"welcome home" -- *everyone* gets this greeting now?

Funny I couldn't care less about this particular topic, it doesn't bother me at all.

It's not really my home anyway, I'd rather they say "welcome to your fabulous vacation".

The whole "welcome home" thing just never did anything for me. Whether they say it to everybody or nobody I wouldn't care either way.

Have my nice, clean room ready on time and I'm good to go.

Actually, it does me too. A friend of mine visited WDW for the first time last October and she said when they arrived at POR they gave them the "Welcome Home". I looked at her and said, "Did they, really?" because at that point I thought it was reserved only for DVC. It doesn't feel special to me anymore. I guess I'm petty, too.

What really bugged me is when the entire ME bus got a "Welcome Home" as we pulled up to Pop Century. At that point, the saying lost all meaning.

Funny I couldn't care less about this particular topic, it doesn't bother me at all.

It's not really my home anyway, I'd rather they say "welcome to your fabulous vacation".

The whole "welcome home" thing just never did anything for me. Whether they say it to everybody or nobody I wouldn't care either way.

Have my nice, clean room ready on time and I'm good to go.

I'm with you. It's just a marketing thing that some focus group came up with. Just another item on the CM checklist, along with "give guest map of resort" and "mention guest's name x number of times."

Well, it did something for me. I got the warm fuzzies when they said "welcome home" at check-in. The Boardwalk *is* my home, and I have a deed to prove it.

I feel robbed. :sad1:

I've never heard it used to greet "everyone" like that before. Somehow I felt a little special hearing it when we checked into our DVC resorts. That would bug me knowing they use it in such a general manner anymore. It's not going to be the end of my world but I've definitely lost the warm fuzzies now.

If you ride the new buses with the pre-recorded, resort specific voice, you will hear it every time you pull back in to any resort. The first time i heard it, i was pulling in to Fort Wilderness from epcot and after going through the whole "we're now arriving at fort wilderness......oh and welcome home". I wondered, geez, how do they know that *I*, a dvc member, am on this bus! lol! ;)

While I've always enjoyed the welcome home it doesn't bother me that others are getting it. If I'm hearing it then it still reminds me that I'm at my home away from home at WDW.

Oh--- this will bother my DH. He literally waits for the welcome home at check in. We heard it on the bus at AKL, but thought it was just because the villas were there. It doesn't really bother me.

i know this is such a petty issue but i have to agree that it does make me feel special and knowing everyone gets it takes away from the specialness of it all.

I got tired of the "Welcome Home" about the second time I heard it. To me it seemed more annoying than it did special. Home is where I live when I go to work, where I have to mow the lawn, fix things that get broken, etc., etc. DVC isn't home, it's vacation! Call me petty, but I'd prefer they drop the whole "Welcome Home" altogether.

WHile I thik it is a nice welcoming touch at DVC, it doesn;t bother me of other resorts use it. It really is sort of becoming a "standard" hospitality hotel/motel catch phrase, not just at Disney.

When we first arrived at SSR after winning, the Welcome Home brought tears to our eyes. They should have it in their computers who is, and who is not a deed holding member, and then say it accordingly. Its special.

Just out of curiousity, how should they be greeted? "We'll take your money but you're not welcome here???"

Just out of curiousity, how should they be greeted? "We'll take your money but you're not welcome here???"

Hehehe-- LOL. You're right. It was so exciting to DH the first time he heard welcome home though--- I couldn't understand why he was waiting in line with me to check in--- he never waits with me LOL. But, you're right.:goodvibes

Call me petty, but this bugs me.

Well I think only if they're coming into a DVC resort building. Whether or not they're a member. I mean they were once called "Home away from Home" resorts right? No matter who checked into them. That would mean "Welcome Home" for whoever checked into them, member or not.

When we first arrived at SSR after winning, the Welcome Home brought tears to our eyes. They should have it in their computers who is, and who is not a deed holding member, and then say it accordingly. Its special.

Call me petty, but this bugs me.

Actually, it does me too. A friend of mine visited WDW for the first time last October and she said when they arrived at POR they gave them the "Welcome Home". I looked at her and said, "Did they, really?" because at that point I thought it was reserved only for DVC. It doesn't feel special to me anymore. I guess I'm petty, too.

What really bugged me is when the entire ME bus got a "Welcome Home" as we pulled up to Pop Century. At that point, the saying lost all meaning.

Well, it did something for me. I got the warm fuzzies when they said "welcome home" at check-in. The Boardwalk *is* my home, and I have a deed to prove it.

I feel robbed. :sad1:

Couldn't agree more.

I'll be petty with you. :snooty:

i know this is such a petty issue but i have to agree that it does make me feel special and knowing everyone gets it takes away from the specialness of it all.

I think it should be a DVC thing.... :guilty:

I'll be petty too. As DVC members, we own our little piece of Disney magic, and "welcome home" really means something special. Renting a room at All Stars does not make that home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter