What have you seen on the EA? (running thread)

Anyone just back? Anybody check both sides before going? Can you Pick out your car lock it take keys, and then get your luggage, & family? :earsgirl:

Can you Pick out your car lock it take keys, and then get your luggage, & family?
You could ... but it would be just as easy to drive around and pck them up like I did.

Hi all!

I just got back on the 29th. I arrived on the 21st at about 930 am. On the EA, they had a bunch of Malibus, Galants, one or two Suzuki SUV's (too small for our crew-great for family of four), Buick Centuries, and one last Dodge Intrepid, which we jumped on for the trunk space. It had a whopping 2000 miles on it. It was immaculate and had a cd playing and compass.

Hope this helps!

As for luggage, my husband and the kids went to baggage carousel while I went to get the car. I drove it up to the arrivals door, where they were waiting...and off we went. No schlepping the luggage through the airport...

I think I do that when my Brother and I visit in September.
I'll get the car and he can get the luggage.
Like you, I hate schlepping too. Whatever that is.

;)

Schlepping is a profoundly New York/New Jersey term. I believe it may be a derivitive of Yiddish. It's up there with "kvetching" and "schmalzy." We know conclude our Jewish slang class (taught by a Catholic school girl) and return you to our regularly scheduled thread.

:)

Sincerely, I appreciate the Yiddish lesson.
In New Zealand, you can understand, we dont get to hear alot of Yiddish slang which sounds like its common place in NY/NJ.

BTW. Suzuki SUV sounds just the thing for my Brother and I in September. Thanks for the update.

JEN87370

How much room was there in the Intrepid's trunk? Enough for two big suitcases and maybe a little more? We'll have four in our group (me, hubby, 16 yr. old and 3 yr. old) so we'll have at least two big suitcases, that's for sure.
Do you think a full size car would work for us? Opinions from others welcome, too.

The full sizes I have rented from National - Intrigue, Camry, Malibu, Century all had enough room for 2 full size suitcases (25"?) and 3 smaller ones (carryon size). I also had a Grand Prix with 3 full size and some smaller.

Our Intrepid trunk heads two small suitcases on wheels, one BIG suitcase on wheels, three backpacks and a duffle bag. Plus the backseat was big enough for another duffle down the middle of two six foot teenagers. I LOVED that car. When I came home to my Gallant, I felt like I was driving a compact.

Just back on the 30th and I have to say I have not seen any cars in the Emerald Aisle now for our last 4 trips. Thank goodness I've been renting a fullsize. The only perk we seem to get belonging to EA is not having to wait at the counter. I don't know if it's the side of the terminal we go to (I think B terminal), but EA has been empty since the first time we ever used it, back in August 2001.

Arrived on Wednesday 6/26 at 4:30 in Terminal A. In the full-size aisle were tons of Galants, an Alero, a GrandAm, and a couple of Malibus.

In the EA: a lot of Galants, about a dozen Daewoos of different sizes and shapes, 2 Eclipses (do I really need to bring all this luggage... and the kids?), more Galants, 2 Sebrings, a GrandAm(did I mention that there were Galants?), and behind a pillar...... a Grand Prix with 70 miles (guess which one I took!).

Returning yesterday (Sat 7/6 at noon): Galants, Galants, an Eclipse, and a few more Galants.

Does anyone know which airlines come in to which terminal? Or doesn't it work that way? Thanks :D

Arrived on July 1st, at 11:30 am. We took an Oldsmoble Intrigue from the full size isle. Gallants and one Intrepid with someones name in the windshield were on the isle. We had our luggage and got on the road in 40 min. from the time we landed! Oh, and that trunk fit 6 duffles and a garment bag!!

We were there June 29- July 5th. Used Emarald Isle and was in our car (4 dr Grand Prix) and on the road with in 10 minutes of leaving the plane:D . You can't beat "Emerald Isle"!!!!!!!!:bounce:

I wonder if the availability of cars has anything to do with when you land...my flight landed at 9:30 am...anyone else?

Jen80370,

We landed at MCO at 11:30 am on a saturday(June 29), and there were plenty of cars to choose from . Like I said in the earlier post , we were on the 417 south , 10 minutes after landing. We always use carry on luggage, so that saves time also.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter