Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

If anyone uses Groupon, they have a special $99 for Mandarin Spa at S/D. (Normally $190.)

If anyone uses Groupon, they have a special $99 for Mandarin Spa at S/D. (Normally $190.)

I love Groupon offers. Thanks for posting. What city do you use for the Search box? I've tried Lake Buena Vista, but it's not shown? :)

I love Groupon offers. Thanks for posting. What city do you use for the Search box? I've tried Lake Buena Vista, but it's not shown? :)
Try Boston? Not really sure, not a regular user. But it keeps coming up on my screen here.

Just booked our first Dolphin stay for June 17-23. :cheer2:

Those were the best dates available with the nurse discount, so we decided to go with our original plan of a split stay at POR (the 12-17th). My kids will be thrilled. We have been discussing a possible trip and they are super excited to stay somewhere that they will have the ability to walk to a park on their own.

Does anyone have any insight into what is going on at the Swan and Dolphin for the week of June 13, 2015-June 19, 2015? They are both showing completely sold out; and yet the week before and the week after is showing availability with pretty decent rates.

For a variety of reasons, we may end up at Pop Century no matter what, but, still; I am puzzled that both hotels are booked up that week.

:(

Would a different check-in date possibly work?

It looks like you could check in on the 14th and check out any time between the 21-24th.

Thanks for the tips; I did figure out how to look at alternative dates (D'oh!). I kind of don't get how I can check in on a certain date; but not check out on the Friday, but can check out on Saturday. I mean, if there are no rooms for a Friday check out, why can I stay through Friday, and then check out on a Saturday or Sunday? Its just kinda weird.

Thanks for the tips; I did figure out how to look at alternative dates (D'oh!). I kind of don't get how I can check in on a certain date; but not check out on the Friday, but can check out on Saturday. I mean, if there are no rooms for a Friday check out, why can I stay through Friday, and then check out on a Saturday or Sunday? Its just kinda weird.

I thought the same thing. It was very difficult finding days that would work for us.

Check in June 12th, only available check out the 16th. Check in the 13th, can only stay for one night. But check in the 14th and you can check out anytime between the 21st and 24th???

Fortunately we were already considering a split stay because there was no way to find dates that would work at the dolphin for the trip length and approximate dates we wanted.

I am heartbroken, but had to cancel our Dolphin reservation for January. :-(. This was an "extra" vacation for us, but even with a discounted rate, the resort fee is really putting it out of reach. I am so sad, as I adore this resort and the ease of location. I hope we'll be able to return again soon.

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm sorry if I missed this, but I noticed on another thread that Garden Grocer doesn't deliver to S/D anymore? Does anyone know why? (Other than, I'm sure they'd like us to eat in their restaurants and use room service, etc.) Just surprised to see this.

I am heartbroken, but had to cancel our Dolphin reservation for January. :-(. This was an "extra" vacation for us, but even with a discounted rate, the resort fee is really putting it out of reach. I am so sad, as I adore this resort and the ease of location. I hope we'll be able to return again soon.

I'm so sorry...how disappointing.

I'm sorry if I missed this, but I noticed on another thread that Garden Grocer doesn't deliver to S/D anymore? Does anyone know why? (Other than, I'm sure they'd like us to eat in their restaurants and use room service, etc.) Just surprised to see this.

If I'm remembering this correctly, it was the S/D who would no longer accept deliveries. It wasn't Garden Grocer. I don't remember why, or if they even said why. Maybe too many convention goers shipping to them?

Sorry to hear that, SM. :hug:'s But there does come to be a breaking point for everyone.

Does anyone know is there a quick restaurant to pick up breakfast before heading out in the morning? Even bagels that I can grab and bring back upstairs. We usually stay in condos so this no kitchen thing and getting to the park at rope drop seems daunting with a 3 and 4 year old! Only 9 Days to go!

Does anyone know is there a quick restaurant to pick up breakfast before heading out in the morning? Even bagels that I can grab and bring back upstairs. We usually stay in condos so this no kitchen thing and getting to the park at rope drop seems daunting with a 3 and 4 year old! Only 9 Days to go!
Yes, there is Picabu's downstairs, which has a large grab and go section open 24 hrs/day. (And they have an awesome breakfast at the grill, btw.) You can also get room service - IIR you can order the night before and specify a delivery time, also a 24hr/day service. (Remember to use your AAA card for a discount at Picabu's if you have one.)

I bring along a box of favorite cereal,and we buy milk,and keep in fridge, it's a quick easy way to eat with our coffee in the a.m.- (I also pack paper bowls and a pack of spoons) takes up very little room in a suitcase,cheap and easy:thumbsup2 (Or DH and I skip out early and go to Boardwalk bakery to indulge LOL)...but my kids aren't 3 and 4:goodvibes

The Java Bar on the Swan side

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/javabar/index.html

and the Lobby Lounge on the Dolphin side

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/lobbylounge/index.html

provide morning treats. I do think the Java Bar has a more complete choice and variety, but then the Dolphin does have the Picabu as Linda mentioned earlier.

The Java Bar on the Swan side http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/javabar/index.html and the Lobby Lounge on the Dolphin side http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/lobbylounge/index.html provide morning treats. I do think the Java Bar has a more complete choice and variety, but then the Dolphin does have the Picabu as Linda mentioned earlier.

I agree, Dan. Java Bar selection even just looks more appealing! It's like a generic Starbucks, where the Dolphin's Lobby Bar has less items. If we walk to Epcot, we sometimes stop at Boardwalk Bakery too, but now that the bakery is open on France, thats my favorite!

Sorry to hear that, SM. :hug:'s But there does come to be a breaking point for everyone.

We are still going, just unfortunately not staying at my beloved Dolphin, but at POFQ. We are hoping to take another Adventures by Disney tour this summer as DD21 college graduation gift, and may accompany my sister's family on a 4 night DCL, so no tears for me. ;-). DH is a sweetheart and knows how much DD & I love to Disney travel, but when we looked at the costs for the year's plans, we had to change my favorite Dolphin. I wish they could remove the daily resort fee, or be included in Magical Express. Either change would be a help! But, I do understand the reasons. And, I WILL return. Lol :-)

Thanks everyone! I have pretty picky eaters - bagels, waffles, eggs and fruit and really that's it! Even if they eat a little bit and eat more later at the parks I'm ok with it. Is the refrigerator a college size one? How large of a milk container can it fit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter