WDW restaurants that are no more

Empress Lily and Alfredos - I also remember when The Crystal Palace was a cafeteria

I miss the restaurant (snack bar?) in the old game room in a lower level of the Contemporary.

My brother and I loved their hot ham and cheese sandwiches.
Yep, I do remember it In the 70s as the Fiesta Fun Centre. We used to breakfast there. They had food, caricature artists and games.

Ah, those were the days.

Yep. Spoodles, and then I think Cucina.

California Grill used to be Top of the World (or close to that) and a version of MVMCP was held there - if not once a season, still far less frequently than its held in the park.

Odyssey as a regular restaurant.

The Top of the World was the first restaurant I dined in while in WDW. It makes a series of firsts for me as an adult. First trip to Disney, first plane ride.

Some of these were already mentioned, but ...

- Alfredo’s in Epcot
- Spoodles at Boardwalk (oh, how I miss that breakfast!)
- Portobello Yacht Club at Downtown Disney
- Fulton’s Crab House at Downtown Disney

Still there, but I miss ..
-When Pecos Bill’s was a burger spot (but I have to say I do like the menu now! The fajita platter is a go-to for our family.)

-When Liberty Tree Tavern had a character dinner! I looooooved the themed outfits the characters wore.

I liked that character meal at Liberty Tree!
Empress Lilly
Empress Lily!

I also miss Concourse Steakhouse

1970's - Dining in Cinderella's Castle long before the days of ADR's. We would enter the Magic Kingdom, walk straight to the castle, and get a reservation for lunch which usually only had us waiting 15 minutes from the time we walked up to the reservation kiosk. The "Crepes Angelica" were heavenly! Ahhhh, those were so the real magical days of Disney.

Last edited:

Alfredo's was one of our must-hit places every time we went for a good 5-7 year span. We never actually ate at Spoodle's, despite staying at the BW pretty much every time we went, but I do remember walking by it every day. Alfredo's fettucine Alfredo was probably the best I ever had.

Yes, I remember the restaurant at MGM that had a Beauty and the Beast theme - you could meet Belle on the steps inside and take your picture. I still have the photo's... but I can't remember what it was called.

Yep. Spoodles, and then I think Cucina.

Cat Cora's place was Kouzzina.
It was good when it first opened. When we went a year later, the menu had changed and took a nose dive.

Sadly, that is the same with the current occupant, Trattoria al Forno. Fabulous for a few years, then our last visit was dreadful. :sad1:

I miss the restaurant (snack bar?) in the old game room in a lower level of the Contemporary.

My brother and I loved their hot ham and cheese sandwiches.

I loved that snack bar (QS?). But that’s mainly because it was right next to the arcade and was opened late. Man, I miss that arcade.

Cap'n Jack's at the old Downtown Disney. Not the best food in the world, but it holds the most memory for me and my wife. It was the first place we ate on our Honeymoon and was the first dinner we ate together as husband and wife. I remember getting a table by the window and looking out over the water. So sad it's gone.

Cat Cora's Kousina's
Spoodles

The restaurant that was in the current location Rainforest Cafe in Disney Springs. It had great views of the water and the food was good. Attached was a small jazz club (think Scat Cats at the Port Orleans French Quarter_

Cap't Jacks. The food was sometimes meh other times good. However the view was great (I love water front views). Worse case I would order raw oysters on the half shell. You really can't screw them up.

The tempura place at the Japanese Pavilion. Good food.

The Lounge at the front of the Japanese Pavilion. For a long time it was an undiscovered treasure. You could just show up and get a seat at a table. Order some sushi and a drink. While not the greatest sushi. It was a nice place to get around the crowd and the rain and just chill. In later years it became more crowded as sushi became more mainstream.

I have fuzzy memories eating Mac n Cheese as a kid when Le Cellier used to be a cafeteria.

Also vague memories of an Aladdin restaurant and Beauty and the beast restaurant at what was MGM then. Anyone else know what I’m talking about? Early 90s.

Yes! That’s what I was going to say!! The spitting camels (now at MK) we’re outside, and it was the BEST character meal with so many characters. In my memory, it’s where the Disney Jr. show is now, but I was about 10 the last time I was there, so I’m probably wrong on that.

Yes, I remember the restaurant at MGM that had a Beauty and the Beast theme - you could meet Belle on the steps inside and take your picture. I still have the photo's... but I can't remember what it was called.

I swear I remember that too, from our honeymoon trip in 2000, but it turns out I might have been remembering Chefs de France instead. :confused3 I wish I knew what the BatB one in MGM was so that I could prove myself not crazy.

Captain's Tavern at CBR had the BEST jerk chicken I have ever had. I was so sad it closed :(

Also miss:

pre-princess Akershus
Starring Rolls
Aunt Polly's - the turkey sandwiches were AMAZING
Concourse Steakhouse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter