wedding

you painted that!!! that is really good! Sounds like a good idea ... i think we need one of those in my work! hahaha!!!

I saw something like that in the Really Good Stuff catalog. I was going to order it but you've inspired me to just create something myself! It certainly won't be as cute as yours but it'll be cheaper than if I ordered it!! :thumbsup2

I saw something like that in the Really Good Stuff catalog. I was going to order it but you've inspired me to just create something myself! It certainly won't be as cute as yours but it'll be cheaper than if I ordered it!! :thumbsup2

definitely try it!! the kids will LOVE that you created it for them!! I think my total was like 8.00!

you painted that!!! that is really good! Sounds like a good idea ... i think we need one of those in my work! hahaha!!!

Aww yeah definitely! THat would be great anywhere!

omg so...im going to come out and say im a lurker on your threads lol this (obvs since im here now!) and yur dis moon but i saw what you just did to your tell it to the teddy fishbowl and i just had to post...that came out so amazing! i love how you saw the idea and thought about how you could add your personal touch to it..soo many kids relate to dis characters and they will gravitate towards it anyways and its just awesome that you thought to put him on that! i love it!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yayy!! HI!!! Im so glad youposted! I always wonder who lurkers are- i lurked for a while and then came out on all my lurking threads lolol!!

Aw I love it so cute!!! I have heard of "tell it to the turtle"...never a bear holding a bowl though? I can't do that in my class because the kids would constantly be telling it something lol

I cant wait for tell it to the turtle to show itsface at work!!

I got an amazingly thoughtful, beautiful, kind and delicious gift!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley and Sam sentme this amazing basket as a thank you and congrats and I had to post it...

I was having a bad day and it came in the MAIL!

Unreal. You girls are just so amazing and such beautiful people!

PICT1838-1.jpg

THANK YOU GIRLS I LOVE U!

Hey girls...

So, reality has officially set in. And i've been quite down...

I don't have any time to myself anymore (Always doing something) and...

I think our honeymoon re-do...is going to be a NO do :(

SEe, Vin got into that electrical union, however he trains for practically no money. Once the three years is up yes he'll make alot but this is a huge struggle now...

The one thing i really wanted was to head back to WDW with him this year. WE've given so much to others that we were going to be selfish and go...

But, money wise...dont know if we can do it. Bills, doctors bills, vins backhas been so bad...Its just hard. We are living on his salary and putting my entire one away because we want a house but its hard. At times I kinda feel cheated. Like, we just got married and I'm upset because we cant do what married people get to do, go out, hang out. Take a few trips together? You know?

Maybe I'm just being a brat. I wanted to finish my journal from the honeymoon- but vin wakes up so early and by the time hes home we're both exhausted...

I dont know.

Just feeling a bit bummed lately...

And i kinda miss the boards alot...

The one thing i really wanted was to head back to WDW with him this year. WE've given so much to others that we were going to be selfish and go...

But, money wise...dont know if we can do it. Bills, doctors bills, vins backhas been so bad...Its just hard. We are living on his salary and putting my entire one away because we want a house but its hard. At times I kinda feel cheated. Like, we just got married and I'm upset because we cant do what married people get to do, go out, hang out. Take a few trips together? You know?

Don't be too sad. My DH and I have been married 4 years and our last vacation/trip anywhere was our honeymoon. So it's been a very sad 4 years for us...But we're married and together and at least we're happy and healthy and that's all that matters.
Hope things start to look up for you two!! :hug:

Hey hun.... dont be sad! firstly... heres a biggggg :hug:

I think you must be feeling the post wedding blues :confused3... you busied yourself up sooo much before the wedding that now you have nothing to plan and do and perhaps thats whats getting you down if you feel like you have nothing to do or plan? It was so crazy in your life before the wedding, you always had a million things to do or was on your mind, and if you havent got that now, its probs feeling a bit wierd after all those months feeling like that.. to it being over so quick?

I understand it must be very hard with the money thing. You guys can still do things together... you should make time to spend together. Like, if you are both tired at the end of the day, you should put a plan together and say 'we are going to do this later (whether it be something relaxing, watching tv, giving each other a massage, go for a slow walk around the block ect). You know what i mean, trying to make something special for each other without spending loads of money or making too much of a fuss.

It will be hard but if you work at it, you might be able to go back to WDW this year... but hey, its not the end of the world if it isnt this year... you always have next year? Take your time saving up, and look forward to a long second honeymoon next year? But you really do need to be selfish now, you are just married and you need to think about yourselves.... so if you can scrimp and save for this year then do it (perhaps you could go if you found any Disney deals!? 4 nights 3 days kinda thing?)... if not... save up and have a big mega hols next year? Or two mini holidays next year? Your not being a brat, you just know what you deserve! :cutie:

I didnt realize Vins back was bad... that must be hard for him...im sure it will get better soon- and hey, look on the bright side, you can be living hard at the moment, but when Vin's 3 years are up... think of all the times you will be able to go to Disney then!! 3 years will fly by..and you never know.. by then you might even be a wedding planner! hehe! You have your wholllleeee married life ahead of you and think of the trips you will take in the future. I know the Disneymoon didnt go to plan, but hey- life throws crappy things at you and you took it so well and you never let it get you down- you turned it around. ;)

Everyone has these times where they feel down... but i promise you everything will be okay and everything will work out (like you have told me many many times and its worked out okay! You know the problems i have had and you have always made me realise everything is going to be okay.)

If there is anything i can do... let me know, you know where i am. xxx :flower3:

Aww, don't feel sad! :hug:

I totally agree with Stacey, it probably is the post wedding blues. So you know what you need to do? Catch up on some planning journals and start helping other brides plan their wedding! ;)

But in all seriousness, while Disney may not be possible this year, I think you should definitely start saving and have a bigger, fancier trip next year. Maybe take out a small amount ($20 - $100) from the pay check you are already saving and put it in the Disney fund. And be on the lookout for any specials going on as well from Disney. Maybe while you are waiting for your dream vacation, you could plan some less expensive dates/getaways to tide you guys over. Maybe you can plan a romantic weekend at a local bed and breakfast? Or make weekly dates, like having a picnic or taking walks through a nature preserve. Or take a community class together, like cooking. Some of the best dates are completely free/really, really cheap! :goodvibes

Edit: Thought of something else! Or what you can do is, bring your honeymoon home to you. Did you have a favorite dinner you enjoyed while being there? Make him a surprise dinner one weekend! I recently was introduced to a website that has been collecting the recipes they use in Disney, and the list is amazing! Bust out your toasting flutes and enjoy. Maybe that could be another option for you. :) Also recreate some of the perks you received while there. Perhaps rose petals in the shape of Mickey on your bed, or even those cute towel animals. Any aspect of your honeymoon will work here.

Link: http://allears.net/din/rec.htm

:( I kinda' know how you feel. I'm not married yet, but I'm still in school and DF is "just" an MTA (teaching assistant)=he gets paid by the hr. The other crappy thing is there was an open position, and him and this other guy were equal, except DF had been there longer, but the other guy got it, and we think because this guy's dad knows the principal. :mad: Plus, everyone KNOWS we're the ones getting married (and trying to move in together as soon as after I'm done w/this semester as we can), and this other guy is all set in terms of that. :mad: So yea, while we're hoping he gets something before the wedding, we have no idea and I'm thinkin' we're gonna be struggling too. :sad1:

It sucks, cuz you deserve to go. :guilty: You're not alone tho'. DF's married friends RARELY get to go out, and I don't think they've taken a trip since they got married last May. :guilty: I think it's just hard for a lot of people our age at this time. Sometimes I wish DF&I could go back to the '50s or something (or even when my parents got married in 1969) because it was easier then to get an apt. for a little and then get the house that you'll be in 'til your kids leave.

Don't be too sad. My DH and I have been married 4 years and our last vacation/trip anywhere was our honeymoon. So it's been a very sad 4 years for us...But we're married and together and at least we're happy and healthy and that's all that matters.
Hope things start to look up for you two!! :hug:

Aww, don't feel sad! :hug:

I totally agree with Stacey, it probably is the post wedding blues. So you know what you need to do? Catch up on some planning journals and start helping other brides plan their wedding! ;)

But in all seriousness, while Disney may not be possible this year, I think you should definitely start saving and have a bigger, fancier trip next year. Maybe take out a small amount ($20 - $100) from the pay check you are already saving and put it in the Disney fund. And be on the lookout for any specials going on as well from Disney. Maybe while you are waiting for your dream vacation, you could plan some less expensive dates/getaways to tide you guys over. Maybe you can plan a romantic weekend at a local bed and breakfast? Or make weekly dates, like having a picnic or taking walks through a nature preserve. Or take a community class together, like cooking. Some of the best dates are completely free/really, really cheap! :goodvibes

Edit: Thought of something else! Or what you can do is, bring your honeymoon home to you. Did you have a favorite dinner you enjoyed while being there? Make him a surprise dinner one weekend! I recently was introduced to a website that has been collecting the recipes they use in Disney, and the list is amazing! Bust out your toasting flutes and enjoy. Maybe that could be another option for you. :) Also recreate some of the perks you received while there. Perhaps rose petals in the shape of Mickey on your bed, or even those cute towel animals. Any aspect of your honeymoon will work here.

Link: http://allears.net/din/rec.htm

:( I kinda' know how you feel. I'm not married yet, but I'm still in school and DF is "just" an MTA (teaching assistant)=he gets paid by the hr. The other crappy thing is there was an open position, and him and this other guy were equal, except DF had been there longer, but the other guy got it, and we think because this guy's dad knows the principal. :mad: Plus, everyone KNOWS we're the ones getting married (and trying to move in together as soon as after I'm done w/this semester as we can), and this other guy is all set in terms of that. :mad: So yea, while we're hoping he gets something before the wedding, we have no idea and I'm thinkin' we're gonna be struggling too. :sad1:

It sucks, cuz you deserve to go. :guilty: You're not alone tho'. DF's married friends RARELY get to go out, and I don't think they've taken a trip since they got married last May. :guilty: I think it's just hard for a lot of people our age at this time. Sometimes I wish DF&I could go back to the '50s or something (or even when my parents got married in 1969) because it was easier then to get an apt. for a little and then get the house that you'll be in 'til your kids leave.

This is why i miss u girls. I think i also have some disboard blues!
SEe vin and I get home at the same time now. Vin is also going to get his masters for his job. So yes, the job is awesome in that it pays for school and such but its still hard...

I was hoping to start my own business, begin to make programs and such, and now I am just so so fearful that I wont get the chance. My income is basically the only now and its not exactly great lol..

But yesterday we decided to have a picnic by the bay! It was so wonderful and it was just what we needed. We talked about alot of things and vin agrees that we need to try to go away this year. We have the annual pass and thats whywe bought it- to be able to make the second trip.My mum and sister will be joining us this time though...so that will be even more fun (I HOPE!)

Well I am glad you were able to get away! :goodvibes See? Cheap dates are the best! :rotfl:

And I am so glad to hear you will try and make it back to Disney this year with your mom and sister! Will you all be staying in the same hotel room? That is certainly one way to cut down on costs too, if you split the tab! And there are plenty of other ways to save too, like bringing our own food (assuming your room has a fridge) and what not. But do plan for at least one special dinner alone! :goodvibes

So... will there be a TR for this trip too? :rotfl: That should keep you (and us!) occupied until Vin has enough time to work on his side of the honeymoon report. ;)

Jenny,

I feel you on the being bummed part. It is hard for all married couples when they are first married. :hug: It gets better though as time goes on I promise!!

You know, if you want some extra money, I think you would be PERFECT to sell on Etsy!! They sell only handmade items and with the things that you can whip out you are SURE to make money!! I sell on there now making floral arrangements and its so much fun. To post something it is only 20 cents for 4 months! Here is my shop...http://stylishstems.etsy.com It's really fun. Kind of like having a real shop somewhere except no rent. :rotfl: That turtle tattle bowl you made would be something great to sell! You could sell anything really as long as its handmade. I can help you out on where to advertise for free and everything. :)

That's pretty cool about the masters. DF got a grant to get his, so it's free too, but I hear ya' w/the money thing in terms of the job.

You might have to put your own business on hold for a little, but the fact that you could have one once he's done is pretty impressive! :thumbsup2

Aww, that's so cute!

Aww Jenny, dont feel bad! I think this is the after wedding blues, totally normal. I agree with everyone else, carve out some special time for just the two of you. You could start a fun hobby together, like try to make all the recipes in a cookbook, or just do movie nights:goodvibes Plus you guys could always drive out to Boston:goodvibes Hope you feel better girl XOXO

I will keep an eye out if i see any offers from Disney for short breaks and let you know if i see anything!

And little things like the picnic are great- its so inexpesive and its a chance for you both to get out and spend time together. You got time to talk, and at least you both feel the same and agree that you need a break.

Could you not buy small batches of craft stuff for your new business every now and then... like for example... each month, just allow yourself to buy / or put away to save for it $20 ..that way you can build up all your stock and then you will be able to start it? You could do so so much on etsy because the things you make are so great- and i agree with Toni - even that little tattle bowl is great and that would sell!

So yeah, ill keep a look out for you for any Disney deals! And keep smiling my dear :flower3: If i could fly over and cheer you up i would trust me- i would go get Sam and we'd come over and take you out for a good drink and have lots of fun! But until then, i hope your old friend will make you smile ... ..

:banana:

I'm so late to the party - I want to give a few notes, your heart shaped ring and the story = so special. Getting the MS ribbon on sale = a dream day. The foam pins for you two, especially the hidden Mickeys on the veil = genius and definately going in to my planning file. Aisle runner =OMG! The photo of you two in the limo = my favorite. The bridge of you two together = sweetest moment ever! Can't wait to read the TR. Headed over there next!
A very belated, happy ever after!

:hug: Hey Jen!

How are you holding up?

I totally understand how you feel. Jon and I are on our second year and we just realized we really can't take another trip until we've gotten more settled economically.

Your picnic idea was great, sometimes those are the most meaningful because its just the two of you and you can connect emotionally through expressing your feelings, which in turn makes you mature as a couple.

Please don't think there's anything wrong with you!! When we first got back from wdw after being married I seriously think I went thru withdrawal. I was so depressed that is was all over and I didn't know when we were going to go back.
But you learn to enjoy the little things at home...just try to enjoy every little minute that you do have together now.
And in time, when Disney offers a nice package you just might be ready to book!!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter