What do you REFUSE to spend money on?

We are taking a family of 5, myself, husband, and sons 10, 8, 4.
Spent $1312 for 6 nite/7day ultimate park hopper passes. 6 nights at Cont. for $1025. This is our first trip. Does this sound like a good deal? AP passes are out of the question because we won't be back within a year.
Thanks
Christi

Christi 2001 -
WHEN ARE YOU GOING?
SEEMS LIKE A VERY GOOD RATE FOR CONT.
WOULD YOU PLEASE E-MAIL ME WITH THE CODE YOU USED FOR YOUR PASSES AND YOUR HOTEL THEY DO SEEM BETTER THAN WHAT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND. I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO STAY AT THE POLY BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET A GOOD RATE FOR EARLY/MID APRIL. DAMIEL@WORLDNET.ATT.NET THANKS!
:earseek:

Well, add up what you'd pay booking on your own. Look up the airline's website and find what the Internet rates are, add up the park tickets (there's not much you could do to save there, besides a 5% DC discount), look up discount codes for the resort during those dates, transportation and add it all up. Skip the flex features or find out what the price is of those you're interested in, and add them up. I bet you anything, you may come up with a difference in the hundreds of dollars!

Wanda

Christi,

This is actually a VERY good deal... You did indeed get discounted park passes... you are paying about the same as if you got 7 day hoppers... 160.00/nt for the Contemporary is also very good, when are you going? Usually packages don't work out, but in this case it seems that it did!! Congrats....

Damiel,
I got the C** code on mousesavers.com.
I noticed that no one puts the actual code on this site, is there a reason for that? I thought I better follow along.
Christi

Christi 2002

With a price like that i am thinking about getting an AP and going back then. I can't believe how cheap you are paying. I would love to stay there, my husband stayed there when he was a kid and talks about it all the time. I am going for Easter and i am probably nuts. I keep hearing how crowded the parks are. But we got a timeshare real cheap and that is the only time we can use it. The timeshare is my cousins and i jumped at the deal. We were surpose to be on a cruise but changed all our plans and jumped at the thought of going to Disney again. We went once before and can't wait to go back. We have 43 more days to go. Have fun on your trip and keep safe. That goes for all of you.

We use to not allow Disney codes being posted on this board. But that has changed. As a matter of fact, we have our own DIScount Codes Page right here - Click Here . If you hear of any new codes, you can e-mail them to WebmasterBob@wdwinfo.com and he will see that they get posted.

Thanks!

Bottled water in the Parks. I stop at Publix and buy them for .50 a bottle. Cheaper than the $2.50 Disney charges. I keep them cold in a collapsable cooler in the room.

ALSO, no cheap light up toys for the kids to have at night during Fantasmic or night parades--or balloons. I would buy them a pin first!!

I have vacationed using packages and booking on my own for several years. Everytime I book a package and return from vacation I say, "NEVER AGAIN!" Then the next year I book my own vacation and have a great time with lots of saving. Then I get sucked into thinking TA's know more than me and book a packages, return, say, "NEVER AGAIN!" We went to WDW last April, total vacation was 8 nights, 1 night Daytona Beach, 7 nights CBR. I booked thru a TA. This year I booked myself 10 nights at CSR. We are getting a better vacation this year, longer this year and I am saving $1300 this year! When it comes to package deals, I say "NEVER AGAIN!"

WHAT I WON'T BUY (excepts occasionally)
1) Hoop De Doo Review, my kids are too young and it's too expensive.
2) LaNouba (spelling?) too expensive for something I can see in Toronto.
3) A Happy Meal ~ we don't love eating in places we can eat at near home ~ however, I am not glued to this one.
4) Bottled Water, I with all you on this one!
5) $10.60 per day on a fridge. Got one last year since ds was 15 month and needed to chilll milk, a bucket of ice would have done the same thing!
6) Things I can get at home ~ I just bought 3 t's and 3 sweat shirts at the Disney Store for $23.00 TOTAL! (however, last year I just had to have a $20.00 t'shirt with the ying yang Mickey head).
7) A $100 meal for the family without characters
8) Disney Cruise, boats and me don't fo well together

No Character meals for me!:eek: NO Bottled water OR soda, I bring my own from home! Also, NO Expensive Souvies-just my PINS!:D I spend about 50-60 dollars in Pins each trip! But, I ONLY buy the ones for 6.50-8.50!:o

Yeah, I agree with the PB&J sandwiches, same with the bologna sandwiches, what's the deal with that. I can make that myself. I like the big yummy deli sandwiches, but no thanks for the $3.00 PB&J!

Sit Down Restaurants at WDW.
I read the restaurant board and just shake my head. Maybe it is me but can't understand why people spend so much time and money at mediocre restaurants. Just another one of my mental defects but when I am at WDW you will find me at the parks not constantly adjusting my schedule (don't have one) to arrive at my next PS on time. Here in Cincinnati I can eat better and usually cheaper than anywhere on WDW property. Last 3 years never had a PS eat when and where I want including Xmas/ney Year week. With that said there are 3 exceptions, Akershus my favorite and there is nothing like this at home. MATSUNOMA LOUNGE is a great place to just sit relax have some Sushi and Sake. California Grill is my third I just like it.
RussH

I don't think I'll eat at Tony's again soon. It was okay, glad I tried it, but not too impressed, $100 meal!

I think souvenirs are a big ripoff, too. My son and I go so much the only thing we bring back now are the things we bought from the Dollar store!

I rarely eat lunch at the parks, too. We eat breakfast, go to the park all day and eat dinner when we get back to the hotel. It saves alot and my son doesn't even think about food while he's at the parks.

I am also in agreement with the packages. I bought one on my very first trip to Orlando and I am still feeling like a fool! I've learned the way around everything now and can package it myself like a pro! Thanks to these boards, of course!

I like having a car and go to the supermarket for snacks and food instead of buying at the parks. It's such a major waste of money. I always make sure I have a refrigerator or a cooler to keep things in my room.

No more of that light up toy crap for this family1 This year I convinced the girls to start pin trading. They love it!! I hope it is something they will keep for a lifetime of memories!

I won't pay more than $150/night for a hotel room - we're not in it that often, don't care about "themeing", etc. I'm w/the pack re: the water bottles - bring your own Brita. Won't pay for the stuff that will either break before you leave or sit in the bottom of your closet for years to come. Thank goodness my 12 yo son has learned the concept and realizes that you don't need everything that you see or that anybody else has. BUT I will pay for fun stuff to do - like surfing lessons, dolphin swimming, etc. - That kind of stuff is way cool. :)

Just a personal pet peeve of mine, but I refuse to pay (tip) for a bellhop, lol! I am able-bodied, and can carry my own bags. Now, if I had so much luggage that I couldn't carry it all myself, or if I just physically wasn't able to, then I'm sure I would appreciate the service.

f-LORI-da,

Will you tell that to my DH, please????? We are both quite able-bodied, only live a couple of hours away so we take weekend trips all the time - so we only have 1 or 2 bags at most. He STILL refuses to park his own car or carry his own bags - even if we just resort-hop for dinner!!!!!! And, he hates the counter service restaurants!!! Aaaaaaahhhh!

So, I guess there's not much I wouldn't buy at WDW. Too bad - could save a lot of money.

Michele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter