What Are The Fireworks Laws Where You Live?

It varies by city and county in my part of California. In past years, I have seen fireworks for sale at Walmart, so not sure they can only be sold by charities. The usual Safe and Sane are the rule where fireworks are allowed.
Firecrackers, if used for religious ceremonies, are legal. Otherwise, they are illegal.

I was under the impression that firecrackers were illegal. In any case, I doubt that the one's I've seen used around Chinese New Year were legally obtained.

The only thing I've seen at discount stores are large packages of party poppers and various bang devices. I don't believe they're legally considered fireworks. I looked it up, and Sacramento County apparently allows them in unincorporated areas, and many of the cities allow them.

I was under the impression that they were sold by charities, but I could be wrong. The following says that they're typically sold by non-profits. I've seen a lot of stands (even in front of stores) that clearly say that a non-profit is benefitting from the sales.

http://www.kcra.com/article/hundreds-of-fireworks-booths-open-for-first-day-of-business/6423462

But fireworks vendors are typically volunteers who depend on sales to help fund non-profit activities.

KCRA 3 visited one booth benefiting athletic teams at Mesa Verde High School in Citrus Heights.

"All of our fundraising for the softball program is made through the fireworks booth right here," said Mike Wilgus, Mesa Verde's varsity softball coach. " And it goes for uniforms and all kinds of equipment," Wilgus said.​

Okay. I find it somewhat hilarious that so many Missourians have responded to this thread. And so I must too. Where I am, (suburb of St. Louis on the "other side" of the river) fireworks cannot be sold or set off, unless it's a professional show. But on the 4th, it's not well enforced. Plus, I live a few hundred yards from the next city over, where they can bet set off. And there's a huge fireworks tent that I've judged to be approx. 500 feet from the border of my city. hehe

Okay. I find it somewhat hilarious that so many Missourians have responded to this thread. And so I must too. Where I am, (suburb of St. Louis on the "other side" of the river) fireworks cannot be sold or set off, unless it's a professional show. But on the 4th, it's not well enforced. Plus, I live a few hundred yards from the next city over, where they can bet set off. And there's a huge fireworks tent that I've judged to be approx. 500 feet from the border of my city. hehe

LOLing as I sit here listening to the 4th of July outside my house at 9pm on Sat. June 24th.

Ugh, I wish they were illegal here! They are intermittent all summer but it's not July 4th around here, it's like July 1-10th! People set them off all week and until 12-2am on weekdays. The noise just rattles around the neighborhood and amplifies.

It's a little annoying waking up to fireworks on a random Monday night but it's extra sucky because my poor dog then keeps me up for an extra hour freaking out.

Here in Va.
ILlegal but in to you just so happen to have a bunch that your dad brings you back fro me tennesse...
When the cop stopped show up. Deny deny deny... we still laugh about it.
Firecracker trash all over. Smoke all in the air. SCent of explosives.. ash still falling.
Cops just said .. well ok we had to check lol

I was under the impression that they were sold by charities, but I could be wrong. The following says that they're typically sold by non-profits. I've seen a lot of stands (even in front of stores) that clearly say that a non-profit is benefitting from the sales.

I am shocked that they allow fireworks in a state where fires cause so much death and destruction. Millions of acres go up in flames every year in California and thousands of homes are lost every year. Pretty much the whole state is dry tinderbox waiting to explode in flames.

In FL- sparklers and fountains are legal, Roman candles and other air fireworks are not. However, the roadside stands get away with selling them because of a loophole that permits use of those fireworks in agriculture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter