What happened to all the fast passes?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you are looking for availability on July 1st for MK, suddenly EVERYTHING is available...even SDMT

If you are looking for availability on July 1st for MK, suddenly EVERYTHING is available...even SDMT
There are several days that have opened up in early July, thanks for the heads up. I was able to add MMRR on one of our days. It's sort of scattered as to what's popped open. Mostly it's SDMT and MMRR. There were a couple of days with availability for MFSR. Avatar and SDD are still solidly booked.

Just on the off chance you had a glitch, are you still getting the same results for the 7th? I tried the 10th for DHS and it was wide open (other than tier 1 of course).

the Frozen sing along is now available at many times through the day. No such luck otherwise.

Just did my FP for 7/25-8/5. Looks like dates past 1 week aren't fully loaded. Decided to do animal kingdom for 8/1 as flight of passage was available that day. But safari and shows have no FP...note they are available on 7/26...so I think FP just aren't fully loaded. The seas and turtle talk at Epcot doesn't show up in August either.

Just did my FP for 7/25-8/5. Looks like dates past 1 week aren't fully loaded. Decided to do animal kingdom for 8/1 as flight of passage was available that day. But safari and shows have no FP...note they are available on 7/26...so I think FP just aren't fully loaded. The seas and turtle talk at Epcot doesn't show up in August either.
The Dibb showed no safari after 8/1 and most shows shutdown. It also showed no Seas or turtle talk in August.
Weird

Glad some folks are finding better fastpasses. Our trip is July 13-18. Haven’t been able to change our 1 mine train FP which is for 8:15 pm. Or MMRR which is for 4:45 on our departure day. Won’t be able to use it because we’ll need to leave for airport by 5:30 from YC. I am trying to find on another day, or move to earlier that day. Any tips for finding those hard to get FPs?

So my FP day for a late July trip was this past Saturday. 4 park days (well 3.5, but 4 days of fastpasses), Thursday - Sunday. For me, on day 3 (60+3), MF:SR and SDD were available with lots of options for time (I went with SDD in early afternoon). On day 4, I had all HS tier 1s available, though the MMRR ones were only available in the late afternoon and evening. Epcot, all tier 1s available with choice of times for all days. No FoP available our AK day (60+1). No idea if it was available later, since AK is our least favorite park and if we go it would be only on the first day. SDMT was available for our 2nd day, in the afternoon. All in all, we ended up with a FEA, SDMT, SDD, and MMRR, in addition to other less difficult to obtain fastpasses for our short trip. I was fine with what was available and it was pretty much what I would expect for a short trip during what is typically a pretty busy time. Now, what late July will actually be like, no idea.

I've been reading through this thread all week in preparation for booking my FPs because I have been very anxious. My FP booking date was this morning. Oddly enough, I was able to get every FP I wanted (MMRR, FOP, Frozen, Slinky, 7DMT, etc.) all available before 3 pm as well. 😯 I really wasn't expecting that... I was prepared for heartbreak. I did have a small issue while booking where MMRR wasn't available at all for my first HS day so I had to book it toward the end of my trip when it was available. Good luck everyone! Keep checking back! I remember when planning my 2018 trip that FOP wasn't available until one night I found a FP for it a few weeks before my trip. And during that same 2018 trip, I got a Slinky FP while I was in the park! I was blown away because there was a 100+ minute wait at the time. The FP system is crazy. I just hope I have this good of luck when I try to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance... 😅

Wondering with all these fastpasses being closed as of August 1.
If my reservation is 7/31-8/8 will I be able to modify and keep my reservation if they pull a August 1 open And just drop one day.
My fastpass day is this Monday. Hopefully we hear something soon , it’s all becoming very confusing.

I was able to snag-
MFSR
SDMT
FOP
Frozen
I really hope that they are open!!!
I was able to get the MFSR today
Did you get MFSR toward the end of your trip? I was wondering if it will be available toward the beginning of our trip the first week in August. I’m guessing not.

Glad some folks are finding better fastpasses. Our trip is July 13-18. Haven’t been able to change our 1 mine train FP which is for 8:15 pm. Or MMRR which is for 4:45 on our departure day. Won’t be able to use it because we’ll need to leave for airport by 5:30 from YC. I am trying to find on another day, or move to earlier that day. Any tips for finding those hard to get FPs?

If you have a reservation that you can't use, there is no benefit to keeping it, and you are just taking that time slot away from someone who could use it. You won't have any better luck modifying an existing reservation for a given ride than booking it as a new FP. Just cancel it and keep looking.

As for the shows being unavailable in August, I think there are a couple of possibilities. Either Disney is not going to operate the shows at all (in which case they will cancel all the July FPs made for those shows if the parks are open in July), or Disney is switching to a different kind of system for the shows (e.g., boarding pass), in which case they may or may not convert existing July FPs for those shows to the new format once they roll it out. I guess the only takeaway is that if you have a July vacation, keep a close eye on disboards to act quick if you need to replace your FPs.

Posted this in the “Lack of FP Options” thread but they one doesn’t seem to have much activity today so I’ll put it here.
For those who are familiar with The Dibb fast pass availability tool, do you find it is pretty accurate as far as Fast Pass availability?

We currently have a mid-June DVC reservation. Haven’t been canceled yet but I do expect it to happen.

I was going to wait to get canceled but now I’m thinking about just pulling the trigger and trying to reschedule in July as I see some dates with decent FP+ availability. I’m just a little hesitant to do so and then find that those fast passes are not really available.

One other think I just noticed on The Dibb fast pass availability page is that it says “Last Updated May 7” which seems odd simply because some of the more popular rides are almost fully booked through July. Wonder if that date is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter