Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Just wanting confirmation of something I'm pretty sure is true - if Im staying at the Dolphin, I CANNOT book Fastpasses for lunch at Be Our Guest in the Magic Kingdom, correct?

I thought you could book BOG with A dolphin res...it's in the MDE app as our hotel:confused3 and the last time we stayed there (our first) I just politely asked at checkin where our room was,and if it had a view of the lake, I don't know what she did, but we had SUCH a view..... I assume if they are available, and you are polite(not demanding) they do their best to make you happy(?) Frankly, just being there,in that PERFECT setting is enough for me!

I just looked at our reservation paperwork from May to give you an idea: Our trip was May 5-10.

all rates were AAA with $50 resort credit per room
1/6 booked 2 standard view rooms base rate $215
1/24 changed to 2 resort view rooms base rate $233
3/7 rate dropped to $207 for 2 resort view rooms
4/22 (two weeks before trip!) rate dropped to $167

I have no idea how the nurse/teacher rates compared to those. We were there right before Mother's Day and Star Wars weekends began so a relatively slow week. We used the two $50 resort credits at the pool bar restaurant which was quite nice on our arrival night for dinner before heading to Studios for eve. emh ( a tip from someone on these boards :thumbsup2)

Good luck!

Thanks, again!

May is our favorite time. We would love to go then, but our oldest attends a HS with a ridiculous attendance policy (4 day absence and they fail) so it's really not possible to go any time during the school year anymore.

We have been wanting to stay in the Epcot area for years, but this time we finally feel like it's a "necessity". Our kids are thrilled with the idea that they can walk places and feel more confident heading out on their own. They are looking forward to some sibling bonding at Disney before our oldest leaves for college, so this will be the perfect setting. And DH & I are looking forward to some dining and relaxing without the kids on vacation (a first for us).

Just wanting confirmation of something I'm pretty sure is true - if Im staying at the Dolphin, I CANNOT book Fastpasses for lunch at Be Our Guest in the Magic Kingdom, correct?
i don't believe so. We leave in 2 weeks and I've not been able to get the BOG lunch site to work for us with our confirmation numbers. Thankfully I scored a 4pm dinner which I think will be better then the lunch. So keep at it!

Just home yesterday from a completely last minute Swan stay. As in get out of the shower Sunday morning and my husband says "I need to get away somewhere warm, lets head to Orlando". Managed a sweet AAA rate at the Swan of $167 and snagged an Ohana ADR for this past Tuesday evening and we were on the road.
Check in was smooth and I believe we received an SPG upgrade from standard room to 5th floor balcony with a view of BW and SSE.
Bus service was good, as was boat to both HS and EPCOT.
The parks were another story...... MK was a zoo so claustrophobic that we only stayed a few hours.

On to my quick question:

If I book Swan/Dolphin can I book FP+ 60 days out or is it 30 days? Considering dropping my $400 a night with a discount BC reservation for Spring Break for a $250 a night Swan instead.

If I book Swan/Dolphin can I book FP+ 60 days out or is it 30 days? Considering dropping my $400 a night with a discount BC reservation for Spring Break for a $250 a night Swan instead.[/QUOTE]

YES!!! I just booked 60 days out. Had been checking a few days before, and it only showed 30 days out, but at exactly 60 days out, it allowed me to book FP!

On to my quick question:

If I book Swan/Dolphin can I book FP+ 60 days out or is it 30 days? Considering dropping my $400 a night with a discount BC reservation for Spring Break for a $250 a night Swan instead.

Swan/Dolphin guests can book FP+ 60 days out. However, as previously mentioned, Swan/Dolphin guests can't book fastpasses for Be Our Guest lunch.

We went for the food and wine festival Sept 29 - October 4th. Check in was a nightmare - we had a car and waited for 15 minutes before we could leave it with someone. Their parking lot was closed for self parking. During the course of our stay, they would take forever to get our car. I made ressies over the phone for two rooms. They put us far apart (two different elevator banks) and said they had no other rooms available. On our last night someone banged on my door at 3:30 am. I asked who it was and he said Mike and I said wrong room! I then heard about 1/2 an hour later a girl banging on the door across the hall and getting aggravated because they wouldn't wake up and let her in. I complained to front desk and they removed my charges for the valet but honestly except for the convenience to Epcot, there is nothing here IMHO. I would rather be at a Disney Resort!

Just an FYI for those of you looking for better rates...I was able to book the Dolphin, on Orbitz, for $108 last week for the weekend of Nov. 14. I was so impressed with the price I immediately canceled my pass holder rate at CSR and booked a car. Still coming out ahead. :cool1:

This short trip is a surprise for my oldest's 13th birthday! I can't wait to try this new resort. It's a very short trip, but is there anything we shouldn't miss at the resort?

Just an FYI for those of you looking for better rates...I was able to book the Dolphin, on Orbitz, for $108 last week for the weekend of Nov. 14. I was so impressed with the price I immediately canceled my pass holder rate at CSR and booked a car. Still coming out ahead. :cool1:

This short trip is a surprise for my oldest's 13th birthday! I can't wait to try this new resort. It's a very short trip, but is there anything we shouldn't miss at the resort?
Have a great trip. What a great rate!!!

I think some of the Christmas decorations should be up, they are always so pretty. at both the Swan and the Dolphin. The restaurants there are great, make sure to try a few. Your son may enjoy Fresh and Garden Grove. If looking for a splurge for your now new teenager, and if he and you are steak eaters, try Shula's. Definitely a splurge, but great. Depending on the weather, the swimming area is also great withthe Grotto pool area.

Enjoy a great resort.

I think some of the Christmas decorations should be up, they are always so pretty. at both the Swan and the Dolphin. The restaurants there are great, make sure to try a few. Your son may enjoy Fresh and Garden Grove. If looking for a splurge for your now new teenager, and if he and you are steak eaters, try Shula's. Definitely a splurge, but great. Depending on the weather, the swimming area is also great withthe Grotto pool area.

Enjoy a great resort.

From past arrivals on Thanksgiving weekend - I wouldn't expect the Swan and Dolphin's Christmas decorations to go up until that week.

Enjoy a great resort.

Thanks for the tips on dinning. I love steak, him, not so much. He's a huge breakfast eater, so I'm sure we'll do something special for breakfast.

Thanks for the tips on dinning. I love steak, him, not so much. He's a huge breakfast eater, so I'm sure we'll do something special for breakfast.
Fresh is great for breakfast.

http://allears.net/dining/menu/fresh-mediterranean-market/breakfast

Garden Grove is nice too.

http://allears.net/dining/menu/garden-grove-cafe/breakfast

AAA 20% available at both, if you have membership.

Cape May over at the Beach Club is just a short walk also.

http://allears.net/dining/menu/cape-may-cafe/breakfast

Please tell me your experience if you have switched rooms.

I am almost ready to book the room (Swan). The lst 3 days would be a standard room with my dh ff miles. One of those days is sold out for online booking through the s/d website.

The remaining 4 days we will pay for ourselves and it would be one of the renovated rooms, I think resort view.

Just wondering if our room would be ready. My goal is to just move from one room to another and get going to a parkas close to 11 am or sooner.

Hope the rehab and recovery is going well Dan.

Does anyone have any insight into what is going on at the Swan and Dolphin for the week of June 13, 2015-June 19, 2015? They are both showing completely sold out; and yet the week before and the week after is showing availability with pretty decent rates.

For a variety of reasons, we may end up at Pop Century no matter what, but, still; I am puzzled that both hotels are booked up that week.

:(

Most likely the rooms are blocked off for one or more conferences. Sometimes rooms are released back into inventory as the event gets closer, but there is no way to know for sure.

I did notice that both resorts are available for the period June 13-20. Can you add a day to your trip?

Dan, How is the knee rehab going?

.....Hope the rehab and recovery is going well Dan.
Thanks for asking, guys. It's coming along, better every day. Was in the nursing home rehab for 2 weeks post hospital, came home from there 2 weeks ago. Now doing outpatient physical therapy 3 times a week...going later this morning. They do give a work out there. :faint: But making good progress. I have about 6 more weeks of outpatient. :cool1: Again, thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter