• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What’s for Dinner Tonight?

Sounds like many of us had a weekend filled with good food and remembrance of the holiness of now.
I’m not into organized religion anymore but always count my blessings when this time of year rolls around 🙂.

I needed to yesterday because my router died and I realized what any integral part of life the internet has become. Had to depend on my wits to complete dishes for my Easter meal. My pavlova isn’t as high as I expected thereby pointing out the beauty of the forgotten cream of tartar and importance of recalling the ratio to use when substituting confectioners sugar for granulated ( it’s 2.25:1).

Finishing off the pastry design of my Easter pie was seat of the pants but since I’ve extra filling and dough, I can still experiment this week.This is how the mini turned out:
1711930984664.png

Last night I finished off the everything beans and tonight enjoyed the green minestrone soup (amazingly delish if I do say myself) and the pizza rustica/ Easter pie/ pizzagriano (sp?). Saving the lamb chops for tomorrow as my “lupper” guest and I were too full for more.

We also enjoyed dessert which turned out to be a sorbet pavlova as I couldn’t find orange or lemon sorbet.

Last edited:
Not sure about dinner, but I know exactly what I'll be having for lunch for the next week or so. I've got pounds and pounds of Easter ham left over and I'll be packing sandwiches. DH really dislikes left-overs and I've already re-purposed it once into a pasta dish for guests last night. I may get away with serving ham and eggs in a few days but that'll be the very outside limit of his tolerance. I don't find ham to freeze very well so I hope I can mow it down before it spoils.

Tonight we are having hotdogs and snappys for dinner. Not my favorite but DD and I found the snappys on sale and it is DS day off and hotdogs are one of the few things that I cook that he eats.

Tonight we are having hotdogs and snappys for dinner. Not my favorite but DD and I found the snappys on sale and it is DS day off and hotdogs are one of the few things that I cook that he eats.
What is a snappy? I have not heard of them. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter