Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Now that Don Shula has passed away do you think Shula's will remain as it is or become something totally new and different?
Nothing will really change. Though Don was the face of the restraunt it is really owned by the Graham family in partnership with the Shula's. The Grahm family includes Phil Graham, former publisher of The Washington Post and Bob Graham, who was former Florida Governor and U.S. Senator.

Aww, I know that despite all going on the world, that totally stinks! No where I’d rather be today than Disney!

I’ve stayed a few times at the Dolphin and Swan, and at the Dolphin if you book a room with two double beds, you just request a rollaway. IMHO that is TIGHT! My friend did it years ago, when we both brought our kids without our husbands. I had a king room with a rollaway (my kids were like 5 & 7 or 6 & 8 I forget). Back then they didn’t charge for them, and my room had a sofa sleeper but it was odd and couldn’t open, so I had them remove it and bring the rollaway. Much easier for me to sleep in a larger bed with one kid, and the older one who was a kicker in his sleep got the rollaway. My friend has 4 boys, my kids’ ages then twins a year younger than the next (yes she had 4 kids in 3 years). She got a room with double beds and a rollaway, and it worked for her. She’s very short, so took the rollaway bed. So long story but just booking a room with two beds can allow a rollaway.

I totally agree that I love the location, more upscale feel, and perks if you’re Bonvoy elite (we got free breakfast and a suite upgrade last trip there). But, 2 adults and 3 kids to some is fine in a room, to me I’d never in my life do that and get any decent rest. If you look on the Swan and Dolphin website, they do offer a deal for a discounted second room for families. It used to be guaranteed connected rooms, and I think you may have to call?
Thanks! I will call them and see what the options are for a party of 5. I think I read that alcove rooms could fit 5- maybe it was the alcove room and a connecting. I am still a little afraid of getting too into the booking process since it might not even happen (again ;)).

S/D now showing sold out until June 1.
If you were previously checking dates on the Value Days calendars of the resorts, I think they were not accurate/not kept up-to-date on a regular basis. The Marriott booking engine has been showing the "Not Available for Check-in" message for the entire month of May 2020 for quite awhile, for both Swan and Dolphin. The first available check-in date from Marriott's site has been June 1, for at least a couple of weeks.

I imagine that with most of the resort staff being furloughed, many things are not being kept up in a timely manner (such as a refund of my deposit on a cancelled reservation, that took about six weeks to be processed).

From Marriott email tonight....

Since our founding 92 years ago, Marriott International has always placed an emphasis on health and safety for our guests and associates. Our founder, J.W. Marriott, used to personally inspect kitchens and guest rooms for cleanliness during his hotel visits. A high standard of cleanliness is in our DNA.

The COVID-19 pandemic has required us to raise our demanding standards to an even higher level with new protocols for the current circumstances. To tell our story on how Marriott is elevating cleanliness standards and changing hospitality norms, across our portfolio of hotels, we tapped a hospitality veteran, the son of our founder and someone who, like his father, has been known to conduct cleanliness inspections while touring hotels – our Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board, Bill Marriott. Take a look.

https://clean.marriott.com/?nck=190422960&ck=49714041&lk=1000411969
As you saw in the video, Marriott has put in place a multi-pronged approach designed to meet the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19. Below is an overview of the key components of Marriott’s Commitment to Cleanliness and you can read more details about our plan here.

Marriott Global Cleanliness Council: Consisting of in-house and outside experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel operations, the council will work to develop a new generation of global hospitality cleanliness standards, norms and behaviors for our more than 7,300 properties around the globe.

New Cleaning Technologies: While our council develops its work, we have initiated plans to roll out enhanced technologies at our properties over the next few months, including electrostatic sprayers and the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to sanitize surfaces throughout hotels.

Cleaning Regimen Changes: When guests check into our hotels over the next few months, they will notice a number of additions to our cleaning regimen designed to set an even higher standard of cleanliness for the hotels as well as modifications to associate-guest protocols developed to be consistent with recommended social distancing guidelines.

The steps we’re taking on cleanliness and new hospitality norms are as much about the health and safety of associates as they are about our guests. If we’ve learned anything during this pandemic, it is that we are all in this together. By taking care of associates and following these new protocols – we will be collectively taking care of our guests and the global community.

We are all facing an historic battle and most days it is simply about rolling up our sleeves to fight that battle. There are countless moments of humanity and resilience – I see them in how our hotel teams and individual associates are responding to the crisis around them. And that fills me with tremendous hope for the future.

We don’t know when the COVID-19 pandemic will be over or when our lives will return to some sort of normalcy. But we want our guests and our associates to know that when the time comes to travel once again, we will be ready to welcome them back to a safe and clean hotel environment.

Until that time, please stay safe and healthy.

Arne Sorenson
President and CEO, Marriott International

Since our founding 92 years ago, Marriott International has always placed an emphasis on health and safety for our guests and associates. Our founder, J.W. Marriott, used to personally inspect kitchens and guest rooms for cleanliness during his hotel visits. A high standard of cleanliness is in our DNA.

The COVID-19 pandemic has required us to raise our demanding standards to an even higher level with new protocols for the current circumstances. To tell our story on how Marriott is elevating cleanliness standards and changing hospitality norms, across our portfolio of hotels, we tapped a hospitality veteran, the son of our founder and someone who, like his father, has been known to conduct cleanliness inspections while touring hotels – our Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board, Bill Marriott. Take a look.

As you saw in the video, Marriott has put in place a multi-pronged approach designed to meet the health and safety challenges presented by COVID-19. Below is an overview of the key components of Marriott’s Commitment to Cleanliness and you can read more details about our plan here.

Marriott Global Cleanliness Council: Consisting of in-house and outside experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel operations, the council will work to develop a new generation of global hospitality cleanliness standards, norms and behaviors for our more than 7,300 properties around the globe.

New Cleaning Technologies: While our council develops its work, we have initiated plans to roll out enhanced technologies at our properties over the next few months, including electrostatic sprayers and the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to sanitize surfaces throughout hotels.

Cleaning Regimen Changes: When guests check into our hotels over the next few months, they will notice a number of additions to our cleaning regimen designed to set an even higher standard of cleanliness for the hotels as well as modifications to associate-guest protocols developed to be consistent with recommended social distancing guidelines.

The steps we’re taking on cleanliness and new hospitality norms are as much about the health and safety of associates as they are about our guests. If we’ve learned anything during this pandemic, it is that we are all in this together. By taking care of associates and following these new protocols – we will be collectively taking care of our guests and the global community.

We are all facing an historic battle and most days it is simply about rolling up our sleeves to fight that battle. There are countless moments of humanity and resilience – I see them in how our hotel teams and individual associates are responding to the crisis around them. And that fills me with tremendous hope for the future.

We don’t know when the COVID-19 pandemic will be over or when our lives will return to some sort of normalcy. But we want our guests and our associates to know that when the time comes to travel once again, we will be ready to welcome them back to a safe and clean hotel environment.

Arne Sorenson
I got that too. I can’t wait to get to the Swalphin again.

@shoreward -- it says "eGiftCard Delivery Date should not exceed 3 months from date of order." Do you know what that means? Do we have to use it within three months? We stay at Marriotts all the time for work and visiting our kids at college in addition to the S/D. I'd stock up if they were good indefinitely.

Maybe I'll call and see if I can get someone on the line who knows.

-----

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. It means you can't have the ecard delivered more than 3 months out.

I'm still going to call and check on expiration dates just to be sure.

------

They never expire ... FAQ https://gifts.marriott.com/faq.html

Last edited:
@shoreward -- it says "eGiftCard Delivery Date should not exceed 3 months from date of order." Do you know what that means? Do we have to use it within three months? We stay at Marriotts all the time for work and visiting our kids at college in addition to the S/D. I'd stock up if they were good indefinitely.

Maybe I'll call and see if I can get someone on the line who knows.

-----

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. It means you can't have the ecard delivered more than 3 months out.

I'm still going to call and check on expiration dates just to be sure.

------

They never expire ... FAQ https://gifts.marriott.com/faq.html
Sounds like they are saying it could take 3 months to get your gift card so don't plan on using it for at least 3 months.

On a separate note, this sounds like a good deal. Stack that with AAA or other discounts as PP said as well as purchasing with a Marriott Credit Card (which I assume) gives you bonus points.

On a separate note, this sounds like a good deal. Stack that with AAA or other discounts as PP said as well as purchasing with a Marriott Credit Card (which I assume) gives you bonus points.

Has anyone used these type of egift cards before? It seems like a good deal but was it a hassle trying to pay for your rooms with them? Do you just present the email with the gift card at check in? Or Check out? If you do not use the whole balance, I would assume there is not a problem saving that for a future stay?

Sounds like they are saying it could take 3 months to get your gift card so don't plan on using it for at least 3 months.
When the order is placed, you select the date that you want the egift card sent, as the cards can be purchased as gifts. So, if the card is ordered as a birthday gift, you can request that it be emailed to the recipient on their birthday, as long as that is within three months. You can select any date within that timeframe, including the same date that you place the order, subject to any limitations of verifying your order, etc.

When the order is placed, you select the date that you want the egift card sent, as the cards can be purchased as gifts. So, if the card is ordered as a birthday gift, you can request that it be emailed to the recipient on their birthday, as long as that is within three months. You can select any date within that timeframe, including the same date that you place the order, subject to any limitations of verifying your order, etc.
Ah good to know. I feel like they could word that a little better on their site. Thanks for clarifying!

Arne Sorenson
The thing that gets me is that nowhere does it state that they’ll change all linens between guests. I think that should be standard at any time but especially now.

The thing that gets me is that nowhere does it state that they’ll change all linens between guests. I think that should be standard at any time but especially now.

I’ve never stayed in a hotel or timeshare where all the linens aren’t changed out between guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter