What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Fish sticks and tater tots. I’m a bit embarrassed to type that out.

I always keep a box of fish sticks in the freezer….maybe my youngest son will stop by and I’ll have his favorite ”chicken nuggets” on hand 😂
Sign me up for the "embarrassed by fish sticks" club. After talking with a friend, I bought some fish sticks. They use them for fish tacos, which is what we'll be trying out tomorrow (Tuesday) night!

Ate the rest of the gumbo tonight. This time I added some shrimp to the roasted chicken.
My shrimp was frozen as well but I defrosted in cold water, dried and seasoned them and finally dry sautéed before adding to the base. Worked pretty well as this was a technique I never tried before.
I used the cauliflower rice yesterday; would be better if I’d salted the cooking water, I think.

In hand, some leftovers, some never used: a ball of mozzarella, turkey, tomato confit, roasted red peppers, pesto, broccoli stalks, 1/2 box chicken broth.

Making a tomato, turkey and grilled mozzarella sandwich with red peppers and green pesto.
Bowl of julienned broccoli stalks (tastes a lot like asparagus when you trim it well) in chicky broth. Be nice if there was sourdough bread but I’ve only German dark rye so it’ll work well enough.

I have a meeting tonight, dh is taking the cat to the vet, and ds17 is going to have to take ds14 to his haircut appt. I am going to throw some potatoes in the oven and everyone can fix how they want, when they have time, and I am going to toss together 2 Caesar salad kits.

Rainy day here so we are having a Chicken Torilla soup in the crockpot with some salad and homemade bread.

Homemade pizza. Bought the dough, sauce, cheese and pepperoni for DD and her boyfriend to make Saturday night. Their plans changed and now I need to use it up. Also probably a salad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter