Wearing a Birthday Pin

This may seem like a silly/stupid question. I'm currently a 31 year old male. II will be turning 32 a week from Saturday. I live locally, and my parents are coming down and we're hitting the parks Thurs-Sat. I just moved down last April when I bought an AP, so I have never been to a theme park during my birthday. Is it considered strange for someone like me to be wearing one of these pins? Is it generally meant for kids? I kind of want to wear one, but it's not like it's a special year.

Wear it! One of the best parts of going to Disney is getting to feel like a kid again! I wore a pin last year on my bday at Disneyland and it made the day so much more fun. And I'm probably going to do it again next month for birthday. Enjoy your day! Happy birthday btw!

Well DH & I are older than you and we're going to wear Anniversary buttons on our next trip. :) So I say "wear it!!" :)

Where's the best place in HS to get it? I know most people go to guest services, but with all the BG drama, etc, guest services at HS is kind of a nightmare in the morning. Will any of the stores carry them?

You'll see lots of pins!
Wear it and enjoy all the wishes and maybe a treat or 2.

I just got back from 2 weeks and wore one the whole time. I turned 66. Friend with me wore hers he whole time too.....turned 74

Turned 69 on October 9. Wore my pin, built a droid and lightsaber. Good birthday. Couple different deserts, glass of champagne at CSR and a desert at Toledo I could not finish.

Wear the pin.

Where's the best place in HS to get it? I know most people go to guest services, but with all the BG drama, etc, guest services at HS is kind of a nightmare in the morning. Will any of the stores carry them?
I have never noticed in HS, but I have seen them in stores in MK. Never hurts to ask! We got ours at our resort.

Sorry to hijack, but this thread made me think. I am planning to get an anniversary pin, but, I am wondering whether it would be OK to ask for two? So I can bring one home for my husband to put in his disney anniversary hamper?

Sorry to hijack, but this thread made me think. I am planning to get an anniversary pin, but, I am wondering whether it would be OK to ask for two? So I can bring one home for my husband to put in his disney anniversary hamper?
You can get the pins of course. But... and this isn't to judge... but stories of celebrating an anniversary at WDW alone usually end with, "...and then they had to close It's a Small World for 6 hours while they filtered the cremains from the water."

My DGD's birthday is the 1st of Nov, mine is the 7th of Dec. We went to WDW on Thanksgiving weekend and she made us wear the buttons every day we were there. She feels that since we a there because its her birthday present, we get to celebrate.
Our next trip will be to celebrate our 50th anniversary in October.

Last edited:
You can get the pins of course. But... and this isn't to judge... but stories of celebrating an anniversary at WDW alone usually end with, "...and then they had to close It's a Small World for 6 hours while they filtered the cremains from the water."
Hmmm.
I am going alone because we got married at WDW in 2010 - so it's our 10th Anniversary. Our plan was to ALL travel for this. Sadly, my husband has incurable Leukaemia, and after much discussion and thought, I am making a much shorter trip alone, since, after his chemo failed, it is always going to be too dangerous for him to fly, so I can collect some significant things to bring home so we can celebrate our anniversary at home but with actual WDW things. So, Bringing him home his own anniversary badge might be a nice addition to the hamper. I hadn't thought of getting them, even though we had the happily ever after ones in 2010.
So, while I understand the nature of your account...

My husband wore one for his 44th Bday on our September trip last year :) Tons of CM's wishing him "Happy Birthday!" but the cutest was at Satuli Canteen where the cashier picked up the phone and said "call for you", handed it to him and it was Goofy wishing him a happy birthday :D The CM was so nonchalant about the whole thing too, it was amazing.

Hmmm.
I am going alone because we got married at WDW in 2010 - so it's our 10th Anniversary. Our plan was to ALL travel for this. [...] So, Bringing him home his own anniversary badge might be a nice addition to the hamper. I hadn't thought of getting them, even though we had the happily ever after ones in 2010.
So, while I understand the nature of your account...
Hmmm is right. Never take advice from foxes; their wisdom is Epimetheal and coarsely framed.

What I intended to point out is that wearing a button to celebrate your anniversary is a great idea, but... they do get attention and wearing one without your spouse at hand may provoke inquiry on the subject from well-wishers.

My wife and I were married on Halloween 21 years ago now and we make an adult only trip most years to celebrate and it happens one or two times a trip. On the rare occurrence that my wife and I are less than proximate, CMs have seen the button and fired off a "congratulations" as a reflex followed by a look around for the other half of the equation. Leaving me to come up with characteristically awful rejoinders like, "She's visiting Winnie the Loo."

Also, since I guess I'm still talking about this, they streamlined the marriage related buttons down to just "Happily Ever After". If you find the wording a little too close to home, the more generic "I'm Celebrating" are always available.

And just to double back and answer again your original question... they will hand you as many of those buttons as you like, or at least two per person per visit to a guest relations counter.

Hmmm is right. Never take advice from foxes; their wisdom is Epimetheal and coarsely framed.

What I intended to point out is that wearing a button to celebrate your anniversary is a great idea, but... they do get attention and wearing one without your spouse at hand may provoke inquiry on the subject from well-wishers.

My wife and I were married on Halloween 21 years ago now and we make an adult only trip most years to celebrate and it happens one or two times a trip. On the rare occurrence that my wife and I are less than proximate, CMs have seen the button and fired off a "congratulations" as a reflex followed by a look around for the other half of the equation. Leaving me to come up with characteristically awful rejoinders like, "She's visiting Winnie the Loo."

Also, since I guess I'm still talking about this, they streamlined the marriage related buttons down to just "Happily Ever After". If you find the wording a little too close to home, the more generic "I'm Celebrating" are always available.

And just to double back and answer again your original question... they will hand you as many of those buttons as you like, or at least two per person per visit to a guest relations counter.
Yes, I see that, lots of questions thing, and have been re thinking my idea. But maybe I will just get the pins to bring home, and not wear them, unless I feel brave.

I have never noticed in HS, but I have seen them in stores in MK. Never hurts to ask! We got ours at our resort.

Gotcha, maybe I'll just wait til Saturday then, my actualy bday, when we're at MK. I'm local so I'm not going to be around a resort to pick one up

WEAR IT!!!!

I usually celebrate my b-days solo (no family down here) so going to Disney is the next best thing!

Most gift shops should have them. Just ask a cm, sometimes they're behind the counter. It should be easy to find one, I've even seen them behind the counters at some QS places too. I once got one at Stroller Rental at AK (there was no line, so I just walked up and asked if they had them).

I vote wear it. It's literally the most fun thing on earth (well just my opinion but I think it is!). My daughter's 8th bday was on Sept. 3rd. We had dinner at the Prime Time Cafe that night and the guy at table next to us, who confessed he was turning 32 that day, was decked out with the pin and birthday ears and having the best time. In fact his birthday gear started great conversation between our tables, as I saw his pin and hollered over "happy birthday Greg!". Good times. It's your day - celebrate the way you want!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter