What are your Bucket List Races, or Standout Races you've done!

All registered (for Covered Bridges in VT)! I wasn't able to fill in my country or state on the registration, but it let me move on even those were marked required fields.

Me and registrations!! I had people who came on the registration page behind me for rD get in so I was on in the first few seconds, but idiot hi refresh! Ah well, something must be coming my way, or I'll be there to cheer my sons gf!
If so I'll be cheering for you too!!

Wow did it really sell out that fast? I ended up reloading my page in the middle of the registration to see if the country/state dropdown would fix itself... they were blank and you couldn't type in them, but were marked required. The second time through I just decided to see what would happen if I hit "next" while they were blank. Sorry you didn't get in!

Thanks for the Richmond review. I'm looking at the 2016 calendar and trying to figure out if I'm going to try for a full again next fall or wait a year. Richmond or Thunder Road (Charlotte)are my top choices as of now. Has anyone here done both or have a Thunder Road review they could give me?

I ran the inaugural Thunder Road half in 2005. Really pretty course and a fun half. The full looked like a decent course as well, but the support for the back of the pack runners was lacking. Our hotel was right near the finish line, and the band, volunteers, and timers were all gone as the last hundred or so people came in. My wife and I went out to cheer for them so they didn't feel totally forgotten about. I'm sure it's improved since then. Have you looked at marathonguide.com for reviews? I'm sure there is plenty of more recent feedback available there.

Wow it did sell out super fast... I just got email from the race directors that said it was sold out in 8 minutes. It's the 25th anniversary, so maybe that's why. The email mentions that there are charities you can run for too @margitmouse if you are interested in that: http://cbhalfmarathon.blogspot.com/p/charities.html

@Miranda, you were able to refresh in the middle and start over? Wow, I am really registration cursed! Lol! So happy for you you got in!! Really glad. I looked at the charities, and am considering a couple of them.... I just can't quite commit, and not sure why. So maybe I will just see where I'm led :)
Thanks for the support, and if I go to cheer my sons gf, I will let you know, and try for a meetup!

Yeah... I have a ChronoTrack account, as that is the system used by a lot of the local races around here, so refreshing and starting over didn't really take much time because most info was pre-filled in for me, I just had to click buttons to advance to the next screen.

I've been researching races and there are so many out there that look amazing. I'm going to separate it into Disney and Non-Disney themed races.

runDisney
  • Glass Slipper Challenge
  • Dark Side Challenge
  • Rebel Challenge
  • Pixie Dust Challenge
I'm presently training for my first 10K at Tinkerbell so I have quite a way to go until I can get comfortable to do the challenges. My goal is for 2018 to be the year I do the challenges on both coasts to get my Kessel Run medal and Coast to Coast. I have a long way to go to get comfortable with a half marathon. Every step gets me closer to my dream!

Non-Disney
  • DuMotion -- run the Wall and the Half Marathon. It's in Dubrovnik aka: Kings Landing from Game of Thrones!
  • Rock-n-Roll Remix Challenge - location TBD
  • Rock-n-Roll Vegas Half Marathon
  • Great Wall of China Marathon

Other than the Great Wall of China, I could see me getting to these eventually. I watched the video yesterday of the Great Wall race and everyone looks dead tired as they climb the stairs.

I've been researching races and there are so many out there that look amazing. I'm going to separate it into Disney and Non-Disney themed races.

runDisney
  • Dark Side Challenge
  • Rebel Challenge
  • Pixie Dust Challenge
I'm presently training for my first 10K at Tinkerbell so I have quite a way to go until I can get comfortable to do the challenges. My goal is for 2018 to be the year I do the challenges on both coasts to get my Kessel Run medal and Coast to Coast. I have a long way to go to get comfortable with a half marathon. Every step gets me closer to my dream!

Non-Disney
  • DuMotion -- run the Wall and the Half Marathon. It's in Dubrovnik aka: Kings Landing from Game of Thrones!

Other than the Great Wall of China, I could see me getting to these eventually. I watched the video yesterday of the Great Wall race and everyone looks dead tired as they climb the stairs.

Some smart person here will find the exact quote but basically
each journey begins with the first step.. It sounds like you are well on your way!

Great Wall Marathon! Now that sounds like a challenge! Not just hills, but stairs too?!
:faint:

Thanks for participating!

I thought of another bucket list race I'd like to do, the Gorge Waterfalls 50K. I saw this film at a festival this past spring and decided that I want to do it. I was there with two of my friends and as soon as it was over we looked at each other and knew we would be doing it someday.

runDisney
  • Dark Side Challenge
  • Rebel Challenge
  • Pixie Dust Challenge

Non-Disney

A friend of mine did the Great Wall race. She said it was fun, but there was some waiting to go up stairs and you have to be very careful where you step - it's not always in the greatest condition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter