WDW Annual Pass Timing Speculation

I've been back and forth on this with UT, because we want to add a day...Ive been given some conflicting information via chat and email but just spoke to someone who was very helpful and walked me through it.
- you can add a day at guest services BEFORE entering the first park
-you can buy a new ticket from them ( with the added day), then give them the order number and they will refund 100%, no fee.
-you can go to MDE, tickets, then "change ticket". Its on the left under the name- NOT the drop down "reassign ticket" option.
I didn't proceed because I want to first try to figure out how much it will cost to do this. I'll have to call WDW I guess?

I know this may not be helpful as far as an AP, but wanted to share in case.
I got PHs from UT and when I went to make my park reservations realized I needed one more day (math, hate it). I just went on MDE and added a day through Disney. No problem although it cost as much to add the day through Disney as the discount from buying them through UT but I didn't want to deal with trying to go through UT to change the tickets and wanted to get my park reservations locked in. This was a month or so ago and I just used the change ticket button thingy. Now upgrading to an AP? Who knows. I plan on going to GS at the IG entrance to Epcot on the 20th, they are rarely busy. They don't open until park opens, not sure about early hours but I plan on being there at early hours and I'll just wait cause, you know it's Disney, waiting in line is what you do.

You're welcome! That's what mine looked like for before and after as well!
Interesting - mine goes into a menu that shows a bunch of options. But no annual pass. I have a single day ticket and it allows me to upgrade to park hopper or park hopper plus

178650F1-A900-4040-B996-77ECBB5C8D8C.jpeg

Attachments

• 44C3E3FB-D796-499E-B85A-FF59BF5F6192.png
    44C3E3FB-D796-499E-B85A-FF59BF5F6192.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Interesting - mine goes into a menu that shows a bunch of options. But no annual pass. I have a single day ticket and it allows me to upgrade to park hopper or park hopper plus
On the app I get a different message from the one I got on the website:

IMG_1684.jpg

Question regarding bridging a ticket...
If we have a ticket that includes memory maker and waterpark option, do we have to add that option when bridging to an AP? We're being told by ticketing that since our tickets include memory maker and water parks that we can bridge to APs on the 20th but HAVE to add the $99 photopass and $99 waterpark option to each AP?!

Question regarding bridging a ticket...
If we have a ticket that includes memory maker and waterpark option, do we have to add that option when bridging to an AP? We're being told by ticketing that since our tickets include memory maker and water parks that we can bridge to APs on the 20th but HAVE to add the $99 photopass and $99 waterpark option to each AP?!
I don't think they have actually told the CM's how it is going to work yet. I'm guessing they should know soon since DVC can buy at least one of their options on the 13th, there has even been some confusion if all the options will be available to them on the 13th or just one.

I don't think they have actually told the CM's how it is going to work yet. I'm guessing they should know soon since DVC can buy at least one of their options on the 13th, there has even been some confusion if all the options will be available to them on the 13th or just one.
This seems most likely. They just don’t know, and are guessing /Hoping.

I am expecting a frustrating day tomorrow, just hoping I can get it done. Sorta glad now that I don’t have other ticket media that I’m trying to upgrade, just want to straight up buy new APs. Fingers crossed for us all that want to get thru tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up. The link is there for me now too.

This is how it looked last week:
View attachment 752509

This is how it looks now:
View attachment 752510

This is what I get when I click the link:
View attachment 752511
this is what my UT tickets look like too. I’m not necessarily looking to upgrade to a pass but I might need to change the dates depending on a family emergency that I’m hoping doesn’t materialize. This thread has been helpful and I wanted to say thanks! (I’m still considering the pass but it’s been tough to convince DH)…

Here's a question for anyone who has upgraded outside of renewal in the past. I might want to upgrade 5 Pixie passes to Pirate. I want to upgrade all or none. Since there's a risk of Disney closing down sales/upgrades, I'm wondering if I can upgrade all of them together, the same way I buy Genie+ together. I purchased all of them in the first place, but at two different times (new 3 yo got hers later). All of the AP holders are in my friends and family list, if that matters.

Based on how it's going for DVCs opening of passes today, who is nervous for next week?! ✋
ME ME ME ME ME ME and come He** or high water I will get one lol
the only thing is I might decide to come to work early in case I get stuck in a queue or something, then at least I am here for the day!! Hope today helps them iron out some kinks. Poor DVC members being used as Guinea pigs here

I've planned to work from home to babysit some Disney queues and/or refresh carts. But I'm sure it will be better. Disney has to know how busy it will be... right?
While I think yes this was a trial run for Disney (I snagged my passes this morning). There are issues that Disney may not be able or at least willing to correct in a week. For those with multiple gift cards, you have to call in. For those with upgrades, some have to call in. On top of that it seems pretty clear that if the demand is there for DVC, it will most definitely be there for the general population. One thing Disney has done is increased the FOMO on passes to a fevered pitch, so folks who would normally wait to get them or not get them, will feel compelled to get them for fear that sales stop again or could go away all together. At the end of the day, it may be just like when Disney reopened, slammed wait times for a few days.

I've planned to work from home to babysit some Disney queues and/or refresh carts. But I'm sure it will be better. Disney has to know how busy it will be... right?
How the early morning goes will determine if I work that day…or take a leave day instead. I hope it will go smooth and starts early.

Any ideas on an actual time they will start on the 20th? I work 3rd shift from home, so I'll be able to take advantage of it if it is early in the day.

How the early morning goes will determine if I work that day…or take a leave day instead. I hope it will go smooth and starts early.
So it was a mess lol. At 6 am you could add the pass to your cart but almost no one could check out, then they took the site down so everyone was getting the Dwarves page unless you had tried to purchase, then you were in infinite spinning on the Woody page. Just before 9 am they dropped anyone who was still getting the dwarves page into a virtual queue. Anyone who had managed to get AP's in their cart and was stuck on the Woody page, finally were able to check out.

You could only buy new AP's online, if you wanted to upgrade tickets you had to call. Folks posting said that hold times were pretty long (2 hours ish) but most everyone who called in was successful in upgrading to AP's. I am a FL res as well as DVC and the only passes available to me to purchase were Pixie (which we already have) and Sorcerer. The others said "currently unavailable".

I saw the chaos going on when I got up at 6 and decided to wait, a little after 9 I hopped in the queue and was able to get to the AP purchase screen in about 45 minutes and purchased our sorcerer passes without any errors or issues.

I really hope they have fixed the process for the 20th!

It 'appears' that Disney IT waited until system went live to see what need to be fixed.
Thursday morning was crazy at the guest expense, IT saw what need to be fixed.
Afternoon the system was quick and easy.
Hopefully next Thur. 20th will be better prepared.🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter