WDW restaurants that are no more

JodyLynC

DIS Veteran
There may already be a thread out there somewhere, but I have not been able to find it. Are there restaurants you enjoyed at the world that are no longer there?

In the 80s there was a restaurant in Adventureland sponsored by Kikkoman. I don't remember what it was called, but I used to love their Teriyaki burgers and Hawaiian Chicken sandwiches. Anyone else remember this place?

Also, I remember when I was a child in the 70s that we used to eat at Pinocchio's Village Haus. I thought we got burgers and hot dogs, but now they serve pizza. Does anyone else remember this or are my memories faulty?

Jody

I don't recall the spots you reference but I for sure miss Alfredo's in EPCOT's Italy pavilion. And also -- really old school here --- when Tony's Town Square (or whatever it was called in the late '70s/early '80s) offered breakfast on the porch and - as a kid - you could run off and 'meet' a character in town square (no schedule) and then go back to breakfast.

It's still there but I miss when pecos Bill's served burgers. Not a huge tex mex fan myself so haven't eaten there since the menu changed.
I remember on my honeymoon getting a bacon cheeseburger, filling it with gherkins (pickles sorry!), Banana peppers and squirty plastic cheese. A messy but fulfilling experience 😂

Back in the 80s I remember having lunch at the Poly in the room that 'Ohana occupies now. The food was arranged buffet style, and there was a huge variety of it, set up along a wall. DH and myself were among only a handful of people in there at the time, but it was lovely.

Back in the 80s I remember having lunch at the Poly in the room that 'Ohana occupies now. The food was arranged buffet style, and there was a huge variety of it, set up along a wall. DH and myself were among only a handful of people in there at the time, but it was lovely.
Tangarora Terrace?

I'm sure there are more but these are what popped into my head as I was reading
Flagler's
Main St Bakery when it was Sara Lee
Alfredo's

Spoddles!!! (Not sure of spelling)
Yep. Spoodles, and then I think Cucina.

California Grill used to be Top of the World (or close to that) and a version of MVMCP was held there - if not once a season, still far less frequently than its held in the park.

Odyssey as a regular restaurant.

Papeete Bay Verandah!

There was a stage in there and singers. We ate there so many times in the 70s.

Some of these were already mentioned, but ...

- Alfredo’s in Epcot
- Spoodles at Boardwalk (oh, how I miss that breakfast!)
- Portobello Yacht Club at Downtown Disney
- Fulton’s Crab House at Downtown Disney

Still there, but I miss ..
-When Pecos Bill’s was a burger spot (but I have to say I do like the menu now! The fajita platter is a go-to for our family.)

-When Liberty Tree Tavern had a character dinner! I looooooved the themed outfits the characters wore.

I have fuzzy memories eating Mac n Cheese as a kid when Le Cellier used to be a cafeteria.

Also vague memories of an Aladdin restaurant and Beauty and the beast restaurant at what was MGM then. Anyone else know what I’m talking about? Early 90s.

Top of the World! My mom kept track of the celebrities she (and my dad) have seen perform there back in the day (including Phyllis Diller! I'm so jealous!)
Yes! My dad was so disappointed to hear that's no longer there. We loved eating up there.

I’ll add the Contemporary Steakhouse and Chef Mickey’s when it was in DTD.

The McDonald’s in what was then Downtowns Disney.

I still have the Cri-Kee toy from 1998.

As an adult, I have a rule that we can’t eat anywhere we can eat at home, but... if that McDonald’s was still open, it would be an exception.

I’ll agree with some of the PP.

Fulton’s
Alfredos
Spoodles

Not a restaurant but jalapeno pretzels

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter