!

BTW, is VGC still giving those prints as gifts when you check in?
Yes. Also got a nice goodie bag from the DVC office, part of which became our new diaper bag for this trip 😀

I think that timeline is probably accurate. Everyone expects sales to begin in Spring 2023 and resorts usually open 6 months after that. All being timed with the 100th celebration. Exciting!

BTW, is VGC still giving those prints as gifts when you check in?
Wow, I need to make sure I've made a decision by March-ish, then!
Maybe I'll just split the number of points I was going to buy and get both resorts, then alternate years lol

Wow, I need to make sure I've made a decision by March-ish, then!
Maybe I'll just split the number of points I was going to buy and get both resorts, then alternate years lol

Per the wisdom of @CaptainAmerica (I think he has said this on a few forums) it's recommended that you consider not breaking up your points into other resorts or especially use years until each contract is sufficiently large that you can make good use of it on it's own. I think your every other year goals likely work but you might loose some flexibility to splurge on a larger room, use the points at other resorts at 7 months, etc.

Just a thought and something to consider. Exciting that VDH is getting that much closer to going on sale!

Per the wisdom of @CaptainAmerica (I think he has said this on a few forums) it's recommended that you consider not breaking up your points into other resorts or especially use years until each contract is sufficiently large that you can make good use of it on it's own. I think your every other year goals likely work but you might loose some flexibility to splurge on a larger room, use the points at other resorts at 7 months, etc.

Just a thought and something to consider. Exciting that VDH is getting that much closer to going on sale!
Yeah, that makes sense. Sigh, it's a tough one rn, but maybe as we get more details I'll get more clarity. Very excited as well.

Some of the photos from disneygeek.com (11/4/22)
Slowly seeing some new things appear. What are the new white prongs across the top of the building? Do they hold the graphic "border" in place? Also you can now see the vertical yellow striped windows that were in the concept artwork.

Attachments

• wp-1667607844174.jpg
    wp-1667607844174.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 29
  • wp-1667607844208.jpg
    wp-1667607844208.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 29
  • wp-1667607844260.jpg
    wp-1667607844260.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 26
  • wp-1667607844269.jpg
    wp-1667607844269.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 25
  • wp-1667607844252.jpg
    wp-1667607844252.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 25
  • wp-1667607844294.jpg
    wp-1667607844294.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 26
  • wp-1667607844278.jpg
    wp-1667607844278.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 29
  • wp-1667607844208-1.jpg
    wp-1667607844208-1.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 26
  • wp-1667607844310.jpg
    wp-1667607844310.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 26
  • wp-1667607844301.jpg
    wp-1667607844301.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 26
Some of the photos from disneygeek.com (11/4/22)
Slowly seeing some new things appear. What are the new white prongs across the top of the building? Do they hold the graphic "border" in place? Also you can now see the vertical yellow striped windows that were in the concept artwork.
It looks to me to be the structural framing to support that projecting translucent/illuminated cornice detail you can see in the artwork.

Just got back yesterday from my stay at GCH. Got great vibes over there at DLH and the DVC office seems more energized. I think the whole family is sold on buying in, but am going to do a few nights over at DLH next month to make sure.

On the negative side, while i love VGC even the hotel is side is feeling dated and there was a layer of dust on everything in the room for the entire stay. Kind of disappointing and hope things improve.

Just got back yesterday from my stay at GCH. Got great vibes over there at DLH and the DVC office seems more energized. I think the whole family is sold on buying in, but am going to do a few nights over at DLH next month to make sure.

On the negative side, while i love VGC even the hotel is side is feeling dated and there was a layer of dust on everything in the room for the entire stay. Kind of disappointing and hope things improve.
Staying at DLH next month probably won’t be a good indication of things to come once 350 DVC rooms come online with 1 new pool and zero additional restaurants or QS. I think the resort is going to feel very crowded. It’s also a shame that GCH and PPH has dedicated entrances to a park but DLH will not with the farthest walk to the esplanade. Having said that, I’d be lying if I said I’m not interested in a small 50 point contract. I just wish they would release the points chart and dues rate already. Surely they know those by now.

As for VGC, its due for a refurb in a couple of years and you can be sure that Disney will make sure DLR’s flagship resort gets it right.

As for VGC, its due for a refurb in a couple of years and you can be sure that Disney will make sure DLR’s flagship resort gets it right.

So far I like what I'm seeing with the Boulder Ridge remodel and seeing the small tie in with California/Grizzly Peak in that room says they are perhaps paying honor to the late Peter Dominick and connecting the resorts he worked on in their choices of art/decor? I do think they will likely tone down some of the edges of the craftsman style (many say it's beautiful to look at but not the most comfortable to sit in) but still pay tribute to it. Most import, I see it as a strong pointer that they will put in the murphy bed! I hope they even give the 3BR GV them in the downstairs living area.

I just wish they would release the points chart and dues rate already. Surely they know those by now.

Yes please. Even if I don't decide to buy there I still want to ninja a few rooms over the coming year+ and I need to start budgeting our points out :)

So far I like what I'm seeing with the Boulder Ridge remodel and seeing the small tie in with California/Grizzly Peak in that room says they are perhaps paying honor to the late Peter Dominick and connecting the resorts he worked on in their choices of art/decor? I do think they will likely tone down some of the edges of the craftsman style (many say it's beautiful to look at but not the most comfortable to sit in) but still pay tribute to it. Most import, I see it as a strong pointer that they will put in the murphy bed! I hope they even give the 3BR GV them in the downstairs living area.

Yes please. Even if I don't decide to buy there I still want to ninja a few rooms over the coming year+ and I need to start budgeting our points out :)
Craftsman’s style is timeless and I hope they don’t tone it down one bit. If anything, I’m not a fan of the newer styles now, where everything is all white. I’ll be happy if they just replace the carpet with hardwood and put in the Murphy bed. I like the darker older theming.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 9.57.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 9.57.38 AM.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 9.56.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 9.56.50 AM.png
    538.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 9.56.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 9.56.25 AM.png
    358 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 9.55.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 9.55.57 AM.png
    634.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 9.55.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 9.55.24 AM.png
    769.4 KB · Views: 22

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter