WDW Annual Pass Timing Speculation

So it was a mess lol. At 6 am you could add the pass to your cart but almost no one could check out, then they took the site down so everyone was getting the Dwarves page unless you had tried to purchase, then you were in infinite spinning on the Woody page. Just before 9 am they dropped anyone who was still getting the dwarves page into a virtual queue. Anyone who had managed to get AP's in their cart and was stuck on the Woody page, finally were able to check out.

You could only buy new AP's online, if you wanted to upgrade tickets you had to call. Folks posting said that hold times were pretty long (2 hours ish) but most everyone who called in was successful in upgrading to AP's. I am a FL res as well as DVC and the only passes available to me to purchase were Pixie (which we already have) and Sorcerer. The others said "currently unavailable".

I saw the chaos going on when I got up at 6 and decided to wait, a little after 9 I hopped in the queue and was able to get to the AP purchase screen in about 45 minutes and purchased our sorcerer passes without any errors or issues.

I really hope they have fixed the process for the 20th!

Technically the wording was no earlier than 6am, so in reality was 9am was the actual time to start purchasing...lol

So I'm in a werid position where i'm working remotely in florida while my house is being built here in Florida. I have a temporary address with a local friend but I'm trying to figure out what proof of residency I can use to get my Pirate Pass. Any tips?
I redid my car insurance and got a declaration page with the new address and it shows the new address but still states the car location as "Cleveland" or "ohio insurance ID card". How hard do they look for car insurance? Man I wish they accepted pay stubs.

So I'm in a werid position where i'm working remotely in florida while my house is being built here in Florida. I have a temporary address with a local friend but I'm trying to figure out what proof of residency I can use to get my Pirate Pass. Any tips?
I redid my car insurance and got a declaration page with the new address and it shows the new address but still states the car location as "Cleveland" or "ohio insurance ID card". How hard do they look for car insurance? Man I wish they accepted pay stubs.
Do you have a credit card, bank statement with FL address? Perhaps a copy of the rental agreement for where you are staying. Sometimes the folks at guest relations can be very understanding if you stop by and explain your situation.....

Do you have a credit card, bank statement with FL address? Perhaps a copy of the rental agreement for where you are staying. Sometimes the folks at guest relations can be very understanding if you stop by and explain your situation.....
I recently opened up a new bank account on april 10th but have not gotten a statement with them just yet. Maybe I'll ask them to print out something at the bank.
Unfortunately rent is more under the table or at an airbnb. I just want my house completed! haha.

I recently opened up a new bank account on april 10th but have not gotten a statement with them just yet. Maybe I'll ask them to print out something at the bank.
Unfortunately rent is more under the table or at an airbnb. I just want my house completed! haha.
Bank statement will work. I have seen people show their active bank account on their iPhone with a FL address before!!
I would give that a try. Like I said, the cast members at guest relations can be very helpful once you explain your situation. Good luck with the new abode

Usually my statements are a bit later but I changed my ccs late last month. I do have one CC statement i can print out :) Maybe that will work.

does anyone know how upgrades are going to work? I have a pixie that expires in October... I'd love to be able to move to a sorcerer or pirate pass on Thursday... Can I do this online, or will I need to call?

does anyone know how upgrades are going to work? I have a pixie that expires in October... I'd love to be able to move to a sorcerer or pirate pass on Thursday... Can I do this online, or will I need to call?
You can do it online. The CM I spoke with when I called said that an "upgrade" button will appear once sales of all the passes begin. He said you could do it in the My Disney Experience app or at disneyworld dot disney dot go dot com/passes. If you have a problem online, then call. There will probably be a wait, but from what I hear, it's all hands on deck for call center CMs tomorrow. BTW, there's no proration if you upgrade in the middle of your pass year - you will pay the difference between the cost of the upgraded pass you choose and the Pixie, but your expiration date will not change.

You can do it online. The CM I spoke with when I called said that an "upgrade" button will appear once sales of all the passes begin. He said you could do it in the My Disney Experience app or at disneyworld dot disney dot go dot com/passes. If you have a problem online, then call. There will probably be a wait, but from what I hear, it's all hands on deck for call center CMs tomorrow. BTW, there's no proration if you upgrade in the middle of your pass year - you will pay the difference between the cost of the upgraded pass you choose and the Pixie, but your expiration date will not change.
so does that mean I will pay for a full year of the upgrade even though I will only have say 4 months of the enhanced pass?

As I understand this, new FL residents (my uncle) of a local FL senior apt (he doesn't drive any more) complex are EXCLUDED from FL AP because he pays rent & has an annual lease but not a mortgage? That doesn't seem fair.
Did you read further down? He can use mail.

Did you read further down? He can use mail.
Ha! LOL! No. I panicked instead. I'm not sure what he pays for with his rent but it seems most utilities are included & I had reassured my cousin her dad would be able to do WDW with his friend moving into same place with the FL AP. Should have checked 1st. THANKS!!!

Ha! LOL! No. I panicked instead. I'm not sure what he pays for with his rent but it seems most utilities are included & I had reassured my cousin her dad would be able to do WDW with his friend moving into same place with the FL AP. Should have checked 1st. THANKS!!!
Utilities and bank statements work to verify. I suspect there will be something on the list that works for him.

I know you can see list now but I HIGHLY suggest he get a Florida Identification Card (non driving ID) so he has an official ID. Getting that with his current address will be all he needs, but it is important he have one anyway. There might be instances he has to prove who he is. And he can use a Bank Statement with his FL address on it, I assume he'll have one of those. If he collects Social Security his statement from them will have his new address.

I know you can see list now but I HIGHLY suggest he get a Florida Identific'tion Card (non driving ID) so he has an official ID. Getting that with his current address will be all he needs, but it is important he have one anyway. There might be instances he has to prove who he is. And he can use a Bank Statement with his FL address on it, I assume he'll have one of those. If he collects Social Security his statement from them will have his new address.
Thank you very much (& SHEILAFRI) ... He's newly dependent upon others now (though I can imagine him trying to zoom on his scooter down Main Street LOL)...So this info (& reassurance) is really helpful. :earsboy::thanks::thanks::car:

Thank you very much (& SHEILAFRI) ... He's newly dependent upon others now (though I can imagine him trying to zoom on his scooter down Main Street LOL)...So this info (& reassurance) is really helpful. :earsboy::thanks::thanks::car:
It's a very difficult transition to make, the loss of some independence. Hopefully some magical time at Disney will help him enjoy his new lifestyle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter