Warriors WISHing for Spring!

Thanks everyone! It's fun to see everyone back here again! We've been a quiet bunch...

I registered for the lottery for the NYC Marathon in November. I'm sure I won't get in because I'm relatively local but I figure it can't hurt to try. I might get lucky! The $200+ registration fee makes Disney look inexpensive!
I also signed up to run a local half marathon in October. Early registration was $40 and I really enjoyed the race in 2011. Nice t-shirt, nice medal, nice course, nice people. Not a lot of spectators or entertainment but that's not always necessary. I'm planning to sign up for the More Magazine Women's Half in Central Park on 4/15. I ran it last year and loved it. Registration opens 1/9. I want to run Disneyland this year but my DH has made a strong argument against it. Our kids start school the day after Labor Day and my son doesn't do well with transitions. He thinks starting the school year with jet lag is a bad idea. I guess I'll have to argue for Tinkerbell in 2013 so I can get my C2C medal! :lmao:

Amanda

I mostly wanted to pop on today and wish all of you marathon weekenders a fantastic time! Whatever event you do I hope it's a wonderful experience. I have to admit I'm a little jealous!

Sarah- so excited that you're finding out the sex of your baby and very pleased that you're taking it easy.

Jeremy- glad you've had some fun racing and a very impressive year total.

Looking after a husband with sickness bug right now- not pleasant! I learnt an obvious lesson on weds- doing speed work the morning after giving blood will make you light headed! Almost at the end of week 3 on the plan :)

Hi Warriors!
We got back from Marathon Weekend on Monday. We had a wonderful weekend and I finished my 1st full marathon!!!
Friday my kids ran the kid races. It was well-done and very cute. Somehow I ended up running with each of my 3 kids! I guess I can add the 100m, 200m, and 400m to my weekend mileage! :rotfl2:
Saturday my DH ran his 1st half. I was a little worried because his longest training walk was 8 miles. He made it to mile 10 but had severe ankle pain. My parents, kids, and I had a blast handing out twirlers in front of the Grand Floridian. I saw Kathy go by and yelled her name but she didn't hear me. She looked good!
Sunday was my marathon. The 1st 20 miles went well. Then I overheated and started drinking too much fluid because I felt dehydrated. Oops. I did finish but probably had some hyponatremia and heat stroke. I was pretty disoriented at the finish. I did make it back to the hotel and spent the next few hours recovering. My legs were sore but not terrible. I feel really good now!
Next week I'll start easing back into running. I have my next half marathon on April 15th. I thought I'd try Goofy next year but now that it's done I think I need another full marathon under my belt. So Mickey it is for 2013!

Amanda

Thanks Amanda for yelling my name. I get so into the race I really do not hear much. I just want to make sure I finish and not get swept. Maybe as time goes on and I pick up a little speed I will feel more confident

Tahks again
Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter