What have you seen on the EA? (running thread)

We had a PT Cruiser too about two weeks ago with 10 miles on it. It was very easy to pick it out in the sea of rental cars in the parking lots.

May 11th, 10:45pm A Side

Lots and lots of Mitsubishi Gallants, a Grand Am, 1 mini-van and 1 SUV. We were anxious to get to our resort so I apologize for not having more specific information. I do know that the Aisle had about 15 cars and there were lots of cars in the full-size section.

We arrived on May 11 at 4:00 pm and found lots of cars available (more than 30). No minivans, SUVs or other cars that would be considered out of the ordinary, but a good selection of sedans. Many Mitsubishi Gallants, a sprinkling of Oldsmobiles and quite a few Pontiac Grand Ams (both 2-door and 4-door).

We are arriving on Monday and this will be our first time using EA. Do they consider Galants and Grand Ams Full size vehicles? If they aren't and that is the only choices, can you go to the full size row for a vehicle? Can you just do that or do you need some kind of authorization?

If you reserved a full size, you can go to the full size aisle for more choices. If you reserved intermediate, then no, but I guess you could look for an attendant for authorization. I believe Gallants are considered full size, Grand Am's are intermediate.

DebbieB,
Yes, we reserved a full size. The intermediate and the full were the same rate. Still, it's hard to believe a Gallant is a full size vehicle! Do they identify which vehicles are full size on the EA? Trying to get all the questions answered ahead of time as I will have a 7 & 2 yr. old with me and it's difficult to watch them and figure out the car situation in the garage! ;)

No, they do not identify the car sizes on the EA. When I was there 2 weeks ago, the Gallant looked to be about the same size as the Intrigue and Century parked on either side of it (both full size). Somone was already loading the Gallant, I debated between the Intrigue & Century. I had an Intrigue last time so I picked the Century, both were good cars. There were also several Chevy Malibu's, which I think are small for a full size, I had one 2 years ago and wasn't crazy about it.

Oops...I started a similar thread up top before I saw this. Sorry...

What kind of SUV's are there when they have them? Thanks

I rented a Galant & it is quite roomy. It is about the same size as an Accord or Camry.

There are smaller Mitsubishis, the Lancer, & the Mirage, I think, which are NOT full sized! The Galant is much larger.

SUV's on the aisle are hit or miss, Jen. I would say more of a miss. On a previous trip we had a full sized reserved, the EA and full size rows were empty and they let us take a Mitsubishi Montero (SUV). I wouldn't really count on finding one on the EA, though, unless you really luck out!:)

DebbieB,

You picked a Century over an Intrigue?!:D
They had nothing but Centuries in full size when we arrivedlast year, so that's what we got. "Mushy" says it all: mushy acceleration, mushy brakes, mushy suspension, and mushy seats. I *might *accept a free one, but I'd never buy one.

I've never driven an Intrigue, but Consumer Reports kind of likes it.

I didn't think it was bad, but I drive a Grand AM GT that I hate (sports suspension is not smooth). I'd say it was comparable to the Intrigue. They are both GM's, probably have the same basic design. I'd rate it a toss-up if given the choice again.

We picked up a Dodge Intrepid (Full Size). I got to the Aisle just in time to see someone else getting into a PT Cruiser :(. The Intrepid was very roomy with a trunk was HUGE ... big enough to hold our luggage with lots of extra room left over. The interior of the car was nice and the handling was good. The acceleration ... wasn't. It was slow and doggy with plenty of delay between putting my foot on the accelerator and when the car responded. My DH thought that I was exagerating when I told him it had no pick up since I am a lead foot who drives a convertible with a stick shift at home. Then, he drove it and agreed with me :). Still, I like the comfort of the car and would pick one off the aisle again. I just won't try to pass anyone.

On Sunday, May 19th about 4:30 p.m. there were several cars on EA -- Gallants, Intrepids, Camrys, Grand Prixs -- but no SUVs. We chose a silver Grand Prix as I used to have one before I got an SUV.

How can you tell what class a car falls into on the Emerald Aisle? I have a full-sized reserved and I want to make sure I get a full-sized.

I'm arriving at about 9am...does time of day matter. Anyone pickup cars early? What is there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter