Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I had three Swan/Dolphin stays booked, two for May and one for November. I cancelled the first one on March 29, and still have not received a refund. I cancelled one of the May stays last week, and got my refund a couple of days ago. So, it seems to be really hit or miss as to when you will actually get your money back.

I only saw this today because I'm missing Dolphin so much so I went on the site to look around! I can't even predict when we will be back :(
I hear you. Funny enough I am supposed to arrive 5/20. Doubt that will actually happen but just saying the date coincidence is uncanny.

When I cancelled my Costco package at Dolphin. I told them I wanted to keep my tickets and just cancel the resort. The csr accidentally canceled my tickets. A supervisor reissued the tickets with no charge. I asked if I needed to repay for the tickets they said no. I got my refund for my original tickets a couple weeks ago.

Ive been a member of Costco for 25 years and spend 5k to 7k a year there, but I was not expecting to be given free tickets for a minor error.
I plan on upgrading to annual passes when we get there.

I looked at the Value Days page today, and it kinda looks like they are aiming for a 5/20 reopening.
Is 'Value Days' on the S/D website?
Not sure how long this has been posted as well

View attachment 491351
I think that was posted on the S/D website when they finally closed the Swan, which followed the Dolphin closing by a week or so. With all of WDW closed until further notice, I can't imagine S/D would be looking to open before WDW does.

I think that was posted on the S/D website when they finally closed the Swan, which followed the Dolphin closing by a week or so. With all of WDW closed until further notice, I can't imagine S/D would be looking to open before WDW does.
Yep it's a good chart to check when planning a trip.

Thanks, never noticed it before. I am always calling when making reservations.

Just had to post this again, sure do miss that place.

View attachment 491423
I always call to book as well as the local in house reservations folks know what I mean when I say I want Dolphin Alcove Double/Double with pull out couch. Marriott central reservations...not always (no offense to them).

But, before I call, I check value days (note Dolphin and Swan sometimes have different dates due to conferences) and I also go on the Marriott site and walk through booking something to get an idea of the price and availability of room types. I saved over 200 a night by taking swan over dolphin this fall (hopefully).

Thanks, never noticed it before. I am always calling when making reservations.

Just had to post this again, sure do miss that place.

View attachment 491423
You probably saw the link last year, but there has been so much water over the dam (or under the bridge), since then. :-)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...s-information-questions.3264274/post-60799168

I don't think that the Swan/Dolphin "Value Days" calendar is accurate and up-to-date; the Marriott booking engine currently shows 06/01/2020 as the first available check-in date at both the Swan and Dolphin, which matches to the first currently bookable check-in date for Disney properties.

Last edited:
I checked the value dates page over the weekend, so I know this is an update since then.
The calendar may have recently changed, but it does not look accurate. Marriott's rack rates for a Traditional room in June 2020 range from a low of $219 to a high of $409. That's an increase of about 87% from the lowest rate up to the highest in June; the calendar labels all dates in June as Value. Maybe this just means that they are starting to try to work on things.

Thank you! As long as it's not worse than what we experienced at YC (which was fine for us - longest wait was from Typhoon Lagoon, which we won't be doing in Dec), we can deal.

Another question - is it normal for them to require a FULL prepayment? I've tried AAA rates and standard rates, and seems like they want to charge the full amount to my credit card. I'm not so sure I want to do that right now for something that's in 9 months and not set in stone yet...

We could book through Disney (that $200 down option is far more appealing), but it's only giving the 2 double beds room at the Dolphin (we'd want the king), and the Swan is a lot more expensive.
They always display the AAA Hot Deal first which is slightly less and an advance purchase. The next rate down is the AAA package which is pay one night.
491538714DB47B-73B0-4B0B-9357-7B1766F10593.jpeg

Disneyworld's website is showing park hours beginning Sunday, May 24th. That almost lines up with the apparent May 20th opening at S/D.

Hi! So my husband received became a Marriott rewards member for a trip he took for work a few months ago. I didnt realize the swan and dolphin were Marriott hotels so we are highly debating for our trip next year since we had to cancel out trip for this month ☹

So I know Swan has queen beds instead of double at dolphin, but do either of the hotels have bathtubs? Or only showers?? Also- if you had the choice, which would you prefer? It will be us 2 and our just turned 5 yo son. Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter