WDW Annual Pass Timing Speculation

I think it makes a difference where you bought your tickets. I got mine direct from Disney online and this is what it looks like on the website. Change ticket option is on the bottom left.

View attachment 751768
Thanks for posting this. I bought from Undercover Tourist and my screen looks different. It's pretty frustrating because it means I'll have to return them and lose 5% on their restocking fee. Their FAQ claims there's no difference between their tickets and tickets purchased direct from Disney but clearly that's not true.
Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 8.34.25 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 8.35.07 AM.png

I think it makes a difference where you bought your tickets. I got mine direct from Disney online and this is what it looks like on the website. Change ticket option is on the bottom left.

View attachment 751768
Another one who bought through UT and mine shows the change ticket. I'm not pressing it until the 20th but push comes to shove I will be at the Dolphin on the 20th so can just walk to GS at the IG to get mine changed. At least I think I can, I don't remember if GS at that gate is inside or outside the touch point and I have an AK reservation that day. I think it's inside security but outside the touch point.

Questions:

So, I was asking if one of the recent Disneyland Resort Magic Key sales to the public was online only? What were the restrictions and work-arounds allowed by Disney? Were they able to trade in other admission media? Were there payment plans available in that one?

I would like some Magic Key holders to step up and give us their experience info please. Thank you.

If I remember correctly, people were able to upgrade existing tickets at least in some cases at the ticket booth at the parks, but not online or over the phone. Payment plans for DLR are only available for California residents.

There is a thread in the DLR forum with a lot of this information.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...-selling-select-magic-key-pass-today.3901829/

The highest tier pass for DLR is still available now, almost three months later. The second highest was available for at least a couple of weeks.

Another one who bought through UT and mine shows the change ticket. I'm not pressing it until the 20th but push comes to shove I will be at the Dolphin on the 20th so can just walk to GS at the IG to get mine changed. At least I think I can, I don't remember if GS at that gate is inside or outside the touch point and I have an AK reservation that day. I think it's inside security but outside the touch point.
Guest Relations window at IG is past security directly to the left of the tapstiles iirc. You don’t have to tap in.

Seems to be mixed results with UT purchased tickets as far as being able to change them online. I wonder what the discrepancy is? Or maybe it’s just that Disney IT is more likely to glitch with tickets that are manually linked?

Why couldn't you still purchase with the new address? They aren't asking you for proof at moment of purchase just the address. Then when you go the first time you will provide the proof, which if you wait until after you close you will be fine.
Ahhh did not realize that was when you provided proof. I will definitely have to do that then. thanks for the info.

Thinking about the insane line on park day trying to get your AP pass activated because you will also have people trying to upgrade their tickets. I wish they'd just activate at the turnstiles, especially if you don't have any other tickets in your account.

Thinking about the insane line on park day trying to get your AP pass activated because you will also have people trying to upgrade their tickets. I wish they'd just activate at the turnstiles, especially if you don't have any other tickets in your account.
I never activate at the park, I go to the Tickets location at Disney Springs on arrival and do it there.

Thanks for posting this. I bought from Undercover Tourist and my screen looks different. It's pretty frustrating because it means I'll have to return them and lose 5% on their restocking fee. Their FAQ claims there's no difference between their tickets and tickets purchased direct from Disney but clearly that's not true.
View attachment 751874
View attachment 751875
I've been back and forth on this with UT, because we want to add a day...Ive been given some conflicting information via chat and email but just spoke to someone who was very helpful and walked me through it.
- you can add a day at guest services BEFORE entering the first park
-you can buy a new ticket from them ( with the added day), then give them the order number and they will refund 100%, no fee.
-you can go to MDE, tickets, then "change ticket". Its on the left under the name- NOT the drop down "reassign ticket" option.
I didn't proceed because I want to first try to figure out how much it will cost to do this. I'll have to call WDW I guess?

I know this may not be helpful as far as an AP, but wanted to share in case.

I've been back and forth on this with UT, because we want to add a day...Ive been given some conflicting information via chat and email but just spoke to someone who was very helpful and walked me through it.
- you can add a day at guest services BEFORE entering the first park
-you can buy a new ticket from them ( with the added day), then give them the order number and they will refund 100%, no fee.
-you can go to MDE, tickets, then "change ticket". Its on the left under the name- NOT the drop down "reassign ticket" option.
I didn't proceed because I want to first try to figure out how much it will cost to do this. I'll have to call WDW I guess?

I know this may not be helpful as far as an AP, but wanted to share in case.
There *is* no change tickets link though.

There *is* no change tickets link though.
Mine apparently updated today to have a change tix option...doesn't work right now (error code when you click it)...but the button is new. (Someone mentioned it in a DVC thread, so I checked my account as well.) We'll see if it works on Thursday, lol. We are prepared to just keep the current tix for May and buy APs to activate in December with plans to use them next summer as well...but it'd be nice to just upgrade for less and use APs in May. (If Disney hadn't conditioned me to fear that APs won't be sold again when I want to buy, I'd just wait awhile...)

Mine apparently updated today to have a change tix option...doesn't work right now (error code when you click it)...but the button is new. (Someone mentioned it in a DVC thread, so I checked my account as well.) We'll see if it works on Thursday, lol. We are prepared to just keep the current tix for May and buy APs to activate in December with plans to use them next summer as well...but it'd be nice to just upgrade for less and use APs in May. (If Disney hadn't conditioned me to fear that APs won't be sold again when I want to buy, I'd just wait awhile...)
Thanks for the heads up. The link is there for me now too.

This is how it looked last week:
Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 8.34.25 AM.png

This is how it looks now:
Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 7.30.42 AM.png

This is what I get when I click the link:
Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 7.30.30 AM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter