Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi! So my husband received became a Marriott rewards member for a trip he took for work a few months ago. I didnt realize the swan and dolphin were Marriott hotels so we are highly debating for our trip next year since we had to cancel out trip for this month ☹

So I know Swan has queen beds instead of double at dolphin, but do either of the hotels have bathtubs? Or only showers?? Also- if you had the choice, which would you prefer? It will be us 2 and our just turned 5 yo son. Thank you!!
You really can't go wrong with either hotel however, I prefer being at the Dolphin for the proximity to some of the restaurants. Although, I do prefer the queen beds over doubles.

Both resorts have bathtubs.

It really is just a preference thing. I like the Swan for the queen beds, the smaller size, the slightly shorter walk to Boardwalk, and the generally quiet feel of the place. OTOH, The Dolphin would be nice for the more exciting vibe, access to restaurants, access to laundry room and pool area, access to services like the car rental place, and easy walk to the mini golf course.

Hi! So my husband received became a Marriott rewards member for a trip he took for work a few months ago. I didnt realize the swan and dolphin were Marriott hotels so we are highly debating for our trip next year since we had to cancel out trip for this month ☹

So I know Swan has queen beds instead of double at dolphin, but do either of the hotels have bathtubs? Or only showers?? Also- if you had the choice, which would you prefer? It will be us 2 and our just turned 5 yo son. Thank you!!
With 2 plus 1 child, factor in that you can get a Dolphin room with a king and a pretty darn nice sleeper sofa. Peoples' wants/needs are different. We want to be close to the pool complex. So we like Dolphin better. We are pretty much going to the pool for a little while each day, and we let the hotel know we want to be as close to the pool as possible when reserving a room. If you were doing park touring every day, and then planning on a pool visit every day, if you stayed in a room far from the pool, those steps will start to add up on your feet after a few days. That's our biggest reason for Dolphin over Swan. I like both, however, and if either was cheaper than the other for whatever reason, it would really depend on the price difference vs the pool walk for us. But again, we're going to the pool every day. Sometimes twice per day. (That grotto waterfall is a nice shoulder massager right before bed.)

Both resorts have bathtubs.
Correct but not in all rooms. @sapphirerose915 mentioned a 5 yr old in her party.

During the last room refresh the Swan King rooms got glass-enclosed showers. The last 3 rooms we had in the Swan were all King rooms and all had the new shower.

The Dolphin should also have a mix of bathtubs & the new glass-enclosed shower rooms.

Dave

@Dave006 -- I did not know that! We'll try that room out next time, assuming the pullout sofa is big enough for our son.

Can you get King rooms connecting to Q/Q rooms at the Swan? Do the King alcove rooms have the new glass shower?

With 2 plus 1 child, factor in that you can get a Dolphin room with a king and a pretty darn nice sleeper sofa. Peoples' wants/needs are different. We want to be close to the pool complex. So we like Dolphin better. We are pretty much going to the pool for a little while each day, and we let the hotel know we want to be as close to the pool as possible when reserving a room. If you were doing park touring every day, and then planning on a pool visit every day, if you stayed in a room far from the pool, those steps will start to add up on your feet after a few days. That's our biggest reason for Dolphin over Swan. I like both, however, and if either was cheaper than the other for whatever reason, it would really depend on the price difference vs the pool walk for us. But again, we're going to the pool every day. Sometimes twice per day. (That grotto waterfall is a nice shoulder massager right before bed.)
That is a great option!! Especially with the pool proximity... we def plan on pool visits daily so that is some great info!

Correct but not in all rooms. @sapphirerose915 mentioned a 5 yr old in her party.

During the last room refresh the Swan King rooms got glass-enclosed showers. The last 3 rooms we had in the Swan were all King rooms and all had the new shower.

The Dolphin should also have a mix of bathtubs & the new glass-enclosed shower rooms.

Dave
Most of the pictures I have seen online have the glass shower, and with a young one I'm not sure that will do!! Thanks for your response!!

So I know Swan has queen beds instead of double at dolphin, but do either of the hotels have bathtubs? Or only showers?? Also- if you had the choice, which would you prefer? It will be us 2 and our just turned

Dave
Yes, generally speaking, the Swan's King rooms have walk-in showers, while the Queen/Queen rooms have tub/shower combo. The exception is handicapped accessible Queen/Queen rooms, which, I believe, have the shower, only, for the most part.

Especially with the pool proximity... we def plan on pool visits daily so that is some great info!
If the pool proximity is important, and you are staying at the Dolphin, make sure to request close, very close to the pool area. The common pool area is equidistant from both the S and the D, but if you are in the farther reaches of the Dolphin, you will be very far from the pool area, farther than any area at the Swan. Each of the respective lap pools are close by to their respective hotels. Closer D rooms can be up to about 200 or so feet closer to the common pool area that the S.

That is a great option!! Especially with the pool proximity... we def plan on pool visits daily so that is some great info!
If you look at the Dolphin's layout, here's a possible option for you. I've written it in this thread somewhere:

Look at the hotel's bank of rooms that run down the hallway that have patios facing the pond that is near the Dolphin's lap pool. There's an entrance to the pool area near the fitness room. The hallway runs away from the fitness room towards across from the pond. Those are my JAM. The patios have sliding doors so you can hop right on to the pool walkway. Also, there's an outdoor path up to the bus stop (unless construction is in the way?) You're also a short walk from Picabu. I think the rooms are 1300's?

If you look at the Dolphin's layout, here's a possible option for you. I've written it in this thread somewhere:

Look at the hotel's bank of rooms that run down the hallway that have patios facing the pond that is near the Dolphin's lap pool. There's an entrance to the pool area near the fitness room. The hallway runs away from the fitness room towards across from the pond. Those are my JAM. The patios have sliding doors so you can hop right on to the pool walkway. Also, there's an outdoor path up to the bus stop (unless construction is in the way?) You're also a short walk from Picabu. I think the rooms are 1300's?
Awesome info!! Thank you!!

Now that Don Shula has passed away do you think Shula's will remain as it is or become something totally new and different?
We have eaten there twice, both excellent meals. One sitting next to Hank Aaron!

Now that Don Shula has passed away do you think Shula's will remain as it is or become something totally new and different?
We have eaten there twice, both excellent meals. One sitting next to Hank Aaron!
I don't see anything changing. It is a profitable group of restaurants.

I don't see anything changing. It is a profitable group of restaurants.
Agreed. He, as many celebrities do, for the most part, 'lent' his name and star power to the restaurant group, made up of 20 different restaurants around the country. At least one of his children, Dave, is involved with the restaurant group.

Today would have been our check in day. Pretty disappointed since I was really looking forward our first stay at the Dolphin.

We are rebooking but don't know where. The original trip has now changed a lot. Our group went from 6 adults and 1 child to 2 adults and 3 kids - I'm going with my mom, DD and taking my 2 nieces.
I know Dolphin rooms can fit 5, but is that a specific category or we just ask for a rollaway (I saw the $25 a night charge)?

Right now I have us booked at CBR (after changing from ASMu and then POR 😝) but I do love the Swolphin's location!

Today would have been our check in day. Pretty disappointed since I was really looking forward our first stay at the Dolphin.

We are rebooking but don't know where. The original trip has now changed a lot. Our group went from 6 adults and 1 child to 2 adults and 3 kids - I'm going with my mom, DD and taking my 2 nieces.
I know Dolphin rooms can fit 5, but is that a specific category or we just ask for a rollaway (I saw the $25 a night charge)?

Right now I have us booked at CBR (after changing from ASMu and then POR 😝) but I do love the Swolphin's location!

Aww, I know that despite all going on the world, that totally stinks! No where I’d rather be today than Disney!

I’ve stayed a few times at the Dolphin and Swan, and at the Dolphin if you book a room with two double beds, you just request a rollaway. IMHO that is TIGHT! My friend did it years ago, when we both brought our kids without our husbands. I had a king room with a rollaway (my kids were like 5 & 7 or 6 & 8 I forget). Back then they didn’t charge for them, and my room had a sofa sleeper but it was odd and couldn’t open, so I had them remove it and bring the rollaway. Much easier for me to sleep in a larger bed with one kid, and the older one who was a kicker in his sleep got the rollaway. My friend has 4 boys, my kids’ ages then twins a year younger than the next (yes she had 4 kids in 3 years). She got a room with double beds and a rollaway, and it worked for her. She’s very short, so took the rollaway bed. So long story but just booking a room with two beds can allow a rollaway.

I totally agree that I love the location, more upscale feel, and perks if you’re Bonvoy elite (we got free breakfast and a suite upgrade last trip there). But, 2 adults and 3 kids to some is fine in a room, to me I’d never in my life do that and get any decent rest. If you look on the Swan and Dolphin website, they do offer a deal for a discounted second room for families. It used to be guaranteed connected rooms, and I think you may have to call?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter