What Do You Do With All That Bling?!!

Oh yeah! Forgot to post mine.
IMG_3442.JPG

Since it came up earlier...here's a picture of my race t-shirt quilt. I think I'm getting to the point where I need to have a second one made...
IMG_3443.JPG

Ariel, those are nice, very impressive, but your Dopey medal seems to be hiding (or are you still wearing it? :tiptoe:)

The Quilt is really awesome, how big is it?

Ariel, those are nice, very impressive, but your Dopey medal seems to be hiding (or are you still wearing it? :tiptoe:)

The Quilt is really awesome, how big is it?
Thanks! I guess it is hiding...medals are in chronological order so it's stuffed in at the end. :)

I think it's 4' x 5'.

I have my medals hung on a Disney rack too! And I have sent my shirts and bibs to this talented lady to make a bag for me: http://www.racesrmybag.com

I had a small tote bag made for my husband for Christmas last year and he loves it!

A friend of mine wants to get a small fake xmas tree and have a medal tree each year. :)

I actually did just that in the beginning of December. It is still sitting on my dining room table, but will eventually make it's way to the Disney room. I haven't put on this year's Dopey Challenge or Rebel Challenge bling yet. Nor have I put on any of the C2C medals. The 5K medallions are in a memory box along with all the bibs and commemorative race pins. The t-shirts and tech shirts are folded neatly in a tote under the guest bed. I'm too sentimental to have them cut up and turning into something useful like a blanket.

Lit%202.jpg

I have my medals hung on a Disney rack too! And I have sent my shirts and bibs to this talented lady to make a bag for me: http://www.racesrmybag.com

I had a small tote bag made for my husband for Christmas last year and he loves it!

What a great idea. I like it. Wonder if they can do a backpack? (Hey kids, guess what you're getting for Christmas this year!!!

Last edited:
I actually did just that in the beginning of December. It is still sitting on my dining room table, but will eventually make it's way to the Disney room. I haven't put on this year's Dopey Challenge or Rebel Challenge bling yet. Nor have I put on any of the C2C medals. The 5K medallions are in a memory box along with all the bibs and commemorative race pins. The t-shirts and tech shirts are folded neatly in a tote under the guest bed. I'm too sentimental to have them cut up and turning into something useful like a blanket.

Lit%202.jpg

This is so awesome! Inspiring! I would have to run many more races before I could try to do this, but I think I will try. Too cool!!

I have my current year medals that go on a medal/bib holder and then at the end of the year I take the medals off and hang an empty frame on the wall with the year and put them on display in that. It's hard to explain and I wish I had taken a picture before taking it all down (I'm in the process of moving!), but it looks pretty cool!

Lit%202.jpg
Awesome!

DH and I each have our own medal hangers in the living room for happy viewing every day. :-) Our bibs go into bib folios that we personalized (from goneforarun.com--they are a little pricey but have wonderful stuff!). All our race shirts get worn OR made into a quilt (I like to sew). I love seeing everyone's ideas. :daisy:

blanket.jpg

i know this thread is old but I finally made my medal holder... its not perfect and I learned a few things I would do differently but Im happy how it turned out. My main thing was being able to change the message so its painted with chalkboard paint
...Now to fill it up LOL
11355527_10206851811116430_151583449_n.jpg

It's National Running day tomorrow so that means many races have discounts on their registration fees,I just signed up for 3 more halfs and an event that has 2 5K's on the same morning bringing my total for next running season to 2 5K's,2 full marathons and 5 half marathons with a possible 2-3 more half marathons that I might sign up for,I'm hoping one of those is a new Disney race in May.I'm going to have to get several of these medal holders for all my medals currently being stored in boxes and all the medals for next season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter