"welcome home" -- *everyone* gets this greeting now?

I'm another who appreciated the "exclusive" Welcome Home greeting for DVC members/resort guests. It doesn't make much sense to me to be hearing this at the POP Century, e.g. How are their rooms anything like a "home?" It just fit for me, and I won't be able to keep myself from rolling my eyes :rolleyes: hearing the greeting elsewhere.

But imagine being a front desk CM or a guard at a resort gate. Some are constantly moved from resort to resort. Honestly, could any of us say to ourselves, "Oh, today I'm at OKW, I can say Welcome Home, tomorrow I work at POP, and it's a no-no."

Be careful how loudly you complain, or "Welcome Home" may disappear from everywhere except via static signage.

:rotfl2: I know you're joking. Anyone who could say that and mean it would need to get outside for fresh air, volunteer at a shelter of some sort, help out at a hospice, etc. You know - embrace real life. :teeth:

I would assume to a certain extent they are, but cut them a break. Some things in life irk you, they're not huge issues but annoying. I agreed that I thought it was a shame that DVC "exclusiveness" is gone. Am I up at night because of it? trust me , no. Dvc is a business and nothing more.

Things change in life, people move on. But let the guy(?) vent a little.

I am not an owner yet, but (I know you may be outraged) I got a little annoyed by how many times my guide said Welcome Home during our meeting.

Maybe because I had been on the boards and knew about it, so it seemed a little contrived, but I swear I heard it at least once a minute in the first 5 minutes she was in the room.

It won't deter me from buying, but I don't think it will have the signifigance that it does to all of you, simply because I knew about it before my "tour".

Checked in late last night. CM at SSR desk did welcome us home. There was no welcome home on ME (the tv's were not on at all).

But I had to chuckle to myself... the little boy in front of me was en route to POR. When we pulled into OKW he turned to his grandmother and said, "That's wierd, the sign says WELCOME HOME"!

If he only knew.

We are brand new DVC members are were greeted with "Welcome Home" before and after our purchase. It doesn't bother me a bit but I can totally understand how someone who has been a member for a while feels a bit like something has been taken from them.

That's the problem with a good thing. If it's truly good, sooner or later everyone finds out about it. :rotfl:

This won't be a popular reply I'm sure, but why worry about what others "are" or "are not" getting?
Sounds like a "beat the Joneses" or " I am better than you" attitude is showing here.

I fully understand those that are upset because they didn't get the nice welcome. Everyone deserves to feel special.

Who here would want someone elses family to have any "less" of a special time than yours? If it makes you feel good, than it probably might make someone elses trip a little more magical too.

Disney saying "Welcome Home" to non DVC members doesn't in ANY way lessen your enjoyment or your particular trip. Instead of wanting your greeting to be better than theirs, take a minute to watch their happiness when hearing it, just like you feel when you hear it.

Greed, jealousy, envy and hatred are learned (and optional) emotions.

Sean

I totally agree. It seems some posters in previous lives must have been hung around with Louis and Marie Antoinette at Versailles. "I'm entitled - let them eat cake.":)

Funny I couldn't care less about this particular topic, it doesn't bother me at all.

It's not really my home anyway, I'd rather they say "welcome to your fabulous vacation".

The whole "welcome home" thing just never did anything for me. Whether they say it to everybody or nobody I wouldn't care either way.

Have my nice, clean room ready on time and I'm good to go.

I'm with you. :thumbsup2

I have to say I'm with DVCSean on this one. I'd rather think about how happy "Welcome Home" makes me, rather than how miserable it makes me when they say it to other people.

Frankly, I've come to think of all of WDW as my second home, so if I'm staying at Pop or Ft. Wilderness or my home resort of SSR, I want to hear that happy phrase. And I just expect everybody else to feel the same way.

OP - I'm right there with you. I know it sounds a bit silly, but on our first trip "home", I couldn't wait to hear it. The CM's welcomed the families that were checking in on either side of us, but our CM at the desk never said it to us. I was quite disappointed. Throughout the rest of our trip, we heard it a number of times as a welcome to a large group of people. I don't care so much whether other people have it said to them, but I wantd to hear it directly to me as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter