Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

I think it crazy that bigger suites will be harder to get.
If POLY2 goes in the way of an even distribution and same association, they will have a similar problem

I doubt it will be anything as bad as VGC, but I can't imagine this resort will be very accessible to non-owners. There's going to be very little outflow of points (VDH owners using VDH points at WDW) and a massive influx (VGC is essentially inaccessible and we all know the WDW DVC pool in its enormity will have many owners trying to transfer in). So not VGC back but maybe VGF bad.

Pods will likely be inaccessible to anyone but owners. I'm still not terribly convinced the larger villas will be the 'hardest'. Although I'm sure there is a tipping point and maybe this mix hits it compared to any Florida resort since there are still so many studios.

It also depends on how Disney markets this. If they are pushing 'a week' minimum worth of points on everyone, a lot of owners may opt for 3-4 nights annually in a larger villa. 150 points as a minimum buy in for non-owners may give the rare situation where an average owners has too many points for the typical DLR length of stay.

Albeit they may also market this to pseudo SoCal locals within a 2-6H driving distance so they can come down for a couple of weekends annually. Almost like a ski timeshare. For that reason I think weekends (unless priced correctly to counter) may be way harder to access this DVC.

So many families come to Disney as 5 and it sounds like deluxe studios will max out at 4. If that's the case, I feel like they missed the mark on either making them fit 5 or having more 1 and 2 bedrooms. Only 20 of each out of 350 units is so few! I totally want access to them so owner it shall be! Well and pods are fun too and agree with you you'll likely have to own there to get those as well. I have a feeling there will be a few surprises from originally announced plans to what we actually get. I'm hoping they squeeze out like an additional 5 each of 1+2 bedrooms which seems like a possibility based on the revised unit numbers someone reported. I'm too lazy to go find it now - haha.

Apparently I stopped being lazy. It was DVCnews who reported about in their article
Timeshare License Issued To DVC For Villas At Disneyland Hotel:
"The license authorizes Disney to sell 16,952 timeshare weeks for Disneyland Resort, which is the equivalent of 326 vacation homes. This is a minor reduction from the approximately 350 vacation homes which had previously been cited for the project."
So if that's true and it's the same space... I would guess that means they either decided to change some of the studios into larger rooms or they went full on crazy and added a quick service.

Albeit they may also market this to pseudo SoCal locals within a 2-6H driving distance so they can come down for a couple of weekends annually. Almost like a ski timeshare.
I'd say a good percentage of Disney fans from any state west of and including Colorado (picking on this state as it seems to be a favorite of Bob C.) will be fair game. I'd expect a lot of representation from Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, and of course Nevada (plus more).

It also depends on how Disney markets this. If they are pushing 'a week' minimum worth of points on everyone, a lot of owners may opt for 3-4 nights annually in a larger villa. 150 points as a minimum buy in for non-owners may give the rare situation where an average owners has too many points for the typical DLR length of stay.
We need to see the point charts. I think we expect it to be less than VGC, but it might not.

I'd also assume they are going to leverage the 7 month booking at Aulani as a bonus perk to get new members to buy DVC who are looking at VDH as their first purchase. It's not as hard for us on this side of the planet to get over to Oahu and I would bet many would use their extra points to visit Aulani every now and then.

or they went full on crazy and added a quick service.

I don't know why but reading this just gave me a dream that they would decide to open up a legit SoCal themed diner-like spot where you can get a patty melt, some tacos, huevos rancheros, breakfast burritos, or just about any good American/Mexican food dish you can dream of (plus some tasty beverages please) near the new pool. Kind of like a hybrid of Primo Piatto and Bar Riva but with that cool SoCal diner vibe and a hybrid menu with amazing tacos and chill cheese fries.

I don't know why but reading this just gave me a dream that they would decide to open up a legit SoCal themed diner-like spot where you can get a patty melt, some tacos, huevos rancheros, breakfast burritos, or just about any good American/Mexican food dish you can dream of (plus some tasty beverages please) near the new pool. Kind of like a hybrid of Primo Piatto and Bar Riva but with that cool SoCal diner vibe and a hybrid menu with amazing tacos and chill cheese fries.
SoCal comfort food at its finest. Gonna go grab a chorizo, bean and egg burrito now from Pepe's (new bottle of Tapatio waiting to be opened).

Last edited:
there is inconsistency in the original filing regarding the number of 1BR and whether or not they're standalone or lockoff.
The original filing had 18 lockoffs and 1 dedicated 1 bedroom; it was specifically delineated as a stand alone 1BR on level 10 in the floor plans. There wasn’t room on that floor for a lockoff with the way the building slants in.

Apparently I stopped being lazy. It was DVCnews who reported about in their article
Timeshare License Issued To DVC For Villas At Disneyland Hotel:
"The license authorizes Disney to sell 16,952 timeshare weeks for Disneyland Resort, which is the equivalent of 326 vacation homes. This is a minor reduction from the approximately 350 vacation homes which had previously been cited for the project."
So if that's true and it's the same space... I would guess that means they either decided to change some of the studios into larger rooms or they went full on crazy and added a quick service.
DVC News should know better. The original filing was 332 rooms, 18 of which were lockoffs, so up to 350 separate rentals.

I wonder if they scrapped the 8 rooms planned to not be physically attached to the building (see post 5, floors 1-2)

The original filing had 18 lockoffs and 1 dedicated 1 bedroom; it was specifically delineated as a stand alone 1BR on level 10 in the floor plans. There wasn’t room on that floor for a lockoff with the way the building slants in.
Yes! This was the inconsistency.

I'm not able to find the link now, but if I recall correctly it wasn't clearly reported as a standalone 1BR and its standalone status could only be deduced by looking at floor plans and the shape of the building and trying to make 253 + 38 + 20 + 2 + (x*2) + (19-x) = 350.

Nice recent video (Nov 19) thanks to DatelineDisney:

And some still photos from them as well:

Attachments

• Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6500-X4.jpg
    Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6500-X4.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6581-X5.jpg
    Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6581-X5.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6569-X5.jpg
    Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6569-X5.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6560-X5.jpg
    Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6560-X5.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6550-X5.jpg
    Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6550-X5.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6535-X5.jpg
    Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6535-X5.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6531-X5.jpg
    Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6531-X5.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6516-X5.jpg
    Disneyland-Hotel-Disney-Vacation-Club-tower-construction-DSC_6516-X5.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter